PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mock Draft (3 Rounds)

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/156464

hugegmenfan
02-22-2008, 09:33 AM
ok giants draft-
1st round if reggie smith is there he is our pick, or dominic rodgers-cromartie also-id also rather have balmer than sam baker too, but its not a terrible pick at all
AMAZING 2nd round pick- henderson is perfect for our scheme and a great player
also, brandon flowers is like a borderline 1st rounder at this pt, he wont slip that far but if he does, we trade up to get a like him

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I debated there between Baker and Balmer for the Giants...I think OT is more of a need than DT though...

You really think Flowers is first round material?? I'm not overly impressed with him...just my opinion though.

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-22-2008, 09:52 AM
good Oakland draft.

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Now Oakland fans need to hope that Al Davis is smart enough to draft that way and not try to make the flashy pick...

Bills2083
02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
1.) Dan Connor...I like Keith Rivers A LOT better, and would much rather go with him here.
2.) Adarius Bowman... I'm fine with this pick. I like James Hardy too.
3.) Jermichael Finley... Great pick
3.) Dejuan Tribble... I'm fine with this.

Overall, I'd just want to take Rivers in round 1

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
What's everyone else think about their team's draft??

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 10:14 AM
I agree that Rivers is a better player...but I believe there some hidden value in taking college teammates...

Similar to the Titans pick adding a comfort level along with a solid prospect gives the pick more value...

Good thoughts though.

BeerBaron
02-22-2008, 10:38 AM
WHAT THE $%&@!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT.........WHAT THE %$&%

no way, no way no way no way no way.

that is the most assanine crock of insanity ive ever heard.

aside from teh fact that i would renounce my bears fandom IF ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVEN WERE DISCUSSED, i would renounce my fandom of all things nfl if that trade went down like that.

we just sacrificed everything for this year and some of next year for a QB who i have NEVER LIKE and is the MOST OVERRATED HUMAN BEING TO EVER STRAP ON A HELMET and you do that to me!?!?!?!?!?

no no triple no. your lucky swear words would get bleeped.

aside from my personal hatred of that, the bears have too many needs to just straight up sacrifice something for something like that.

we have no OT to keep a guy like that on his feet, we have no running game to take pressure off of him, we have few respectable targets to throw to....

no no and again no. absolutely not.

are you an eagles fan? a packers fan? someone ive pissed off on another board???

now i have to go see a doctor about my left arm feeling numb and this tightening sensation in my chest after reading all that....

Matthew Jones
02-22-2008, 10:41 AM
I'll be pissed if we draft McKelvin.

BaLLiN
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
The giants would not draft Baker in that situation. Reggie Smith and DRC are still available, we would take either of them. Second rounder Henderson is more of a SLB, but i still like him; Phillip Wheeler would be a better fit. Rubin is a good pick for us IMO.

bearsfan_51
02-22-2008, 11:25 AM
That Bears trade is the biggest piece of **** I've ever seen in my life.

And I love McNabb.

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
McNabb is worth those picks...when healthy he makes a bad Bears offense a good one...one that is much better than their Super Bowl year offense. That defense is aging and you only got a couple years left with it being dominating...you want to hinge those couple of years on Grossman?? Goodluck with that.

vidae
02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Haha, guess we have a controversial one on our hands here.

I love the Chiefs first round. I'd prefer to have Branden Albert in the second, but you did give us a very solid and potentially great OG in Chilo. I just think Albert will be a better player. Either way, back to back offensive lineman will make any Chiefs fan happy, so good job on that front!

That being said, I'm not in love with the third round pick. I know to people who maybe didn't see a lot of Chiefs games this year (lucky you) it would seem that QB is a major concern. I disagree. With arguably our biggest offensive weapon out for most of the season and a patchwork offensive line with injuries as well, Croyle didn't get a realistic shot at being the QB for us. Given a year or two to develop behind a competent offensive line and with a healthy arsenal of weapons (LJ, Bowe, Tony G) I think he will be a very good QB at this level. I would have preferred a CB or WR. Brandon Flowers goes a few picks later (which is pretty hard to believe that he'd drop to 3rd anyway) so in this mock I would prefer him there. Ty Law and Patrick Surtain are "ancient" in CB years.

Overall, I think you did a good job from a Chiefs standpoint. Again, no one will complain about back to back offensive lineman!

T-RICH49
02-22-2008, 11:58 AM
no freaking way KC passes on Rodgers-Cromartie in RD 2.CB is right up there with OL in terms of need

bored of education
02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I like KC's draft for the most part. Brandon Flowers in the 3rd round would be awesome. Long Chilo and Flowrs = A+++++++++++++++++++

GB12
02-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow, Rivers and Lee would be amazing.

21ST
02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I would love that for the redskins

eaglesalltheway
02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Mixed feelings about this one, would like the picks I gues, Compbell is an iffy one, as the Eagles don't need DE early, or early help at the LB corp. In some ways I like it, but others hate it. The Eagles are firm in their stance that McNabb will be withthem next year.

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Put it this way...if the Eagles don't trade McNabb they HAVE to make a play for a big-time receiver. Even an Eagles fan has to admit they can't compete in the best division in football without one....

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Where are the fans of all the other teams in this draft??

I know you have opinions!

ChosenOne
02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Pretty good Steelers draft. I would love those first two picks, but I'm not so sure about Lowry.

Dark Apprentice
02-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Blast, I don't know how to delete this accidental double-post.

Dark Apprentice
02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't think that there is enough value in the top 15 picks to warrant that much of ANY trading will go on without veterans being involved.
I think that your Dallas-Miami, and Philadelphia-Chicago trades are fantasy, though.

The top guys want out, but the bottom doesn't want to go up due to the cost, and that this is a somewhat mediocre top of the draft class.

D-Mac might be that valuable, but Jerry Jones is too smart to do it. . . He can get close value later on with Felix Jones or someone else (heck, he might take Steve Slaton way later to compliment Barber.)
Philadelphia isn't going to trade McNabb and -even if they did- he's not worth that much anymore. . . He'd probably only be worth a second-rounder at this point -even WITH the dearth of QBs around the league (and I LIKE McNabb.)

I do kinda like the Cin City-New England trade you made. . . New England likes to trade down to stockpile, and Cin City might be willing to sacrifice that much for a highly productive guy like Ellis -since he is premier and at a the top need position.

However, the Bengals are NOT going to draft another corner that early.
Don't need him. They're developing both Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall.
DRC would be a great value, there, but he can't be converted to Safety (too light), so unless Cin City would want Hall or Joseph converted to safety (highly unlikely) I don't see it happening.
Now, they might well take the man you have a pick behind them: Xavier Adibi.
That would make ME happy.

I do like the Martin Rucker pick in the third. . . that would be good.
And -were this extended- I personally would like to take Frank Okam in the fourth, fifth, or sixth. Maybe not the highest motor, but I think he could develop into a starter.

I -personally- also agree with one of the NFL.com analysts who says that Matt Ryan isn't worth a top 5 pick. I wouldn't be surprised if he DOES go there, but I don't think he's anywhere NEAR worth it.

Gholston will probably shoot up the boards after everyone sees him because he's a physical freak. . . He might end up with the Raiders, or even higher.

And last I checked, Cason hadn't improved his stock much, so I don't think he'll be anywhere near that high.

fenikz
02-22-2008, 01:48 PM
you failed to address the Cardinals biggest need in a CB. Harvey is great in the 1st but in the 2nd give us Flowers. and then in the 3rd a RB like Forte

defensiveback23
02-22-2008, 02:55 PM
The Chargers do not need an ILB, I would be surprised if the drafted one at all this year. Both first year starters, Cooper and Wilhelm, played very well and have been signed longterm. Behind them are Brandon Siler and Anthony Waters who the team is very high on. Their biggest needs are DB and RT. Rodgers-Cromartie would be an excellent selection at 27 for the Chargers.

Cashmoney
02-22-2008, 03:11 PM
The Titans already have a Limas Sweed in Justin Gage. Also, if people insist on continuing to give him to the titans, can I at least get an original explanation besides, "Sweed already played with young at Texas so they already have good chemistry."
CB is a need but DL, OG, and maybe even ILB are probably bigger needs.
Good 3rd rounder.

dabears10
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Wait, you think McNabb is worth a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd rounder as well as a 2nd next year? That is ridiculous. I would be furious as a Bears fan mortgaging our draft for a aging, oft injured qb.

doodlebuglc24
02-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Keep em coming...

The Bengals really lost out when Jenkins and Lauranitis decided not to come out...they could have stayed put and got Ellis or Lauranitis and been very happy.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Great Raven draft, you address 2 big needs at QB and CB.

wicket
02-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I can't see rivers falling this deep, a team must have been tempted and otherwise the giants of someone would jump up between 20 and 25 I think

Crazy_Chris
02-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Vikings - DeSean Jackson. They need to get some playmakers other than AP on that offense. Sidney Rice looks like he can be something special but he can't do it alone. Jackson gives them a homerun guy who also significantly upgrades their return game.

Brad Childress doesn't value WR's very highly in round 1. With a deep class such as this there is good value at WR to be had in round 2 or even round 3. On the flipside of the DE isn't a very deep class and it's also a much more important position considering the Vikings run a Tampa Two scheme on defense. Calais Campbell would be the pick at #17 in this situation.

Vikings - Tracy Porter. Pretty simple logic here. The Vikings need a CB who can push for time early and Porter is the best CB left on the board.

The Vikings don't need another CB. Look for them to addres TE or WR here.

Vikings - Thomas DeCoud. Darren Sharper can't play forever and Mike Doss hasn't lived up to the hype. DeCoud is a playmaker.

I'm personally not crazy about decoud but he is alright.

Vikings - Erik Ainge. Even if they still have confidence that Jackson can be the man, it wouldn't hurt to have a guy like Ainge waiting in the wings.

It's an okay pick position wise, but I'll take both Joe Flacco, and John David Booty over Erik Ainge.

thebow305
02-22-2008, 10:43 PM
its a decent phins mock, just a few different picks i'd rather see though. I would love that trade, but I'd rather have Otah than Williams for an OT, then i'd rather take Rivers because I'm not a huge fan of Talib and don't think he's a 1st rounder. Rivers probably fall that far though. Balmer is a nice pick, but Goff is a terrible value there in the 2nd, so give us Justin King there instead. And while Schuening is not a bad pick, if John Carlson was there I would take him IN A SECOND!

In a summary, our draft should look more like this (according to how your draft panned out):

First Round:
Jeff Otah
Keith Rivers

Second Round:
Kentwan Balmer
Justin King

Third Round:
John Carlson

The Legend
02-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Tight End & Offensive Line before Safety
maybe even defensive line before Safety