PDA

View Full Version : Who's your man crush?

SmarterThanU
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Saw this on another team board. You know you got a hard on for someone in this draft if not a few. Who's your guy. Maybe you saw him in College maybe you saw him in the combine. Who's your horse that when he's out of the league in three years you'll still have his back in an agrument?

QB- Josh Johnson QB San Diego
Haven't been looking much at QB's since the Steelers aren't in need of one for about a decade. But 43 TD's to 1 INT last year and 113 TD's to 15 INT's for his college career. And runs a 4.5 sub forty. I believe he'll be goe early second round and has probably a 1 in 5 chance of being on an NFL roster in 5 years.

RB- Matt Forte RB Tulane
Dude ran for over 2,000 yard at 5.9 a crack while snagging 23 balls. He runs a sub 4.5 forty and has a nice 33 inch vertical. I think a nice compliment back to Parker.

FB- Carl Stewart FB Auburn
With a 39 inch vertical this tweener might be a nice short yardage back. His success has tappered off the last few years but still has the tools.

WR- Jordy Nelson WR Kansas St.
Loved watching him play reminds me of a white Hines Ward. Hard worker that has sneaky quickness. Saw him run away Aqib Talib for a 68 yarder against Kansas. All be it in a loss. But 10 catches for 137 yards and a score isn't shabby.

TE- Tom Santi TE Virginia
Needs to get stronger but has nice hands and is a very sneaky athlete.Runs a 4.76 forty with a 36 inch vertical.

OT- Kirk Barton OT Ohio State
More athletic than given created for and Ohio State turns out some good linemen. Maybe not a LT but probably be a good utility guy that could start at several positions and you know will leave it all out on the field.

OG- Jeremy Zuttah OL Rutgers
Fast and strong. Gotta love that combo. He played OT but has almost no potential at that position. But with his speed and strength he should find a ncie home at OG or OC.

OC- Cody Wallace OC Texas A&M
Long arms, really strong, quick feet. Started three years. With a little coaching should be a nice starter at center for a decade.

DE(34)- Kendall Langford DE Hampton
Good athlete not great. Has good size and nice height. Has a nack for getting into the backfield with a ton of TFL and sacks.

DE(34)-Chris Norwell DE Illinois
Had a bad Senior season but had 12.5 TFL and 5 sacks as a Junior. And at 6-6 should be able to knock some passes down.

DT- Non-really I could find that's not a first day pick.

OLB(34)- Tommy Blake OLB TCU
Blake had 13.5 and 16.5 TFl with two 7 sack season coming into his senior season. Had a little bit of what they call a "nervous breakdown" and left the team mid season. But has the skills.

OLB(34) Gary Guyton OLB Georgia Tech
Ran a sub 4.5 forty at his size. And had 13.5 tfl with 5 sacks. Not shabby.

ILB- Bryan Kehl ILB BYU
Fast smart player that is extrememly smart. Older than average player but should be able to pick up our system quickly.

CB- DeJaun Tribble CB Boston College
Small guy but has smooth fluid hips and a great burst. Receiver type hands and great return skills whether returning a punt or a pick.

CB- Jack Williams CB Kent St.
4 picks and 3 sacks in 2006. And followed that up with 3 picks and 90+ tackles his senior season.

CB- Dwight Lowery CB San Jose St.
He lead the league in 2006 with 9 picks and had 13 in Junior College. Down as a senior with 4 picks but that has to due with less balls thrown his way.

FS- David Roach FS TCU
Ran 4.51 forty with 16 reps and looked good in drills at the combine. Also weighed in at 212lbs at 6-1.

SS- Jamie Silva SS Boston College
Just a good hard hitting football player.

steelersfan27
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
brandon flowers
brandon flowers
...and maybe a little more brandon flowers

Jakey
02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Brandon Flowers, Curtis Lofton, Keenan Burton, DJ Hall, Mario Manningham, Ray Rice, Chris Williams, Beau Bell, Branden Albert, Chris Johnson, Jacob Tamme, Devin Thomas, Carl Nicks, Chilo Rachal, Lawrence Jackson, Jeremy Thompson, Brian Johnston, Chase Ortiz, Richard Clebert, Xavier Adibi, Erin Henderson, Chevis Jackson, Charles Godfrey.

Thats about it really :)

mikehop05
02-28-2008, 07:02 PM
probably brad pitt...

oh... uhmm footballl?

umm.

early doucet / flowers / hester / crable / malcom kelly / erin henderson

Santonio10
02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
haha funny stuff^^

for me its DRC, Flowers, Hardy, Sweed, Cason, King, Kevin Smith, desean jackson, Tyrell Johnson, Brandon Albert, Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston, and Glenn Dorsey

litlharsh
02-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Denzel Washington

TheWood56
02-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I like a few guys, but Brandon Flowers is my boy. I've been brown nosing him for a while now, and I'm not gonna give up until draft day. :D

Mr. Stiller
02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
QB: Bernard Morris, Marshall ~ Great size/speed, solid mechanics and is a realistic pick.

RB: Alley Broussard, Missouri Southern ~ If he gets his speed/Explosion back, he could be the next Bettis.

FB: Peyton Hillis, Arkansas ~ Brian Leonard in a better blocking, more powerful form.

WR: Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt ~ Best WR in the draft.. Smart, Great hands, quick physical and amazing body Control.

TE: Kellen Davis, Michigan state ~ Big Physical TE, with elite TE Speed, great hands and awesome Blocker. Add the fact he can slide in at DE.

OT: Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh ~ Raw, but I love his potential and strength.

OG: John Greco, Toledo ~ Bull strong and versatile.

C: Jeremy Zuttah, Rutgers ~ Probably only Center I'd draft.

LDE: Red Bryant, Texas A&M ~ Athletic big physical DT that can stuff the run and pass rush.

NT: Sedrick Ellis, USC ~ Unblockable, high motor, always commands double teams.

RDE: Trevor Laws, Notre Dame ~ Sure, undersized, but that hasn't stopped him from being a dominant player.

LOLB: Chris Long, Virginia ~ Strength and high motor, would love to add him.

LILB: Keith Rivers, USC ~ Speed, strength and run stopping ability.

RILB: Erin Henderson, Maryland ~ Read Rivers and add interior passrusher.

ROLB: Quentin Groves, Auburn ~ I was hoping he'd come out as a Junior last year, but this year he has shown that he's willing to be a monster OLB. I think he's a guy that Reminds me of DeMarcus Ware.

CB: Brandon FLowers, VT ~ Smaller, but the most physical and talented CB in this draft IMO.

CB: DRC, TSU ~ Small Schooler that is uber-talented. Flowers and DRC would be an unstoppable duo.

FS: Haruki Nakamura, Cincy ~ This kid is the real deal and whoever drafts/signs him is going to get a future starter. My FAVORITE PROSPECT.

SS: Chris Hemphill, Central Washington ~ 6'5 235lbs 4.52.. Rare prospect.