PDA

View Full Version : What is your Man Crush draft?

Brothgar
02-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Everyone has at least one man crush in each draft. This year I think I have one per round. I'd like to know who is your man crush draft. Also known as the no way this happens it would make me too happy draft.

Seattle Seahawks trade #25 and second rounder to Detroit

Round 1: Gosder Cherilus OT I think that this guy is going to be the best OT that is available at 15 the Pedigree of BC O-Linemen. I think he will make a great RT.

Denver trades 2nd round pick and CB Foxworth for Rogers

Round 2a: Antoin Cason CB

Round 2b: Chris Johnson RB The guy has speed and a lot of it he is a monster in the Return game and is the perfect complement to TJ Duckett.

Round 2c: Traded to Denver for Elvis Dummervil: I knew from 3 months before the draft in 2006 that this kid was special. I think he is one of if not the best young pass rusher that won't cost us a 1st round pick AND he also plays ILB that's a total win.

Round 3: Johnathan Goff ILB I had cooled on this guy before the combine but now I'm back to thinking he'd be the perfect Lion although I personally think that we should wait for Laurenitis but I think this kid could be a steal of the draft.

Round 4: Chevis Jackson CB Yeah I know Millen has said "We want more speed!!!" so I'm 100% sure that Jackson is not going to be drafted by the Lions. That said Millen ain't GM anymore Broth223 is so fudge him!

Round 5: Owen Schmitt FB Old school style FB I like those kinds of fullbacks. A position that I find very under rated when you look at every great RB in the league they all have a good/great FB and a good/great OG. Put the two together you have a running game.

Round 6: Brandon Coutu K - Hanson is likely to be retired after next season. I can't see him coming back so the last player that was around the same time as Berry is gone.

Round 7: Jack Ikegwuonu With his injury he'll fall strait through the draft. It can't hurt to throw this 7th round pick at him and hope he gets better. What else are we going to use i for?

TacticaLion
02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I wont do a draft, but I love two players... a lot: Trevor Laws and Tavares Gooden. Laws, IMO, is going to be a stud. Watching him work at the Combine... looking at his college numbers... just a stud. I think Gooden will be a great player.

wingboy2999
02-26-2008, 04:30 PM
You forgot about Connor.

And Adict wants Mendenhall.

[/thread]

WMD
02-26-2008, 04:32 PM
DID SOMEBODY SAY MAN CRUSH?!?!?!?!

http://newnfldraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/calaiscampbell250_0707.jpg

Oh baby!

wingboy2999
02-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh yeah... whoops. Missed one.

Bootland27
02-26-2008, 04:53 PM
A tie between

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/mark_beech/10/05/oregon/p1_stewart_1005.jpg
http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2007/10-14/usc14ckfm_400.jpg

Scotty D
02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Talib is the guy I want.

Addict
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
You forgot about Connor.

And Adict wants Mendenhall.

[/thread]

You know me so well.

Oh I'm falling for Flowers, damn that kid's got skills.

TacticaLion
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah... Flowers and Connor are on my list as well. But... Laws. LAWS! It's almost Jaws!

JAWS!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/jenleigh120402/TJaws.jpg

The Detroit Lions' Present... the Shark and the Snakecharmer!

Yeah... random.

wingboy2999
02-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah... Flowers and Connor are on my list as well. But... Laws. LAWS! It's almost Jaws!

JAWS!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f67/jenleigh120402/TJaws.jpg

The Detroit Lions' Present... the Shark and the Snakecharmer!

Yeah... random.

Omg... choke on something.

TacticaLion
02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Omg... choke on something.Not my fault... I didn't name him.

wingboy2999
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
You named him Jaws. I wouldn't tell you to choke on something if you just went "Yo... that dude's name is Laws".

LonghornsLegend
02-27-2008, 01:38 AM
sorry guys wrong thread :(

Xiomera
02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
sorry guys wrong thread :(

Oh come one. Join in the fun.

Admit to your man crush on Mike Dragosavich.

TacticaLion
02-27-2008, 11:33 AM
You named him Jaws. I wouldn't tell you to choke on something if you just went "Yo... that dude's name is Laws".
I would try to explain, but it wont work. Instead, I'll just move on.

Some things over the internet get confusing. I understand.

P-L
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Some guys I really, really like:

RB Rashard Mendenhall
TE Martellus Bennett
OT Jake Long
OT Chris Williams
DE Derrick Harvey
DE Titus Brown
LB J Leman
LB Philip Wheeler
CB Brandon Flowers
CB Antoine Cason

WMD
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Some guys I really, really like:

RB Rashard Mendenhall
TE Martellus Bennett
OT Jake Long
OT Chris Williams
DE Derrick Harvey
DE Titus Brown
LB J Leman
LB Philip Wheeler
CB Brandon Flowers
CB Antoine Cason

Agreed on Chris Williams and Brandon Flowers. Also add in Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers, and Curtis Lofton.

GermanSaint
02-28-2008, 09:57 AM
matt forte , sedrick ellis, jerrod mayo

wingboy2999
02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh yeah... I love me some Curtis Lofton.

ironman4579
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
My man crush for the draft? By my sig, it's obviously Shawn Crable. Not for us necessarily, although we could use a SAM, but just overall I love the guy.

wingboy2999
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
It has been said we may look at him. I've read articles on Freep or mlive that we are looking at him and he has dropped to the 5th-7th round.

ironman4579
02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
If he's being looked at as a DE, I can certainly see the drop. Playing him as a full time DE would be a complete waste IMO. If he was used as a SAM on a team that liked to blitz, and maybe slide down to DE on 3rd down from time to time, I think he could be very effective. As a LB, I still think he's in that 3rd to 5th round range. But I have no idea what his shuttle and 3 cone times were, so if they were bad, I could see him dropping. Personally, he's still way behind Rivers and Connor at OLB, but I think a case could be made for him as the 3rd guy at that position.

Scotty D
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah similar to how Seattle uses Julian Peterson.

ironman4579
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah similar to how Seattle uses Julian Peterson.

Yea, I always thought that was the best comp for Crable, except I agree with what Paranoidmoonduck said in another thread, that Peterson is probably more "sudden" than Crable. nfl.com's comp is Shaun Phillips, which I found a little odd, but they think Crable has the frame to carry 260 lbs. Another site I saw had Manny Lawson as a comp, another one I wasn't sure about.

Iamcanadian
02-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Here's my list.

Harvey DE - a definite need position
Groves DE - if Harvey's gone
Flowers CB - perfect Cover 2 CB
Mayo MLB - We certainly need a MLB
Connors MLB - Ditto but I doubt he lasts till #15
Rivers OLB - LB's are a need but he'll be gone.
Mendenhall RB - I'm not at all sold on Duckett as a #1 RB and Jones is injured again
Woodson QB - I'm not sold on Stanton and Woodson could be a nice pickup although it will never happen.

My perfect draft:

1) Harvey DE
2(a) Flowers CB
2(b)(Millen seems willing to make trades for extra 2nd rounders) Mayo MLB
3) Kevin Smith RB

TacticaLion
02-29-2008, 05:08 AM
Here's my list.

Harvey DE - a definite need position
Groves DE - if Harvey's gone
Flowers CB - perfect Cover 2 CB
Mayo MLB - We certainly need a MLB
Connors MLB - Ditto but I doubt he lasts till #15
Rivers OLB - LB's are a need but he'll be gone.
Mendenhall RB - I'm not at all sold on Duckett as a #1 RB and Jones is injured again
Woodson QB - I'm not sold on Stanton and Woodson could be a nice pickup although it will never happen.

My perfect draft:

1) Harvey DE
2(a) Flowers CB
2(b)(Millen seems willing to make trades for extra 2nd rounders) Mayo MLB
3) Kevin Smith RB
Would love that draft...