PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins jump into Rogers trade talks

detroit4life
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/

Starting to look like a bidding war is going to begin with 2 teams known to be in the talks already with the broncos and dolphins. It was reported that two AFC teams were strongly interested earlier in the week so maybe the dolphins are one of them but that must mean there has to be a few more teams that are interested in him. This could be very good news for us.

WMD
02-27-2008, 10:58 PM
The price for Big Baby keeps getting higher and higher as more teams jump into the sweepstakes.

wingboy2999
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmmmmm what 2 players could we get from the Fins? Or any other team for that matter?

Remember the days when we thought Rogers + 3rd for Vilma was fair?

thebow305
02-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Just a quick question: Would you guys take Jason Taylor straight up for Shaun Rogers? It seems like you guys have been searching for an Elite pass rusher for a while now. JT seems like he would give you that. What do you think?

Scotty D
02-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Just a quick question: Would you guys take Jason Taylor straight up for Shaun Rogers? It seems like you guys have been searching for an Elite pass rusher for a while now. JT seems like he would give you that. What do you think?

I think that Millen would take that deal. He is in a win now way of making personnel moves. Wow if we did that straight swap, and then got Vilma some how. Completely different defense.

thebow305
02-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I think that Millen would take that deal. He is in a win now way of making personnel moves. Wow if we did that straight swap, and then got Vilma some how. Completely different defense.

Yeah. Well to be completely honest, you guys were on your way to being a playoff team and a serious contender before that meltdown late in the season. It really looked as if Kitna's prediction of 10 wins would come true. I'm not really sure what happened to you guys as I really don't follow the Lions too much. But anyway, Taylor would be the hard-worker, and elite presence on the DL that Marinelli covets, as well as being the team leader that you guys need so much. He could change the complexity of your defense alltogether. Add in Vilma, the new signing of Dwight Smith, and a corner or two in the draft, and another solid young DT prospect to team with Redding, and this could be the makings of a very solid defense next year. Combined with the playmaking offense of Roy and Calvin, you guys might have something special. It could be one of the more surprising stories of the NFL season in '08. That way you get the elite pass rushing leader you guys need and we get the big, run-stuffing NT that Bill covets for his 3-4. IMO, you guys not only should make this trade, you NEED to.

But what do I know? This may not even be a possibility at all, I was just throwing it out there. Nice to think about though, for both sides. :)

wingboy2999
02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Taylor is getting up there in years though.

toonsterwu
02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure that a 2nd rounder will occur, but certainly, a third rounder looks more and more likely, which will be nice. It'll give the Lions flexibility, and it could let them wait on key positions like LB/CB knowing good talents will be there. A 3rd rounder and more would be nice, based upon that Kowalski article.

That said, let's not jump ahead of ourselves. What the Lions want might not be offered right now, so let's wait and see how it plays out. There's been plenty of trades where expectations were not met.

thebow305
02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Taylor is getting up there in years though.

If he is with a winning team that he feels is going somewhere and is using him right, combined with the right incentives, I could see him playing a good 3+ more years. And Shaun Rogers is 26, and 360 Lbs, how much longer will he hold up? Also, you guys really may only be a couple of big pieces away from being a real big-time contender, and with Taylor and Vilma, it may push you guys over the top. Just as long as Kitna's play does not continue to decline at all.

WMD
02-28-2008, 12:51 AM
I'd be interested in Matt Roth from the Dolphins.. Jason Taylor is great and all, but I'd rather get a younger player and a higher pick.

wingboy2999
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
If he is with a winning team that he feels is going somewhere and is using him right, combined with the right incentives, I could see him playing a good 3+ more years. And Shaun Rogers is 26, and 360 Lbs, how much longer will he hold up? Also, you guys really may only be a couple of big pieces away from being a real big-time contender, and with Taylor and Vilma, it may push you guys over the top. Just as long as Kitna's play does not continue to decline at all.

You have far more faith then I. Wanna become a Lions fan?

thebow305
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
You have far more faith then I. Wanna become a Lions fan?

Haha.... it's probably just me wanting Rogers more than anything else... thanks for the offer though! :)