PDA

View Full Version : Patriots resign Tedy Bruschi

Jay
02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/02/bruschi_set_to.html

Bruschi and the Patriots have agreed to terms on an undisclosed contract, ensuring that the fan favorite will return for his 13th season with the club, according to a league source.

umphrey
02-28-2008, 07:52 PM
FA thread.
I wonder how long its for. I can't believe he's still in the league.

Jay
02-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Why, he had a really solid year last year. He's not necessarily a Pro Bowl caliber LB like he once was, but he is still a guy that can play about 70% of the defensive snaps at a very high level.

I think he will become the only player to ever go to six Super Bowls if the Pats can make it back next year...

umphrey
02-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Well he's had a stroke, I believe (not sure) a string of concussions and his contract was up, not to mention NE has to bring in youth sometime. I just really thought it was time to give it up for him. Not knocking the guy, just didn't think he'd come back.

Geo
02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
It's good to see Bruschi still with the Pats for another season.

Flyboy
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
... There's a pinned thread for this.

Jay
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Well he's had a stroke, I believe (not sure) a string of concussions and his contract was up, not to mention NE has to bring in youth sometime. I just really thought it was time to give it up for him. Not knocking the guy, just didn't think he'd come back.

Nah, concussions weren't a problem, and Belichick likes having veterans at LB. It's the hardest position in their defense to learn and that's why they never draft them for some reason...

Thunder&Lightning
02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
this makes me so happy. he is one of the class acts of the NFL. NFL is better with tedy Bruschi

BroadwayJoe10
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/02/bruschi_set_to.html

As much as I dislike seeing him everywhere i turn on boston, the guy is the perfect image you want to give forthcoming college players; you work your butt off and you can make it despite not being the most talented player on the field. Ya gotta like a guy who gives it his all every time on the field, does what he's told and is a team player..i say good for the pats.

Billingsley26
02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Exactly what I like to see.

Handel
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
It's re-sign.

Yeah, long live the Spelling Jugend.

toonsterwu
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
This is probably a bigger signing than it should've been. But, with Rosevelt Colvin out, missing on Zach Thomas, they needed him back in the worst way. I imagine this will be a "develop the next guy for us" year for him. That said, even with Bruschi back, they still need at least 2 more LB's. I mean, you've got Vrabel, Adalius, Tedy. Tedy needs to be a part of a rotation at this stage. Adalius would be best kept outside, IMO. I know there's Alexander/Woods/Lua, but I've got a hard time believing any one of them is the future for the Patriots as a starter right now. They may develop, but I've got a hard time seeing the Patriots counting on anyone of them in a significant role as of now. Seau may come back, but like Tedy, he's really only part time now.

That said, this may let the Patriots talk themselves out of drafting a LB early. This may give them enough motivation to wait, particularly if they can add help in FA and Seau returns.

Don Vito
02-29-2008, 01:39 AM
I love Tedy. He is not too effective anymore, but he is a great leader who is still pretty good against the run. I love watching him because he still goes all out.

Toonster, we cut Lua along with Colvin and Wilson. I think Pierre Woods will be a good player but I still see DE/LB as our top need.

Jay
02-29-2008, 06:46 AM
I really don't understand why this topic got moved and some of the crap still in the NFL section is allowed to stay. Tedy Bruschi is more important to the NFL then Corey Williams and whoever the Bucs are rumored to have already tampered with. LAME.

Bostonsportlova
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Awesome. Bruschi and Seau are great vet mlb.