View Full Version : Forum Mock Selection Thread
02-18-2008, 09:08 PM
1. Atlanta Hawks (f/MIA) : Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis
2. Memphis Grizzles (f/MIN) : Michael Beasley, SF/PF, Kansas State
3. Seattle Sonics : Jerryd Bayless, PG, Arizona
4. Dallas Mavericks (f/DEN via CHI via MIN via MEM) : Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma
5. Milwaukee Bucks (f/NYK) : DeAndre Jordan, C, Texas A&M
6. Los Angeles Clippers : Eric Gordon, SG, Indiana
7. Charlotte Bobcats : Hasheem Thabeet, C, UCONN
8. Milwaukee Bucks (f/MIL via NYK via MIL) : Nicolas Batum, SG/SF, France
9. New York Knicks (f/ MIN via CHI) : Donte Greene, SF, Syracuse
10. Indiana Packers (f/WAS via PHI) : Brook Lopez, C, Stanford
11. Houston Rockets (f/IND) : Chase Budinger, SG, Arizona
12. Sacramento Kings : OJ Mayo, SG, USC
13. New Jersey Nets (f/POR) : Tyler Smith, SF, Tennessee
14. Milwaukee Bucks (f/NYK via HOU) : Anthony Randolph SF/PF LSU
15. Chicago Bulls (f/NJ) : Darrell Arthur, PF, Kansas
16. Phoenix Suns (f/ATL) : Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy
17. Washington Wizards : Roy Hibbert, C, Georgetown
18. Los Angeles Clippers (f/TOR) : Andrew Ogilvy, C, Vanderbilt
19. Cleveland Cavaliers : Chris Douglas-Roberts, SG, Memphis
20. New Jersey Nets (f/SAC via GS) : Eric Maynor, PG, VCU
21. Orlando Magic : Kyle Weaver, PG/SG, Washington State
22. Chicago Bulls (f/NJ via CHI via DEN) : Bill Walker, SG, Kansas State
23. Milwaukee Bucks (f/UTH) Courtney Lee, SG, Western Kentucky
24. Portland Trail Blazers (f/SA) : Kosta Koufos, C, Ohio State
25. New Jersey Nets (f/CHI via SAC via NJ via MIN via MEM via LAL) : Ante Tomic, C, Croatia
26. Denver Nuggets (f/DAL) : Joey Dorsey, PF, Memphis
27. Sacramento Kings (f/NO) : Alexis Ajinca, PF, France
28. Seattle Sonics (f/PHX) : Davon Jefferson, SF, USC
29. Detroit Pistons : Jason Thompson, PF/C, Rider
30. Boston Celtics : Serge Ibaka, PF, Congo
31. Boston Celtics (f/MIA) : Semih Erden, C, Turkey
32. Minnesota T'Wolves : Taj Gibson, PF, USC
33. Seattle Sonics : Rodrigue Beaubois, PG, France
34. Portland Trail Blazers (f/MEM) : Dajuan Summers, SF, Georgetown
35. Memphis Grizzles (f/MIL via NYK) : Kentrell Gransberry, PF/C, USF
36. Los Angeles Clippers : Brian Roberts, PG, Dayton
37. Charlotte Bobcats : Bryce Taylor, SG, Oregon
38. Philadelphia 76ers (f/NYK via MIL) : DJ White, PF, Indiana
39. Indiana Pacers (f/CHI) : Malik Hairston, SG, Oregon
40. Philadelphia 76ers : Demarcus Nelson, SG, Duke
41. Indiana Pacers : DeVon Hardin, C, California
42. Cleveland Cavaliers (f/SAC) : Nathan Jawai, PF/C, Australia
43. Portland Trail Blazers : Sonny Weems, SG, Alabama
44. Houston Rockets : Goran Dragic, PG, Slovenia
45. Golden State Warriors (f/SAC via NJ) : James Gist, SF, Maryland
46. Utah Jazz (f/MIL via ATL) : Nikola Pekovic, C, Montenegro
47. Philadelphia 76ers (f/WAS) : Sean Singletary, PG, Virginia
48. Toronto Raptors : Derrick Low, PG, Washington State
49. Cleveland Cavaliers : Novica Velickovic, PF, Serbia
50. Golden State Warriors : J.R. Giddens, SG, New Mexico
51. Orlando Magic : Darnell Jackson, PF, Kansas
52. Chicago Bulls (f/DEN) : Pat Calathes, SF/PF, St. Joe's
53. Utah Jazz : Omer Asik, C, Turkey
54. Utah Jazz (f/SA) : Maarty Leunen, SF, Oregon
55. Los Angeles Lakers : Richard Roby, SG, Colorado
56. Dallas Mavericks : Bambale Osby, PF/C, Maryland
57. Golden State Warriors (f/NO) : Will Daniels, SF, Rhode Island
58. Memphis Grizzles (f/MIL via PHX) : Shan Foster, SG, Vanderbilt
59. Detroit Pistons : Bo McCalebb, PG, New Orleans
60. New York Knicks (f/BOS) : Chris Daniels, C, Texas A&M-CC
Please only post picks in here, leave reaction in the intial Forum Mock Thread
With the First Overall selection in the NBA Draft, acquired from the Miami Heat, the Atlanta Hawks select...
Derrick Rose, PG, Memphis
02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
With the 2nd selection of the 2008 NBA Draft,
the Memphis Grizzlies select:
Forward Michael Beasley, Kansas State
GM Jerry West: When Atlanta traded up for the #1 spot, the sun rays seemed to emerge from cloudy skies. With Michael Conley, we were set at the PG spot, so Derrick Rose wasn't a real option for us. We had preliminary trade discussions set up to trade out of that spot if Beasley had gone to Miami. Our scouts provided us with enough information that while we feel DeAndre Jordan has tremendous upside, we weren't truly comfortable with taking that risk as his college production has been...kindly put... underwhelming. When the opportunity came to get Lamarcus Aldridge, we pulled the trigger to ease our worries of passing on Jordan. The #1 need on our team all along was having a true "go to" guy and we got him now baby!
02-19-2008, 12:30 AM
The Seattle Supersonics select....
Jerryd Bayless, PG, Arizona
02-19-2008, 04:03 PM
The Dallas Mavericks Select:
PF, Blake Griffin.
The Mav's as previously stated are in total rebuilding mode as they are still actively shopping Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Erick Dampier among others. The Team wasn't going to win it all with Dirk, so we decided to part ways towards a younger more athletic team headed by Josh Howard and Devin Harris. We gave some thought to Deandre Jordan but we feel as his game was too raw for us. Despite being in rebuilding we want someone ready to contribute some now, and Jordan is atleast 3 years away. Blake Griffin is arguably the most talented big man in the draft. He will be a career 20+12 guy. Big strong body, great post moves to go along with freakish athleticism and solid perimeter game. May be flying under the radar a bit but if you are looking for the draft's "Elton Brand" he is it, except he has elite athleticism and a killer instinct. To win the west you need a strong front line, and we feel as if that our Frontline will be elite now and for a while. Lot's of bodies and athleticism. We actually think his upside is greater than Jordan's despite being more polished. Athleticism and post skills like this don't grow on trees.
02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks select DeAndre Jordan Center from Texas A&M.
Jordan has the most potential out of any big man in the draft and the Bucks were willing to take him even though they had just acquired Eddy Curry.
02-19-2008, 05:42 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers select Shooting Guard, Eric Gordon, from the Univerity of Indiana!!!
It may not be a position of immediate need, but the value is too good to pass up.
02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
the charlotte bobcats select: Hasheem Thabeet, C, UCONN
might see us taking brook lopez instead but the bobcats feel thabeet can be better down the road with both offense and defense. paired up with emeka okafor down low, there shouldnt be to many scores int he paint
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks select Nicolas Batum SG/SF from France
A youngster with a world of potential and can team up with Yi and Jordan to give the Bucks a three headed monster.
02-19-2008, 07:05 PM
SF Donte Green
Green is a tremendous young SF who gives the Knicks exactly what they need. An offensive play maker who's can take games over with his point scoring ability. With a tremendous shot and outstanding driving ability, Green possess the offensive talent of Rashard Lewis, but even more of a pure point scorer. He's a great defender as well and good on man to man defense, covering either the 4 or 3. Green will not be thrusted into a starting position right away, but will be given 20-25 solid minutes and the opportunity to show himself. Perhaps the only weakness in his game right now, is his lack of bulk, but that will be taken care of. The Knicks are proud to welcome one of the draft's most versatile and dynamic players on their team.
02-19-2008, 07:28 PM
The Pacers select C Brook Loopez 7'0 260 pound brick shathouse
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
The Houston Rockets select Chase Budinger Shooting Guard from Arizona
With the trade of T-Mac this position needed to be addressed and Chase is that guy.
02-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Sacramento selects PG/SG OJ Mayo, USC
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
With pick 13, the New Jersey Nets select...
Tyler Smith, F, Tennessee
Tyler's scoring ability was just too good to pass up here. He'll add scoring and toughness to a young squad.
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks select Anthony Randolph SF/PF Louisiana State
Randolph has big time talent and has huge upside but the one downside is his weight and that can currently be worked. The Bucks are absolutely thrilled with this pick.
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
with the 15th pick in the draft, the New Jersey Nets select:
Darren Collison, PG, UCLA
Nets grab a PG to work with Marcus Williams as their tandem and lets Douby move to SG and focus on being a scorer
02-19-2008, 09:16 PM
With the 15th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Chicago Bulls select:
Darrell Arthur 6'9" 230 lbs PF Kansas Sophomore
NBA Comparison: Antonio McDyess
Strengths: A skilled power forward with a tremendous package of size and athleticism ... Measures in at 6’9” 230 lbs with bigtime hops and lateral quickness ... Possesses a good handle for a player his size as well as a mid-range shot ... Led the Jayhawks in blocked shots as a freshman with 56, displaying his quick, explosive vertical leap .
02-19-2008, 10:27 PM
02-19-2008, 10:30 PM
The Washington Wizards select Center Roy Hibbert of Georgetown
Wizards are ecstatic to land the local big man this late in the draft. You can't teach his size, to go along with superior intelligence and tools. He will have plenty of time to develop under Samuel Dalambert and Brendan Haywood, and he provides us with an interesting project for the future.
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
The Phoenix Suns select Danilo Gallinari, F, Italy
With this pick we simply went BPA, Gallinari is the best foreign player in the draft & we even considered trading up for him. He is NBA ready right now and can provide depth at SG, SF, & PF he can even play the point if necessary. We feel that he is a rich man's Boris Diaw and that even though our team is built to win now, we have a very solid core in place for the future.
02-19-2008, 11:05 PM
C Andrew Ogilvy from Vanderbilt
02-19-2008, 11:12 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers select Memphis SG Chris Douglas-Roberts
02-19-2008, 11:43 PM
The New Jersey Nets select VCU PG Eric Maynor
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
The Orlando Magic select PG/SG Kyle Weaver from Washington State
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
With the 20th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft the Chicago Bulls select:
Bill Walker 6'6'' 220 SG/SF Kansas State RS Freshman
26 mins 16.5 pts 6.5 rebs 2 asts .467% FG this year at Kansas State
Strengths: An absolutely jaw dropping, electrifying dunker capable of getting air like the greatest dunkers of all time, Jordan, Dominique, Vince Carter, Josh Smith etc. ... His leg strength and explosiveness is off the charts ... His skill level is still catching up, but he has shown tremendous progress over the past year ... Improvements have been seen in shooting, feel for the game, as well as creating offense off the dribble ..... Has a killer instinct, with a real nasty side to his personality. Has no problem dominating inferior competition, competes hard ... His upside is incredible
02-19-2008, 11:56 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks select SG Courtney Lee from Western Kentucky
02-20-2008, 07:36 AM
The Portland Trail Blazers select Kosta Koufos, PF, Ohio State University.
02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
The New Jersey Nets select big man from Croatia Ante Tomic
02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
The Denver Nuggets select Joey Dorsey, C, Memphis.
Looking towards the future, there was only one position that worried me for the Nuggets: Center. We wanted a terrific defender and we get just that. Once Camby retires/regresses, we should hardly miss a beat with Dorsey down there. While he doesn't offer much on offense, he won't have to here. With his freakish strength, athleticism and hustle, he's the best rebounder in this class as well as a terrific all-around defender. It's almost creepy how close he is to being Ben Wallace Part 2.
02-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Sacramento selects Alexis Ajinca, France.
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
The Seattle SuperSonics select USC SF Davon Jefferson
02-20-2008, 04:09 PM
The Detroit Pistons select Rider PF/C Jason Thompson
02-20-2008, 04:16 PM
The Boston Celtics select
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Minnesota Timberwolves select
Taj Gibson, F, USC
02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
The Seattle Sonics select PG from France Rodrigue Beaubois
02-20-2008, 05:05 PM
The Portland Trail Blazers select, from Georgetown University, SF Dajuan Summers.
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
With the 35th selection of the 2008 NBA Draft,
the Memphis Grizzlies select:
PF/C Kentrell Gransberry 6'10, 270
GM Jerry West: There was a twinkle in my eye after I first had the chance to see Kentrell play in person. It was the UCONN vs South Florida game where I actually came to scout Thabeet. Gransberry dominated Hibbert from the start, before ending up with a 26 point, 15 rebound and 6 block shot game while Thabeet ended up with 6 points, 9 boards and 0 assists. Needless to say, I sent our scouting department out to figure out who this guy is and all reports game back positive. Though South Florida lost the game by a heartbreaking point, I knew then that Kentrell Gransberry would one day be wearing a Grizzlies jersey.
02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers select Dayton PG Brian Roberts
02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
the bobcats select: bryce taylor, SG, oregon
Tampa 2 4 life
02-20-2008, 06:07 PM
76ers Select PF D.J. White
02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
The Indiana Pacers select Oregon SG Malik Hairston
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers select Duke SG Demarcus Nelson
02-20-2008, 07:51 PM
The Indiana Pacers select Cal PF DeVon Hardin
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers select Australian PF/C Nathan Jawai
02-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Blazers take Arkansas SG Sonny Weems.
02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
The Houston Rockets select Slovenian PG Goran Dragic
02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
The Golden State Warriors select SF James Gist (Maryland)
A high-flyer who runs the court well and can shut-down his opponent on D. A perfect fit for Golden State.
02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
With the 46th pick of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz select
C Nikola Pekovic (Serbia)
bored of education
02-20-2008, 09:26 PM
02-20-2008, 09:52 PM
The Philadelphia 76ers select Virginia PG Sean Singletary
02-20-2008, 10:39 PM
The Raptors select
Derrick Low PG
02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers select Serbian PF Novica Velickovic
02-20-2008, 11:43 PM
The Golden State Warriors select SG/SF J.R. Giddens (New Mexico)
Great shooter and an explosive dunker and leaper. Also a pretty good rebounder for his size. Will be a great wingman off the bench. Has fallen off the radar after leaving Kansas, but he's still a great player.
02-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Holy beep JR Giddens.
delete this i thought i was in the other thread
Tampa 2 4 life
02-21-2008, 02:30 PM
PF Darnell Jackson, Kansas
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
With the 52nd pick the Bulls select
Pat Calathes SF/PF 6'10'' 215 St. Joseph's Sr.
02-21-2008, 04:39 PM
The Utah Jazz select Turkey C Omer Asik
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
The Utah Jazz select SF Maarty Leunen from Oregon
02-21-2008, 04:44 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers select Colorado SG Richard Roby
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
PF/C, Bambale Osby, aka next Ben Wallace.
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
The Golden State Warriors select SF Will Daniels (Rhode Island)
02-22-2008, 02:11 AM
With the 2nd selection of the 2008 NBA Draft,
the Memphis Grizzlies select:
Guard Shan Foster, Vanderbilt
GM Jerry West: One of the premier 3 point shooters in the league, Shan Foster has been lighting it up from downtown as a Senior at a 53% clip. Has excellent speed, excels in the open floor finishing well on the break with his explosive leaping ability … While not pretty his shot is effective: The high release point on his shot allows him to get shots off without much daylight … Has improved defensively and gathers a fair number of steals (1.5 as a senior) … Really moves well without the ball, setting opponents up for screens and constantly moving to get open ... A quality free throw shooter … Hard worker, has shown improvement in his all around game. Shows dedication to his conditioning and gets stronger as the game goes on ...
Memphis is happy to welcome Shan Foster to the Grizzlies.
2008-09 Projected Lineup
PG: Mike Conley .. Beno Udrih .. Sebastian Telfair
SG: RudyGay .. Gerald Green .. Shan Foster
SF: Michael Beasley .. Ricky Davis
PF: Brandan Wright .. Chris Webber .. Kentrell Gransberry
C: Lamarcus Aldridge .. Theo Ratliff .. Jason Collins
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
The Pistons select New Orleans PG Bo McCalebb
The Knicks select Texas A&M-CC C Chris Daniels
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.