PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Hobbs

Shahin
02-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey, im just interested in what you guys can tell me about your second corner, Ellis Hobbs. Do you guys like him? Dislike him? Is he a good corner? Why, why not? Etc

Thanks folks

Jay
02-23-2008, 07:51 PM
He'd be better as a nickel, but he can usually hold his own. Not great, not horrible. Fast. Small. Total warrior. Played with a sports hernia and torn labrum in his shoulder in the Super Bowl...

Billingsley26
02-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I liked him, I thought he has more than held his own for the past 2 years or so. He has contained several top WR over the years. I like him, but definately not #1 worthy.

Bigburt63
02-25-2008, 07:32 AM
I agree, not a number 1, but a good servicable #2 guy. He plays bigger than he is, and although he is gonna get trashed for the super bowl, he had a decent game IMO, and had a pretty good year last year. tough to be opposite asante samuel, your gonna get thrown at alot

Bostonsportlova
03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I think he will develop into a nice #2 corner. Right now hes a little too young. Hes a playmaker and fast. He has a lot of potential.

Shahin
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM
How'd Hobbs play this past season?

Matthew Jones
02-07-2009, 02:56 PM
He gave up like eight touchdowns and had some more nagging injuries that he played through. However, he did a decent job considering he's really not cut out to be a #1 and going against guys like Vincent Jackson, etc. is really not his strong suit, since wide receivers at times had 8-9" on him. He plays bigger than he is, and he's physical, and decent in coverage. Amazing kick returner too.

Shahin
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
He gave up like eight touchdowns and had some more nagging injuries that he played through. However, he did a decent job considering he's really not cut out to be a #1 and going against guys like Vincent Jackson, etc. is really not his strong suit, since wide receivers at times had 8-9" on him. He plays bigger than he is, and he's physical, and decent in coverage. Amazing kick returner too.

Yeah, I think he's best suited as a #2 guy. Are you guys going to draft a corner you think?

Matthew Jones
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Maybe at some point but New England has a history of drafting corners in round 2-4 more often (Samuel, Hobbs, Eugene Wilson, Wheatley, Wilhite, etc.) and that's probably more the range they'd look at one in. They have some nice young guys right now so I think they're more likely to pick up some scrap heap corners like they do every year. I doubt they'd go after Asomugha or someone because they'd have to spend a lot of money and if they weren't willing to pay Asante last year, they won't do it with an outside guy.

ElectricEye
02-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I really don't like Hobbs that much...as a 2 or 1 type guy. As a nickel he looked great and looked like he had some serious potential. That happens with a lot of guys though. I really think we need to solidify our secondary situation, preferably with our second round picks and through smart free agent pickups.

proshoota25
02-08-2009, 12:11 AM
like him as a kick returner and nickel, but thats it.....

AntoinCD
02-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Hobbs is an average at best #2 CB and an above average KR. I think I just close my eyes any time a WR over 6'2 goes against him because its over before it starts

Bostonsportlova
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I still believe he is a solid number 2, but not a number 1 corner. he brings more to the table than just a cornerback, because of his return ability. the pats need a legit number 1 corner to play opposite hobbs.

nepg
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I love Hobbs. He had to deal with a much greater work-load from poor safety play to lack of effectiveness on the other side of the field... I could see him getting to a much higher level of play next year with an improved secondary around him in 2009.
________
VAPORIZER INFO (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

FlyingElvis
02-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Ellis is a solid "system" type player. He does his job well and is certainly not a liability. But he's no Ty Law, either.

Don Vito
02-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Once we get a legit #1 and even a #2 that could push Ellis to the nickel, we will see how good he can be. He is not a #1 corner, but he is a playmaker with great speed who could be a superb nickel guy with great KR ability. We need to take a corner in the first 2 rounds this year and it isn't even debatable in my opinon. If we get a few solid young guys (Alphonso Smith would be great) and Wheatley/Wilhite develop, we could be in very good shape at corner with Hobbs as a nickel guy.

nepg
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
No one in this draft is pushing Hobbs down in the depth chart, and there are only a few teams on which he'd be less than the #2 guy. He's really developed into a damn good corner, he just needs some safety help and someone to step up on the other side.

Wilhite looked good late in the year. Whoever the Pats draft is going to have a hard time unseating him if they can get past Wheatley on the depth chart. There are a lot of good corners in the draft, but no one special (opposed to 2008, when the first round was loaded with special corners).

Safety help, and having healthy linebacker will be key to the corners' success this year.
________
Easy Vape Herbal Vaporizer Instructions (http://www.vaporizers.net/)