http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4402

Discuss

i think its good, but pls show us 2 TEs sets

pellepelle_10
02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4402

Discuss

i think its good, but pls show us 2 TEs sets

I couldn't agree more Renji. We have a VERY GOOD TE tandem. I think despite the questions at WR we have 2 safe bets at TE to throw to.

toonsterwu
02-24-2008, 03:13 PM
solid move ... but surprised me. well, i'm hoping they develop mines and one day we can stop carrying john gilmore, who i'm not a huge fan of carrying.

Smokey Joe
02-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Gilmore is a fine 3rd TE and excels at blocking... plus, he's a very good special teamer. I see no reason to not be fond of him as the 3rd TE.

iowatreat54
02-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm really happy we resigned him...I really wish we would make Olsen our #1 TE though, but like Renji said also use 2 TE sets more...either way, bringing Clark back is never a bad thing seeing as he is very reliable and fans really like him

bearsfan_51
02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Gilmore is a FA anyway. I think it's 50/50 that he even comes back. I hope he does though, Toonster is letting his UVA bias get the best of him.;)

Anyway, I like the move, I was actually thinking that it was more of a possibility than some fans were thinking, as Des is probably fine with the role he has now.

Gay Ork Wang
02-24-2008, 03:35 PM
TEs and Hester are prolly the only bright spot on this offense (maybe BB and Bradley)

BeerBaron
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
two TE's, a brought back berrian, and bradley/hester on the other side would be sicktastic

sadly, itll probably be wasted in turners power running, get a FB in there system....

plus wed need a better one cut runner. thats certainly not benson. he couldnt run with a FB opening holes up for him

bearsfan_51
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know why people think Turner runs a conservative offense. Just watch the Bears play, it's nothing of the sort.

awfullyquiet
02-25-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't know why people think Turner runs a conservative offense. Just watch the Bears play, it's nothing of the sort.

not a conservative passing game.
a conservative running game.

run > pass = conservative.

we tend to keep it between the tackles and aggressively attack the front 7 during the run (but it doesnt happen, as much as it theoretically should), we haven't had real 'home run'-able threat (as much as i hate that term) in the running game in years. benson's longest was maybe 25? once?

we only are aggressive when we throw, and if we don't throw because no one has faith in grossman, we're not playing our offense.

*le sigh*

bearsfan_51
02-25-2008, 01:19 AM
2007 season-

Running attempts- 423
Passing attempts- 569

2006 season-

Running attempts- 503
Passing attempts- 516

Sure about that?

sweetness34
02-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Turner runs a predictable offense IMO. With Rex in there it's anything but conservative though as we do go down field a lot.

But this year (and maybe it's the lack of OL personnel) but it seemed like we had no imagination with our run game, unless you call running Hester on a reverse innovative. We didn't do any counters, hardly any draws....Basically we just either ran Cedric right, or up the gut. And at some points we ran the same freakin' running play twice in a row on numerous occasions.

We did have a pretty good offense the year though before this past one so I really don't know what's going on. Again maybe it's personnel that's the problem but Turner did not impress me at all this year with his calls.