PDA

View Full Version : Full Seven Rounder

SmarterThanU
02-24-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/9487/Review.aspx

Bills2083
02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Can you please explain the Bills choice of Chris Williams?

the_legend_killer
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Vikings Mock:
1. Derrick Harvey- I like the pick, he's certainly needed and could fill a big need.
2. Early Doucet- Good pick, he's the kind of player I'd like to have on the Vikings
3. Erik Ainge- Could be better, but could be worse too. I do like Ainge as a player, though.
3. Jonathon Hefney- Fills a need and could be a contributor
4. Marcus Howard- Not bad
5. Terrance Wheatley- Could be a ST/Dime Backer.
6. Peter Graniello- Not bad, could add depth
7. Ace Bowen- Don't know anything about him, but I'm not going to complain on a 7th round pick.

Overall it's a decent Vikes mock.

neko4
02-24-2008, 06:13 PM
bad packers draft, nice first, but then we dont really need a TE or OG that early. And we dont need a WR at all. We have Rodgers at QB and Nall a former Favre backup

Caddy
02-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Reggie Smith - Why?

Xavier Adibi - Yet again, Why?

Ray Rice - Close to another Why?

Eddie Royal - Best pick so far.

Mike Pollak - Nice pick.

Robert Killerbrew - Terrible..

Tyler Polumbus - Not bad for a 7th.

Overall; one crappy Buc mock.

BaLLiN
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
After I saw Cherilus at Combine, i'll pass at 31, he plays too high and we're not changing one whole side of our O-Line for a rookie LT who should be a RT.

DeMario Pressley, Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round. He's a good player, but not worth 2nd.

Bruce Davis was a DE in college right? Yea, no thanks, we already have a good 1st rounder who is good at Blitzing (which is what we need for our scheme) and just needs to improve on coverage and reads. Already making the transition for a year (and we have good depth behind him so don't play that card).

I really don't know this Steve Justice, but I don't understand a C pick when we have O'Hara and Ruegamer who both played good in the playoffs.

Trae (its actually Trey) Brown, so finally we address a DB need. He's not bad for a 6th rounder, has a good amount of interceptions, tackles, and PBU. But i haven't seen much of him, and i can't really evalutate him.

Roger Williams, played at FSU and was average. I'd much rather have Bobbie Williams from Bethune-Cookman, and I doubt we address safety this late too.

All in all, this draft would get an F or a D+ because you only gave us depth in places we need help, you didnt address positions we need the most first, and you gave us bad value.

BaLLiN
02-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Is this supposed to be a joke though, or are you just clicking what the player value or computer selection tells you to do? (kindof like ask madden, it tells you who you should pick)

regoob2
02-24-2008, 06:41 PM
I never understand why people do a 7 round mock......but anyway Mendenhall is a possibility and a good back. I'd be really pissed personally if we passed on Nicks and took Henne, ya I know we need a qb. I forgot the rest so yah.

T-RICH49
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
For KC:

Round 1. Jake Long - PERFECT
Round 2. Brandon Flowers - too many character issues would rather address the OL again and get Albert
Round 3. Devin Thomas - LOVE this pick
Round 4. Frank Okam - AWESOME
Round 5. we have Miami's 5th so Felton or Tevenga with that pick and Chevis Jackson with our original
Round 6. Dennis Dixon - NO!!since somehow he is still on the board give us Curtis Lofton and btw we have TB's 6th as well
Round 7. Marty Tadman - no.Owen Schmitt or Ikegwounu much better picks and we have NYG's 7th as well

proshoota25
02-24-2008, 06:46 PM
i love the patriots draft, except the fact that you have a QB going to them in the 3rd round... i agree a developmental backup is needed, but not so early in the draft such as the 3rd round... id say 6th or 7th round

vidae
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Round 1: Jake Long - Great pick, exactly what we want.

Round 2: Meh, not so hot on this. Branden Albert here please.

Round 3: Devin Thomas: Good good pick. Would be happy to see him in the 3rd.

Round 4: Okam is a solid pick there.

Round 5: Another solid pick. OL depth is not something a Chiefs fan will ***** about. :p

Round 6: Dixon? No thanks. Don't understand that pick. QB is not a major concern, and if it was I would hope we take a QB earlier than this to get someone we can really build around if that's the direction we go.

Round 7: This pick is just okay for me. Meh.

Good overall Chiefs mock. Give us Albert in the 2nd! :)

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-24-2008, 07:04 PM
ok Oakland draft.

scottyboy
02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Justice and Brown were really the only good picks for the G-Men, and Brown wouldn't be if the Giants had adressed DB within the 1st 3 rounds(should be 1st 2...)

Justice is good. Like his potential. Ruegame and O'Hara aren't spring chickens, and in the 5th, it's pretty good value

DiG
02-24-2008, 07:49 PM
until Kelly does his workout I personally am going to put Sweed ahead of him on my board. I also would prefer Leosid, DRC, or Balmer over Kelly or Sweed for that matter in rd 1.

in rd 2 i think that jason jones is a stretch. theres a good chance he is even available for the redskins in rd 3 as he doesnt really fit the scheme for a lot of teams. and if he does go off the board there are a few guys of similar value that would be available. lets just say if the skins passed on Albert, or Chilo in rd 2 the entire fan base would call for someones head on a stick.

fyi, the skins dont need a FS so toss the demps pick in rd 3. landry is our franchise FS for many years to come. Reed Doughty is legit at SS until he proves otherwise. the skins have a much bigger need at CB than at safety.

in rd 5 id much much rather have a fb or olineman than a te. sellers is getting up there in age and his contract is up next year.

skinzzfan25
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
This skins mock is terrible...

jdb1972
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
The Panthers are perfectly well set at QB with Delhomme and Moore. They also have another guy under contract (Basanez). At most, they'll sign a veteran free agent or keep David Carr around to fight for a job in training camp.

Bowman checked in more than an inch shorter than listed and then clocked an almost 4.7 40. He won't go in the first day, and certainly not to Carolina.

Go_Eagles77
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Not a fan of the eagles mock. You did alright though considering the multiple of picks you had to make.

Matthew Jones
02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't be too unhappy with that Patriots draft.

Joeyjr09
02-24-2008, 09:20 PM
I have to say this is a horrible mock for the Dolphins. Not a single player fits our scheme at all. Not in the least. In fact, they are almost the exact opposite of what we would need.

1- Matt Ryan: There have been dozens of reports that the Dolphins like Matt Ryan, but don't LOVE Matt Ryan and that they are overblowing their interest in him to get the Falcons to bite on a trade. Jake Long and Chris Long are the frontrunners with Vernon Gholston a dark horse.

2a- Lawrence Jackson: Is this a joke. He is way too slow and weak to play the 3-4 OLB position and way too skinny and lanky to play the DE in the 3-4. He is a 100 percent ideal 4-3 DE but in no way shape or form fits the Dolphins 3-4 defense, especially because Parcells likes having 300 pounders up front. Branden Albert in that spot please. We don't have a single OG on the roster and Albert mite be the best in the entire draft.

2b- Heath Benedict: Way too big a reach here. There is better talent on the board. OT is a need but Nicks if a better option at OT and Tracey Porter would be welcome as we really need to upgrade the CBs.

3- Trevor Laws: Again there's much better talent on the board then Laws. He is a 4-3 Defender and we run the 3-4. Maybe Laws can move to 3-4 DE but it's not the best use of his value IMO. He's not stout enought to handle that job. Devin Thomas would be welcome as a compliment to Ginn but the best pick would be Erin Henderson who could move inside to help replace the departed Zach Thomas.

4- Terrell Thomas: Not a bad pick. Certainly the best one of the draft that you made for us. But again you left better talent on the board and at a much, much bigger position of need. A 3-4 NT is by far our most glaring hole on the entire team. Ahytba Rubin is the best 3-4 NT in the entire draft and he would be a steal in round 4. He abolutely has to be the pick if he's there and I would have no problem taking him in the late 2nd or early 3rd.

6- Brennen Cravalho: At this point OL depth would be fine but wow you have some really really good prospects dropping into the 6th round and Cravalho isn't one of them. Any of Slaton, Zuttah, Lofton, Mayo, Blake, Fluellen would be better picks based on value alot. They aren't perfect fits but we can find a role for their kind of talent this late in the game tho. However the pick at this spot has to be Jordy Nelson. We need a big WR and he has great value here.

7-Brad Cottam: We already have 2/3 TEs on the roster better then Cottam. We are trying to upgrade the position, not bring in a guy that is gonna do the same as what we alreayd got. If we go TE it will be early, not in round 7. Give us OL or Dl depth here. OG Chris McDuffie would be great.

Overall the Dolphins draft should look like this:

1- Chris Long, OLB or Jake Long, OT
2a-Branden Albert, OL
2b-Tracey Porter, CB
3-Erin Henderson, ILB
4-Ahytba Rubin, NT
6- Jordy Nelson, WR
7- Chris McDuffie, OG

Sniper
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
STOP GIVING THE EAGLES DESEAN MOTHER ******* JACKSON! If you're going to have Malcolm Kelly available and you so badly want to give the Eagles a wideout, GIVE THEM KELLY!

Good God I skimmed through the rest of the Eagles draft...Do you hate the Eagles?

iowatreat54
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
wait, please explain to me why in 7 rounds and 8 picks, we draft one OL and he was our 4th pick at that...OL is our biggest need and is pretty much known that we will take one with our 1st or 2nd pick and take at least 2 in this draft (an OT and OG most likely, unless we sign Faneca)...not only that, Henne 2nd and 2 OLBs when we already have two young OLBs we really like and are prepared to potentially step in for Briggs

this mock seems a little old as it has Woodson at 13 when it's pretty accepted that he is 2nd round, high 1st at the most right now

Yung Flippa
02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Baltimore Draft:
Round 1: Personally HATE the pick. Rather have McKelvin or Keith Rivers
Round 2: GREAT pick.
Round 4: Not really a fan of taking a wideout, we're set with Clayton-Williams-Darling-(And maybe Bryant Johnson), I'd rather have Dwight Lowery for some depth.
Round 5: Okay pick.
Round 6: Rather have J Leaman or Cody Wallace
Round 7: Ravens without a doubt take the risk of picking Jack Ikegwuonu in ROUND 7!

Yung Flippa
02-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Houston Draft:
Round 1: Good pick.
Round 3: Good pick.
Round 4: Rather take Kevin Smith or Justin King.
Round 5: Zack Bowman would be a better pick.
Round 6: Okay pick.
Round 7: Questionable pick, rather have Justin Forsett or Owen Schmitt.

Fogartynyy2789
02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Anthony Morelli as Mr. Irrel. going to my fav team, idc what else is there I love it.

thebow305
02-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow..... easily the worst Dolphins mock I have EVER seen!

Not one damn pick made ANY sense!

....must be a Pats fan.

D-Rod
02-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Pretty decent draft for the Falcons. In fact, the first three picks are almost perfect: Ellis, Flacco, Collins. Gets a little hazy after that, but still solid.

Shane P. Hallam
02-25-2008, 06:53 PM
If the Steelers somehow got Otah and Albert, man, I'd be in heaven. Won't happen.

Crable I don't quite understand in the 3rd. Just not as huge a need, but I won't bash ya for it. I guess it COULD happen.

Langford is a good value pick in the 4th, though he'd only be for depth. Can't complain.

Forte is great value, I'd take him in the 5th.

Jordy in the 6th? I'll def. take him as a slot WR.

Overall, pretty good in terms of value for us. We didn't really address the secondary, but hey, I can't complain.

BigJohn98
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
If the Jaguars take Mario Manningham in the first round, I will cry. Especially if Quentin Groves is there.

hugegmenfan
02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Giants Draft
Round 1- Eh, Not loving it- would rather have Flowers or Cason
Round 2- ERIN HENDERSON

vidae
02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
1- Chris Long, OLB or Jake Long, OT
2a-Branden Albert, OL

Hey, that's the Chiefs draft! Back off!

Cashmoney
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Thats an OK titans draft. At least its differnet.

BeerBaron
02-25-2008, 10:16 PM
great on mendenhall.

not so high on henne...id prefer this pick be an OT who can contribute right away on the right side. someone like nicks or collins if available would be real nice....

bell.....nah. LB isnt a high round need for the bears. the coaching staff is real high on jamar williams as a briggs replacement and okwo was selected in the 3rd round last year. i think the only way we go LB is if its in the late round as a guy who can backup urlacher or hillenmeyer in the middle or strong side

greco, i like him, i like his size and potential. but i dont know if he could step in right away like we need. since you had us pass on one earlier for henne, i can see this here but i think OT needs to be addressed in the first 2 rounds for sure.

the griffin pick is ok. i think hes good value there at least and JA has done really well finding great defensive talent in the late rounds (vasher, anderson, brown)

5th....a CB, not really a need but after round 4 i really stop caring about need since its unlikely players that late will contribute immediatly anyway

6th...mayo, another LB? thats too many LBs to try and take into the season IMO

DE...yeah, idc. its a 7th rounder, sure.

alright bears draft, not ideal but decent enough i guess

Thunder&Lightning
02-26-2008, 06:51 AM
good sd pick still a fan of cherilus over balmer if smith isnt available...