PDA

View Full Version : Chargers attempting to trade Lorenzo Neal

Bills2083
02-22-2008, 08:37 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080222-9999-1s22chnotes.html

NFLCommander
02-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know how effective that strategy is considering Lorenzo Neal is almost 40.

defensiveback23
02-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Its extremely hard to imagine the Chargers without Lo Neal. What he's meant to this team on and off the field is immeasurable. I have faith in Pinnock, but he'll never consistently lay down quality blocks the way we are used to from Neal. When it comes down to it though, Neal can't block like he used to because he clearly lost a step this season. Pinnock adds more versatility to the position and is very talented when compared to other FBs.

Thunder&Lightning
02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Its extremely hard to imagine the Chargers without Lo Neal. What he's meant to this team on and off the field is immeasurable. I have faith in Pinnock, but he'll never consistently lay down quality blocks the way we are used to from Neal. When it comes down to it though, Neal can't block like he used to because he clearly lost a step this season. Pinnock adds more versatility to the position and is very talented when compared to other FBs.

couldnt agree more. Neal has obviously lost a step and will in the next years. Pinnock is the future of the chargers Fb position neal could help him develope. If the chargers do deal neal...Thanks Neal.

KRS1
02-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't think of this as a Pinnock vs. Neal or Neal has lost a step or anything like that. The issue is that Norv Turner's offense doesn't feature a fullback. Lo Neal makes too much money and is still too good of a player to sit on the bench. It benefits both parties if he was on a different team. Expect to see more single back sets any more use of a hybrid h-back type.

defensiveback23
02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Don't think of this as a Pinnock vs. Neal or Neal has lost a step or anything like that. The issue is that Norv Turner's offense doesn't feature a fullback. Lo Neal makes too much money and is still too good of a player to sit on the bench. It benefits both parties if he was on a different team. Expect to see more single back sets any more use of a hybrid h-back type.

I think you're correct, but I don't think its a salary move. The UT reported that Neal asked to be cut after hearing he would have a limited role with the offense evolving. He would have been kept around if he could deal with a very limited amount of PT. I think the offensive change comes down to us just having too many weapons in the passing game and needing to get them onto the field.

Average OT LB
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
He's Just been released.. so much for trading him

Thunder&Lightning
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Sad day for me. he has been one of the cornerstones for the chargers for the past years. Chargers will miss him, Fans will miss him, LT will miss him. ;(