PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Notre Dame

TouchdownUSC
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
What do you think about them next year? Will they still be looking at a losing season again? Did they land any impact recruits? I actually like dane crist more than clausen and feel he will be a better quarterback.

dabears10
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
What do you think about them next year? Will they still be looking at a losing season again? Did they land any impact recruits? I actually like dane crist more than clausen and feel he will be a better quarterback.

I think they will have 7 or 8 wins. They have an easier schedule to begin the year this year. They'll be improved, and competitive this year but not a very good team.

kwilk103
02-29-2008, 04:12 PM
i dont think they can get any worse

Turtlepower
02-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Next year Notre Dame goes 0-3 against the PAC-10 and possibly make it 0-4 against the West Coast with a loss to SDSU.

Axl Rose
02-29-2008, 04:30 PM

I think ND will be much better this year, not only did all the starters gain experience last year, but we now have quality depth, and every team on our schedule is going to be way down this year.

dabears10
02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Next year Notre Dame goes 0-3 against the PAC-10 and possibly make it 0-4 against the West Coast with a loss to SDSU.

Um, really? ND will beat SDSU and Stanford. Stanford may get a bit better but still will not beat Notre Dame. Washington is also even questionable if they can beat Notre Dame. ND won't be good this year, but they won't be bad.

DragonFireKai
02-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Washington's on the upswing, they'll beat Notre Dame. But Stanford and SDS are both going to be real weak next season.

Michigan
02-29-2008, 09:10 PM
If ND can find a competent o-line and d-line, they can be competitive. HUGE "if" though.

LonghornsLegend
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
i dont think they can get any worse

Thats the key phrase, so really however you look at it they will be an improvement, but I hope Weiss gets the same treatment Ty did, if they only win 5 or 6 games next year why should he get to keep his job? They surely didnt give Ty any leverage in having a few bad seasons.

iowatreat54
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Thats the key phrase, so really however you look at it they will be an improvement, but I hope Weiss gets the same treatment Ty did, if they only win 5 or 6 games next year why should he get to keep his job? They surely didnt give Ty any leverage in having a few bad seasons.

but you forget, Charlie >>>> Ty because he can recruit, won super bowls, has won like 2 games more through 3 years, recruited Jesus and Christ...Charlie only did bad because he had to coach Ty's "awful recruits", so it can't possibly be his fault for not winning

Ruken
03-03-2008, 12:43 AM
hell they win 6 games they will be in BSC bowl then

therock6000
03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
i feel that QB play will be especially crucial. the talent at WR/RB/TE is for the most part inexperienced, so it will take solid quarterbacking to help them progress and flourish. my hopes/expectations aren't very high...i would be excited with a bowl opportunity

energizerbunny
03-10-2008, 04:32 PM
they should improve alot, with this past recruiting class they now have a much better personal to run the 34 defense.

Last year was horrible, they ran the 34 with who would have been a good 43 personal.

I think Weis has 2 years to win 10 games or he will be on the outside looking in.

OhioState
03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
but you forget, Charlie >>>> Ty because he can recruit, won super bowls, has won like 2 games more through 3 years, recruited Jesus and Christ...Charlie only did bad because he had to coach Ty's "awful recruits", so it can't possibly be his fault for not winning

i hope you're being sarcastic about at least the last part.

iowatreat54
03-10-2008, 05:55 PM
i hope you're being sarcastic about at least the last part.

oh, it's all sarcastic my friend, except the part that Charlie can do no wrong, he's the savior of ND no matter what

OhioState
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
oh, it's all sarcastic my friend, except the part that Charlie can do no wrong, he's the savior of ND no matter what

Ok good, i was worried for a second there