PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh

OSUGiants17
02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
read this.
Gibril (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/41231)
apparently, the he might go to the Eagles

BaLLiN
02-26-2008, 07:04 PM
We need to resign Gibril, this should without a doubt be our top priority, even before trading for Hall.

NYGibril28
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Giants | G. Wilson might not return to team
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:26:50 -0800

Mike Garafalo, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants might not bring S Gibril Wilson back to the team. Wilson, who can become an unrestricted free agent Friday, Feb. 29, is looking for a contract that will pay him around $5 million per season. The Giants are unlikely to match what he is looking for, as they would think they are overpaying for a player who is a decent safety but not elite.

hugegmenfan
02-28-2008, 12:29 PM
there was an article in the paper today about that too- and how if we lose him erik coleman (ew) of the jets is a possible replacement

NYGibril28
02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
biased aside, I don't see how you can let a starting safety go this off-season considering the weak market at the position this year.

hugegmenfan
02-29-2008, 04:45 PM
biased aside, I don't see how you can let a starting safety go this off-season considering the weak market at the position this year.

I agree 100%. I think the Giants are becoming too cocky right now and being like "we can afford to let him go and we can have another great draft". I do not know why a) we did not franchise him or b) give him the money and years he wanted. Hes not elite but hes very good and was the glue of the safety corp. I am ver disappointed by the giants recent moves but really lack of them. We should have retained as many pieces from our championship team as possible and supplemented them with a draft.