PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Vilma

truth393
02-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Coach Rod Marinelli acknowledged at the NFL Combine that the Lions have interest in Jonathan Vilma.

The Jets have given Vilma, 25, permission to seek a trade. "He's a heck of a player," Marinelli said. Vilma would likely work well as a middle linebacker in Marinell's Tampa 2 scheme

That is great news for the Lions. Just imagine E.Sims and Vilma playing along side it other. That's scary for opposing teams.

Scotty D
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
If you could post a link that would be great.

Anyways this is good news. Now I've heard that Shaun Rogers value is anyway from a fourth rounder to a second rounder. If its more towards a fourth rounder then we should really explore a Rogers-Vilma swap. I've heard it would only take a third to get Vilma here and if thats true we should do it. Yesterday.

If we acquire Vilma for our third rounder then I would want a draft like this.

1st - Harvey, Campbell, Merling
2nd -Charles Godfrey, Porter, Flowers

Addict
02-24-2008, 02:21 PM
If you could post a link that would be great.

Anyways this is good news. Now I've heard that Shaun Rogers value is anyway from a fourth rounder to a second rounder. If its more towards a fourth rounder then we should really explore a Rogers-Vilma swap. I've heard it would only take a third to get Vilma here and if thats true we should do it. Yesterday.

If we acquire Vilma for our third rounder then I would want a draft like this.

1st - Harvey, Campbell, Merling
2nd -Charles Godfrey, Porter, Flowers

Assuming we still trade roy for a late first, with Vilma in te fold,

1a. Mendenhall
1b. Flowers
2. OL or DE

TacticaLion
02-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Grr... Vilma scares me. A serious knee condition that accelerates the wear and breakdown of particles in the knee? I'd rather not.

If he's healthy, he's a stud... but, if he's not, it's a waste.

If we take him, I'd like them to take Harvey in round 1 and ideal Cover 2 CB in round 2.

truth393
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Profootballtalk.com reports that the Lions are the current favorites to land Jonathan Vilma.

He would fit beautifully into their defense, who has desperately looking for a middle linebacker all decade. Any deal for Vilma will depend on a physical. He is coming off a serious knee surgery

Newbs24
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
I think Vilma still has a lot of ball left in him and would be a great addition for the Lions. They would still have to go DE/CB/OT in the first 2 rounds though unless someone drops where they could pick them up in a later round. If we can get Vilma for a 3rd I would do it.

wingboy2999
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
So... we get Vilma for a 3rd AND then trade Rogers for a 2nd? Is that what we are thinking?

Brothgar
02-26-2008, 09:53 PM
So... we get Vilma for a 3rd AND then trade Rogers for a 2nd? Is that what we are thinking?

Although I'd be exstatic with that turn of events does anyone believe that Matt Millen can land that trade?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/bawanaal/millenthinkingREALhard.jpg

Why are you looking at me like that? I'm not cake nor am I a draft pick... I have no fear of you.

Scotty D
02-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing that Rogers goes for a third, and we get Vilma for a third.

The Legend
02-27-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm guessing that Rogers goes for a third, and we get Vilma for a third.

i think you guys would have to give up a 2nd round, i would think the saints would give up a 3rd and theres better then yours even the bears to replace Briggs

detroit4life
02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
this could be a rogers vilma swap straight up

detroit4life
02-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I remember Millen being very high of Vilma the year he was drafted. I dont have a link for that or anything but i remeber at the time that vilma was high on our big board