PDA

View Full Version : Some names.......

Quagmire
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Not necessarily a pure Dolphins post, (some of these guys have been projected to MIA in rds 2 or 3) but here are a few names who I think are going to go much higher than projected in most mocks currently:

Quentin Groves - I can see him going top 15 post workouts, maybe top 10..
Pat Sims - NT is a need pick for many teams and I think he sneaks into low round 1
Philip Merling - Like Sims, a guy with a good weigh-in/workout who can be a need pick for teams that need a 3-4 DE. Again, top 15.
John Carlson - I think he might be there for #32, but I can't see how he makes it to #57.... He may sneak into low round 1..........
Devin Thomas - I think this guy gets to low rd 1 by draft day with a good workout. Almost perfect physical dimensions for a WR.
Branden Albert - His name is really getting out there. No way he sees rd 2. In fact, he may jump into the top 15-20 area as well....

Just some thoughts. The guys I mentioned happen to be personal favorites of mine and I would love to see them end up in Miami. If they make the Dallas deal, I could see 1 or 2 of them ending up there, but otherwise, I think they may not get a chance with the 1st pick of round 2....

thebow305
02-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I really think Carlson, one way or another, will be a Dolphin next year for some reason. He seems like a great fit and is a player I could see the management falling in love with.

BigBlueCrew56
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Chris Long and John Carlson wouldnt be a bad way to start the draft but I dont think they should reach for him since this seems to be a pretty deep TE draft. I also am a big fan of Dustin Keller.

thebow305
02-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Chris Long and John Carlson wouldnt be a bad way to start the draft but I dont think they should reach for him since this seems to be a pretty deep TE draft. I also am a big fan of Dustin Keller.

Yeah but Keller is just a pass catcher, he is not a very adequate blocker, and Parcells will never go for that. Carlson is the best Pass catching, blocking combo tight end prospect in this draft by far, that's why i want him and I think it's for that reason Parcells will too.