PDA

View Full Version : Bears cut ties with Ruben Brown

Gay Ork Wang
02-21-2008, 01:54 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2008/02/bears-cut-ruben.html

well, all about rebuilding

Hurricane Ditka
02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
We should have done this 2 years ago.

toonsterwu
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Eh ... feels like we are going after the OG market in FA moreso than the OT market. Somehow get the feeling that Faneca's target 1 for the OL.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2008, 02:19 PM
We're 30 mil under the cap and apparently not retaining Briggs or Berrian. I'd put the odds on us signing Faneca at about 60% right now.

awfullyquiet
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I didn't like it.

I think a 1 year deal with brown woulda been fine. Insurance on our o-line is clutch.

toonsterwu
02-21-2008, 07:12 PM
On Faneca - If the Cardinals decide to get involved, we'll have a tough fight. We could offer more money, but the relationships that Faneca has with Grimm and Whisenhunt could become a factor.

All that said, OG isn't really a huge need for the Cardinals. Wells/Lutui is fine.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM
On Faneca - If the Cardinals decide to get involved, we'll have a tough fight. We could offer more money, but the relationships that Faneca has with Grimm and Whisenhunt could become a factor.

All that said, OG isn't really a huge need for the Cardinals. Wells/Lutui is fine.

The Cards will have their own issues in restructing Fitzgerald this offseason anyway. But yeah, Faneca is far from a done deal obviously, just reasoned speculation.

Hurricane Ditka
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
I didn't like it.

I think a 1 year deal with brown woulda been fine. Insurance on our o-line is clutch.

I love it. I think its coming a couple years too late. We can't have a 34 year old, constantly injured insurance policy.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
He sucked huge balls this year, but he was a monster the year we went to the SuperBowl.. This cannot be denied.

I also felt that Ruben playing injured this year was the biggest reason for the huge drop off in the OL production. He was getting consistently dominated next to Kreutz and was just a disaster.

He was a solid Bear IMO though, but Faneca will look nice.

BeerBaron
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM

yeah reggie wells!! he went to my college! one of the few theres ever been in the nfl, lol.

anyways, im becoming more and more ok with the faneca signing AS LONG AS we got OT in round 1. an injection of long term youth plus a shorter term FA starter balances id say

Smokey Joe
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
We should have done this 2 years ago.
Yeah, even though he was a pro bowler just 1 year ago.

awfullyquiet
02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, even though he was a pro bowler just 1 year ago.

cha-ching.

really. his play last year was far from bad. and 'constantly dominated' is only in reference to fred miller.

kthxbai.