PDA

View Full Version : Pre coin flip/combine mock...

stephenson86
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
No explenations, this is just the skeleton of my new mock that will be touched up after the coin flip/combine

Broncos send the 12th overall pick and Javon Walker to Kansas City for the 5th overall pick.

1. Miami Dolphins – Vernon Gholston – DE – Ohio State

2. St. Louis Rams – Chris Long – DE – Virginia

3. Atlanta Falcons – Darren McFadden – RB – Arkansas

4. Oakland Raiders – Sedrick Ellis – DT – U.S.C.

5. Denver Broncos (From KC) – Glenn Dorsey – DT – L.S.U.

6. New York Jets – Phillip Merling – DE – Clemson

7. New England Patriots (From SF) – Jake Long – OT – Michigan

8. Baltimore Ravens – Matt Ryan – QB – Boston College

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Kentwan Balmer – DT – North Carolina

10. New Orleans Saints – Leodis McKelvin – CB – Troy

11. Buffalo Bills – Keith Rivers – OLB – U.S.C.

12. Kansas City Chiefs (From DEN) – Ryan Clady – OT – Boise State

13. Carolina Panthers – Kenny Phillips – S – Miami

14. Chicago Bears – Jeff Otah – OT - Pittsburgh

15. Detroit Lions – Rashard Mendenhall – RB – Illinois

16. Arizona Cardinals – Mike Jenkins – CB – South Florida

17. Minnesota Vikings – Derrick Harvey – DE – Florida –

18. Houston Texans – Jonathan Stewart – RB – Oregon

19. Philadelphia Eagles – Aqib Talib – CB – Kansas

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DeSean Jackson – WR – California

21. Washington Redskins – Calais Campbell – DE – Miami –

22. Dallas Cowboys (From CLE) – Branden Flowers – CB – Virginia Tech

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Chris Williams – OT – Vanderbilt

24. Tennessee Titans – Malcolm Kelly – WR – Oklahoma

25. Seattle Seahawks – Branden Albert – OG – Virginia

26. Jacksonville Jaguars – Gosder Cherilus – OT – Boston College

27. San Diego Chargers – Reggie Smith – S – Oklahoma

28. Dallas Cowboys – Felix Jones – RB – Arkansas

29. San Francisco 49ers (From IND) – Mario Manningham – WR – Michigan

30. Green Bay Packers – DRC – CB – Tennessee St –

31. New England Patriots – Forfeited

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1760/noobzwa1.jpg

32. New York Giants – DeJuan Morgan - S - North Carolina State -

BaLLiN
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
32. New York Giants – Dan Connor – OLB – Penn State –

Seriously? I mean there is enough explanation out there, and mayock said he's more of an inside backer, he also has average to poor coverage skills, and frankly, thats exactly what we need. We also have Kiwi coming back at WLB so we have some depth (with Wilkinson behind him), so i really doubt that we pick a LB in the first unless its Keith rivers.

Our biggest need is DB, without a question. One safety spot is occupied by my grandma, I mean James Butler <-- (SLOW and AVERAGE) and the other by a free agent Gibril Wilson. We have 2 old corners who will likely retire in a year or two, only one guy (Aaron Ross) we know we can rely on, we have a surprise who we still dont know can handle the position for a whole season (Webster), we have a good nickle corner (Dockery), and some guy we picked up off the street (Pope)

vidae
02-21-2008, 08:03 PM
You know, I would be more than happy to have Javon Walker and still pick up Clady at 12. I think that's an excellent trade.

Good job.

Bills2083
02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Great Bills pick

defensiveback23
02-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Excellent Chargers pick but I doubt the Chiefs and Broncos would trade with each other.

21ST
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Great pick for the redskins, i am really tarting to like campbell alot

stephenson86
02-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Excellent Chargers pick but I doubt the Chiefs and Broncos would trade with each other.

atm those teams need all the help the can get to get back to what they used to be

brat316
02-21-2008, 08:36 PM
why would the broncos trade one of their players to divison rival they have to face twice a year, its one thing giving a way picks like the eagles its another thing giving players to them. Why not trade with the Jets or Falcons. other than that its pretty good. Maybe u might change the draft trade after the coin flip.

Cowboys first pick, would they really pick up a cb, when they just lost Flozell Adams and Tagged Hamlin.

stephenson86
02-21-2008, 08:40 PM
why would the broncos trade one of their players to divison rival they have to face twice a year, its one thing giving a way picks like the eagles its another thing giving players to them. Why not trade with the Jets or Falcons. other than that its pretty good. Maybe u might change the draft trade after the coin flip.

Cowboys first pick, would they really pick up a cb, when they just lost Flozell Adams and Tagged Hamlin.

They may still keep flozell hes not gone just yet, if not they can easily pick up a goood OT and they are in dyer need of a CB

as for the walker trade, IMO walker will never be as good as he was ever, personally i think hes over valued and the broncos are getting rid of baggage and getting a key need, whats the worst that could happen, hes up against bailey twice a year?

i think it would be one thing to send him to SD (which would be so stupid) but KC are a long way from being contenders so i dont see the harm in sending them IMO a good but not great number 1 guy and their pick to plug a major need

defensiveback23
02-21-2008, 09:11 PM
atm those teams need all the help the can get to get back to what they used to be

I get what you're saying but even if they throw the division rivalry out the window I don't think Walker is even worth trading that much for from the Chief's perspective. The difference between the 12th and 5th picks is 500 points which is the value of the 40th overall selection. I don't think Walker is worth near that much.

neko4
02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
nice packers selection

bored of education
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
would rather have otah than clady if im KC but a solid pick.

BeerBaron
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
good, standard bears pick

maybe if i compliment people who give us otah or williams ill stop having to make my "say not to brian brohm" speech, lol

hugegmenfan
02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Morgan is an ok pick but NOT 1st round- thats way too much of a reach. Give us Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie who is somehow not in the 1st round

thebow305
02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Perfect phins pick!

stephenson86
02-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Morgan is an ok pick but NOT 1st round- thats way too much of a reach. Give us Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie who is somehow not in the 1st round

he is going to the packers

the giants have the hardest pick of the first round by a mile

BaLLiN
02-22-2008, 05:42 AM
he is going to the packers

the giants have the hardest pick of the first round by a mile

As far as value, but positionwise, its CB, S, or OL IMO, but id still love if we get a guy like Pat Sims, still.

If the Giants pick was in the 2nd, this would be a great pick, he could see his stock rise once people actually know his game at the combine. I Think he has first round potential, but as of right now he's a mid second.

Matthew Jones
02-22-2008, 05:45 AM
I would LOVE Jake Long.