PDA

View Full Version : post combine 7 rounder

Joeyjr09
02-27-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/joegarciajr.aspx

thebow305
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
That is a pretty amazing Phins draft. Just to nitpick a little, I would rather have Rachal than Collins, as I'm not sold on Collins as an OT in the NFL. I also wouldn't mind Martellus Bennett at that spot. That would absolutely be a dream come true to get Vernon Gholston and Kenny Phillips with the first 2 picks we have, I don't know what else to say. I love the Rubin and Steve Johnson picks as well, and Trae Williams is not bad either. Great job!

Bills2083
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
1.) Limas Sweed --- I'd be extremely mad if we passed on Keith Rivers.
2.) Fred Davis --- I dont want the Bills to go WR, then TE in the first two rounds. We have to address the D somewhere in there. Philip Wheeler and Patrick Lee are better choices here.
3.) Charles Godfrey --- Good Pick
3.) Jason Jones --- I'd rather go with Adibi here (if we went Sweed/Davis/Godrey with the previous picks)
4.) Drew Radovich --- LB and DT are arguably the top 2 needs on the team, but you still havent addressed them.
5.) Jamar Adams --- We dont need a FS. We have Ko Simpson
6.) J.R. Lemon --- Finally, a LB. But we need an OLB, not a MLB.
7.) Matt Flynn --- I'm fine with this pick.

GB12
02-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Terrible Packers mock.

Yung Flippa
02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
For Baltimore:
1) Good Pick.
2) Good Pick.
4) Okay Pick, I'd prefer Tommy Blake though.
5) Good Pick.
6) Good Pick.
7) Okay Pick.

Overall: Pretty Good Draft, I'd give it an A-

Yung Flippa
02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
For Houston:
1) Good Pick.
3) MUCH rather have Brandon Flowers.
4) Good Pick.
5) Rather have Will Franklin.
6) Okay Pick.
7) Okay Pick.

Overall, I'd give it a B-.

Patriots16-0
02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
1. Leodis McKelvin - A-
2. Tavares Gooden - A+
3a. Jamaal Charles - B+
3b. Adarious Bowman - A+++++++++++++++++++++ :)
4. Quintin Demps - B+
5. Duane Brown - B-
6. Frank Morton - never heard of this guy, but C+ for the position
7. Andrew Bain - B-

Overall: A+

Matthew Jones
02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Bad first round pick for the Pats. McKelvin is a man cover corner and we play the vast majority in zone, using people with good ball-skills. Aqib Talib in the first if you want to give us a cornerback. Otherwise, Rivers and Harvey work for me as well.

Gooden works for me. Charles works. Bowman has dropped well past the third round, someone like Kirk Barton would be nice there, but the Patriots apparently LOVE Chevis Jackson, as do I. Demps isn't terrible. Duane Brown is good value. Morton works. Seventh round, eh, whatever. I do think the Patriots will take a project QB at some point in case Brady gets injured and their season is shot to hell. Anyone who falls past where they should go.

BaLLiN
02-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Good Giants draft.

T-RICH49
02-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Would rather KC take Chevis Jackson over DeJuan Tribble.Other then that not bad

hugegmenfan
02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
i love the giants 1st round pick but everything after that is just average

BeerBaron
02-27-2008, 10:28 PM
hmm...thats a different looking bears draft to say the least i suppose. i really think OT needs addressed sooner. I dont know if richardson can step in as a starter right away like we badly need...we literally have no other worthwhile tackles other than tait

as for kelly, eh, ok. i can see the logic there. if we dont resign berrian we've got nothing proven at WR. I'm a big fan of devin thomas personally and I believe he has absolute stud potential, good blend of size and speed. he wasnt used real well for most of his college career though.....but i understand the pick at least.

now rice, alright. i can buy the logic here too. and im sure im going to offend some people with this comparison, but we just took an undersized, highly productive HB last year in the 3rd in garrett wolfe. i think if we go HB, its got to be someone who can be an every down back and push benson. im not saying that rice couldn't, i just think we'd be better off with a different option.

and then woodson, love the pick. hes my fav QB and i argue for him often on the bears forum.

then the rest of the draft, some guards, a LB and a CB...ok. i dont really look at need or anything that late, though i think thats where we pick up most of our defensive talent since angelo has been really good at finding it that late (vasher, alex brown, mark anderson)

DiG
02-27-2008, 11:32 PM
bad first round pick for the redskins. unless campbell can drop some weight and show that he cares by his pro day then i see him dropping back into late rd 1 or early rd 2. keith rivers, drc, albert, phillips, and even jackson are better picks.

thomas is good value in rd 2 but i still feel that we have to get a cb in the first two rounds and that we will get a wr in fa/draft.

why the redskins would take chad henne in rd 3 i have no idea. zorn has said that he loves campbell and that campbell is one of the main reasons he decided to come to dc. i dont care if henne is good value there we have too many other needs.

also why do you have the skins drafting another wr and another de in the later rounds?

overall skins draft = D

gdamac
02-27-2008, 11:45 PM
pretty good Raiders picks, and hats off for doing a 7 rounder. However i do have some thoughts, I would change two picks:

4th: C Steve Justice
6th: WR Adrian Arrington

although I don't think eitehr player would last that long.

JagHombre22
02-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I'll just give you my take on the Jags picks....

1) Keith Rivers...good BPA selection but I don't know if our DE pass rush need is a bigger issue...I'd be ok with it...

2) Chris Ellis...I guess he's the best available DE, but if he's the best available I would go with Andre Caldwell or another speedy receiver, Avery perhaps...or maybe a DT like Okam or Laws

3) Avery...well my last comment was made without seeing your third pick...that would be great worth to get Avery that late in the third...

4) Felton...I don't like that pick with T. Johnson still on the board...

5) Hefney...I guess it's as good of pick as we're going to get...safety is a need...

6) Moreilli...I don't know if Booty is taken but I'd prefer him over Moreilli but if Moreilli's the best available, good choice...but we no longer have a sixth...

johbur
02-28-2008, 12:53 AM
For the Packers, I don't like a DE Day 1, but that's me. Two good CBs in R2 and R3. Not sure TT would do that. I broke down his drafting patterns last season and there's only 2 years he drafted the same position twice in a row, if memory serves me correctly. R5 for a TE too late, IMO and GB does not need a MLB, they need an OLB. Nice 7th round sleeper at OG.

Good job and 7 rounders alsways get props from me.

Jakey
02-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Pretty bad Steelers draft, that would not give us enough of an upgrade to be a championship team next year...and thats what every team is aiming for. The only good pick was Branden Albert.

Caddy
02-28-2008, 06:04 AM
Kentwan Balmer: Average pick. Seems to be somewhat of a consensus at the moment so I can't blame you

Joe Flacco: Would much rather Johnson later in the draft. Better fit for the system and better value.

Brandon Flowers: AMAZING pick in the 3rd round.

Matt Forte: Nice value but I can't see the Buccaneers drafting a RB in the 4th although I won't totally dismiss the possibility.

Chase Ortiz: Decent value in the 5th although I would like an end earlier unless one is signed in free agency.

Davone Bess: Can't complain about Bess for a 7th rounder really.

Thunder&Lightning
02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
pretty good overal charger draft. Not a fan of them drafting cherilus over smith though in round 1.

ESimsfan87
02-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Not saying I have ever really liked Millen's drafts but those Lions picks are just absolutely brutal. Lions don't need a project OT like Otah if you're going with OT. Chris Williams or waiting until the 2nd or 3rd to address OT is a more sensible plan. In the first the Lions are going to be looking at defense preferably guys like CB Aqib Talib, DE Derrick Harvey, DE Calais Campbell, or CB Leodis Mckelvin. Lions are probably going to try to address defense with 4 of the first 5 picks.

BigJohn98
02-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Please explain the Rivers pick...

Yatta!
02-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Apart from the 1st round pick the Green Bay draft is pretty solid. We don't need a DE on the first day, perhaps a pass rushing guy to eventually replace KGB but not early in the draft. I would much prefer Kenny Phillips, Reggie Smith or Dan Connor. Phillips would be an absolute dream pick.

Cashmoney
02-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Colt Brennan? Wait .....what ha-happened?

Go_Eagles77
02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
First 3 rounds for the eagles are pretty good, next 4 are decent, I'd give you a solid B. Nice job.

asmitty45
03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Otah is alright in the first, I like Stewart.
Lee is ok in the second
LOVE Adibi in the 3rd

The rest are iffy, overall decent Lions draft

Bluedevil$
03-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Fortunately we don't have our 3rd round pick because I'm not a fan of Laws at all. Pretty decent Jets draft though, even though I'm not big on McFadden.

Bluedevil$
03-01-2008, 10:09 PM
BTW, is this draft what you think should happen, or what you think WILL happen? Because I highly doubt Miami goes with Gholston at #1.

Redskins4Bowl26
03-02-2008, 09:01 AM
It was a decent Redskins draft. The question is...why are we drafting a quarterback? Our first 3 picks this year will be crucial to next year. Were not gonna waste them on a 3rd string quarterback.

No 4th rounder this year for the redskins as well.

1. Calais Campbell B-
2. Devin Thomas B
3. Chad Henne D-
4. Chevis Jackson C(Could see this happening if we only had a 4th round pick)
5. Chad Rinehart A
6. Adrian Arrington B
7. Titus Brown A

Nice late round picks I think.

B-Jac27Future
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
No way he goes that high, he won´t even play in 08-09. He is going to go in the 6th round, I love what he has to offer and think once healthy he could be a great player but no one is going to use a first day pick on a player who won´t play all year.

LonghornsLegend
03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Please stop giving us Manningham in the 1st, it makes me want to throw up...he's not even first rd material, and we would much rather and more then likely sign a FA...id rather reach for a safety to weed out roy williams, a future lt, or impact d lineman at that spot instead...

Chris johnson is perfect though, makes up for it.