PDA

View Full Version : Linebackers.

Addict
02-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Okay so it's pretty obvious that we have loads of needs on defense, still the chances of us going for a linabacker this year are pretty big, although it won't be until round 3 or, if we trade a player or something, late 2nd round.

Taken into account that the top two guys (connor, rivers and in a 3-4 gholston) are most likely gone, who should the lions be looking at?

MicJay
02-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Curtis Lofton hit likes a semi and would be a very good second round pick if he lasts that long and assuming the Lions don't pick up a linebacker in FA.

Xiomera
02-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Quick ranking:

1. Connor
2. Lofton
3. Mayo
4. Henderson
5. Wheeler

Addict
02-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I like gooden and henderson A LOT, but really all these guys look awesome, is it just me or is this linebacker class a lot better than last years'?

neko4
02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Erin and EJ, thats $O Money

Xiomera
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I like gooden and henderson A LOT, but really all these guys look awesome, is it just me or is this linebacker class a lot better than last years'?

Yeah, this is one of the deeper classes I can remember.

Not much top end LB talent, but it is really deep.

wingboy2999
02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Quick ranking:

1. Connor
2. Lofton
3. Mayo
4. Henderson
5. Wheeler

Wheeler could possibly the best fit for the Cover 2 so I don't know why he is that low.

Addict
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I would be psyched if we got a guy like henderson or gooden in round 2 or 3 and then come back next year and grab Laurinnittitties or Maualuga... we'd have one hell of a linebacker corps

wingboy2999
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Ohhhhhhh this is overall. I thought you meant to play ILB. Gotcha.

Addict
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Ohhhhhhh this is overall. I thought you meant to play ILB. Gotcha.

well we have two linebacking spots to fill, if I'm not mistaken.

Scotty D
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
well we have two linebacking spots to fill, if I'm not mistaken.

Technically yes. But from what I've read where are going to get one new one LB and Lenon will either play SAM or MIKE. Which ever one the new guy doesn't play.

Xiomera
02-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Technically yes. But from what I've read where are going to get one new one LB and Lenon will either play SAM or MIKE. Which ever one the new guy doesn't play.

Yeah, let's just address one of them for this offseason. We have enough needs as it is. Lenon is the least of our concerns right now. Compare him to our starting CB's . . . we don't have any! That's a problem, haha.

P-L
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I have a thing for Philip Wheeler. I would be extremely happy if the Lions selected him on draft day.

Addict
02-20-2008, 02:28 AM

Yeah two linebacker positions is too much out of one draft anyways.

TacticaLion
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Tavares Gooden is a complete stud and is a great fit as a Cover 2 MLB.

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 238 | 40-Time: 4.50

Strengths:
Really athletic...Very good timed speed...Has a solid build...Outstanding in pursuit with a burst to close...Extremely active with a non-stop motor...Has a nose for the ball...Excellent range...A reliable tackler who will deliver the big hit..Fluid and does a nice job in coverage...Hard worker...Versatile...Very productive...Great pedigree.

Weaknesses:
Instincts and awareness are questionable...A tad undersized...Is not stout at the point...Doesn't necessarily play with a nasty demeanor...He is not much of a pass rusher or blitzer...Did not make a lot of impact plays behind the line of scrimmage.

Notes:
The next in a long line of great Hurricane linebackers...Will attempt to follow in the footsteps of guys like Ray Lewis, DJ Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Rocky McIntosh and Jon Beason..Has experience at all three linebacker positions...He was a prep track star (discus)...Also a special teams ace...Flew under the radar to a degree due in large part to the struggles of the Miami program but this guy's a superb prospect.I want him over everyone on the list. Gooden is my new man-crush (first Willis, then Connor, now Gooden).