PDA

View Full Version : 3/01 Three-Round Mock With Comments!

Matthew Jones
03-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, decided to try out My Mock Draft. A lot more convenient to make, a bit less convenient to read. Sorry! At least I used comments, eh? Let me know what you think.

http://mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/RavenOfProphecy.aspx

Redskins4Bowl26
03-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Im not sure about the Denver pick. I don't follow them closesly though. Any defensive lineman for the Redskins is a good pick. I like the pick.

I don't really like the Rams or the Dolphins pick. Both are very capable of happening. I just think the Dolphins will go Chris Long though. The Dolphins are a very bad team and with Jason Taylor and Chris Long they'd be VERY stronge there. The Rams pick as I said before is not a bad pick. I just think they'd want a dominating defensive tackle rather than an end. That's just my opinion though.

Matthew Jones
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Im not sure about the Denver pick. I don't follow them closesly though. Any defensive lineman for the Redskins is a good pick. I like the pick.

I don't really like the Rams or the Dolphins pick. Both are very capable of happening. I just think the Dolphins will go Chris Long though. The Dolphins are a very bad team and with Jason Taylor and Chris Long they'd be VERY stronge there. The Rams pick as I said before is not a bad pick. I just think they'd want a dominating defensive tackle rather than an end. That's just my opinion though.

Well, the thing about Miami is that Long would probably be an OLB and they've got Taylor, Pace, and Porter all out there now.

Vikings4ever
03-01-2008, 10:25 AM
You've got the Vikings taking 2 safeties. After bringing in Williams, I don't think they grab Phillips in the first.

If they don't grab any FA DEs, I think they grab Merling.

If they do get someone like Odom, I'd guess Otah, to finish off the O-line.

Oaktown1981
03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Raiders aren't going to draft Dorsey he plays UT they don't need a UT... Only DT I could see them drafting is Ellis..

neko4
03-01-2008, 11:11 AM
nice packers mock

thebow305
03-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil.....

regoob2
03-01-2008, 11:50 AM
What is your reasoning for Steve Slaton to the Bears? We just drafted Garrett Wolfe.

Jakey
03-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Great 1st two picks for the Steelers...terrible 3rd. Richardson id probably a 5th rounder at best. If it played out how you had it, i would like; Jeff Otah, Devin Thomas, Beau Bell.

Vikes99ej
03-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm happy with the first round pick, but I'd rather have Chris Ellis in the second, and Martellus Bennett in the third. I'm starting to think we might not go WR in the first three or four rounds.

Matthew Jones
03-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil.....

Yummy! :-)

BeerBaron
03-01-2008, 12:09 PM
great pick with chris williams. perfect. though he would be the pick even if mendenhall and (sigh) brohm were there. the bears wouldnt take brohm there anyway.....hes not significantly better enough than guys like flacco or woodson who are available rounds later

as for henne...i dont like henne. hes isnt going to be a good nfl QB. i wont fault you for the pick of a QB, i just plain dont like henne.

bears dont need an olb. if they do take one, itll be in the late rounds as a backup at middle or strong side, NOT another undersized WLB. jamar wiliams is highly touted by the coaching staff as a replacement for briggs and we just draft mike okwo in the 3rd last year to develop and provide depth. olb isnt a need.

and slaton? you kidding me? we just took a guy exactly like him in wolfe in the 3rd last year. if we go RB, it has to be someone who can push benson and eventually become an every down back if needed. thats not slaton, hes just another college overachiever like wolfe was without the pro niche to fit into. HB is a need though, just slaton doesnt make a lick of sense....

so overall, you nailed down the perfect 1st rounder, and hit some need positions but with the wrong players.

its an "eh" kinda bears draft

jaffe28
03-01-2008, 12:24 PM
If Keith Rivers is still there #12 the Broncos almost have to take him over Mendenhall. They're in terrible shape at LB and on the DL. Running back isn't an issue right now.

Thunder&Lightning
03-01-2008, 12:26 PM
pretty good san diego pick. With both safeties gone connor is a good pick.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Bad Oakland pick.Were not gonna go DT in round one with the amount of money weve paid both Kelly and Sands.2nd pick is good though.

Yung Flippa
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Okay 1st for Baltimore & Houston. GREAT 2nd for Baltimore. Okay 3rd for Houston.

Yatta!
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Getting DRC would be insane, good Packers mock!

NIN1984
03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Tommy Kelly is not a bad player, overpaid? yes. I agree with other Raider fans I don't see Raiders drafting Dorsey if they do go DT it would Ellis.

and good 2nd round pick

Cashmoney
03-01-2008, 12:52 PM
That would've been the dream day one for the Titans IMO if you had given us Earl Bennett in the second, instead of Andre Caldwell.

defensiveback23
03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
I actually really dislike the Chargers pick. We don't need an ILB because our starters played very well last year, we have two promising backups in Siler/Waters and they just signed Derek Smith. Cromartie would be a a great pick for us.

proshoota25
03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
overall great mock, good pats picks

asmitty45
03-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I Like it for the Lions

stl9erfan
03-01-2008, 01:43 PM
These weren't really horrible picks or anything, but there were definitely guys I'd rather have who were available for SF at all three spots.

Not a big fan of the Balmer pick... I think Nolan would jump at the chance to draft DRC if he's still on the board at 29. True, CB isn't our biggest need at the moment, but Walt Harris isn't getting any younger. Other guys I'd consider would be Gosder Cherilus and Calais Campbell.

In round 2, I think Nolan would be more likely to go with Doucet than Manningham, and I'd love to get Trevor Laws in the third. Guard is not really a huge need (there's a reason we're letting Smiley walk-- we've got the depth to replace him).

hugegmenfan
03-01-2008, 01:52 PM
its an ok giants mock- highsmith looked awful at the combine. i liked him before but running a 5 flat is pathetic in the 40 so i dont know but thats just me personally
Talib is alright but wont sit well with most giants fans

GB12
03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
#30 - DRC - Amazing
#56 - Marcus Harrison - Completely awful. DT is still our second deepest position behind only WR. There's no way we draft one in the second round. Trade Corey Williams for Marcus Harrison? Explain to me how this made any sense at all to you.
#60 - Erin Henderson - Great. I'm skeptical about him playing SLB, but he's great value and would at least give us depth at LB which we need
#92 - Tom Zbikowski - Yuck. Safety is still one of our weakest starting positions, but we have great depth. Zbikowski would not be above Bigby, Collins, or Rouse.

thetedginnshow
03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Terrible for the Jets. Any draft that we're so fortunate to have the chance to get Gholston and don't is just terrible. Even worse, Sam Baker's not much as a RT prospect.

Go_Eagles77
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't mind the eagles 1st rounder but the next 2 don't make a whole lot of sense...

chcwarriorpoet
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Bad Tampa Bay mock. Maybe Jackson in 1 but the other two won't happen. LB and S are maybe the last positions they draft. They drafted two guys at LB and S last year. Not to mention all their starters and backups are coming back at those positions. A better mock would be 1. CB Mike Jenkins 2. WR Donnie Avery 3. Kellen Davis TE/Dre Moore DT

skinzzfan25
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Didn't like the Redskins mock.

The Groves pick is alright, it's a nice value pick. I'd take it, but I would want him to put on some weight.

Morgan in the second is bad. Landry already plays FS, and Doughty has been a solid temporary fill in at SS. Instead of Morgan, I'd much rather get Devin Thomas. He's the big bodied receiver we're missing.

Finally, the Hawkins pick is decent value. BUT, he's 5'11". We already have enough midgets on our team, and the main reason we're looking for WR help is for height/red zone production.

Overall Skins grade: D+

Dr. Gonzo
03-01-2008, 06:18 PM
You got it right in the first round but blew it all in the second. The Vikings would take Ellis. Woodson in the 3rd I can handle.

LonghornsLegend
03-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Why did you give us Jack Ikegwuonu in the 3rd then say great value? He'll be lucky if he's taken before the 6th rd, and he isnt even going to play this year is he, he's coming off a terrible injury, why would we take that in the 3rd round?

johbur
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, decided to try out My Mock Draft. A lot more convenient to make, a bit less convenient to read. Sorry! At least I used comments, eh? Let me know what you think.

http://mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/RavenOfProphecy.aspx

For GB:
R1: DRC - Would have a lot of Packers fans very happy if he were to fall into GB's hands.

R2: I don't get taking a DT. Packers got rid of Corey Williams so that they could work Harrell in, and they were 12 deep on the line last year. Look for Johnny Jolly to come back from injury and battle Harrel in TC with Cole and Muir backing up at the DT spots. If there were an edge rusher, maybe, as a replacement for Montgomery. Packers do need OLB depth, but is Erin Henderson a kid that can be the SLB at his speed and take the position from Poppinga? I would rather have someone from this group: Tavares Gooden at SLB as he has good cover skills and is much more athletic than Poppinga, or for BPA, Jamaal Charles, Justin King, Josh Barrett, John Carlson or Dustin Keller.

R3: Zbikowski would be a solid pickup if the Packers didn't go for Barrett late R2. I'd rather see them take Barrett in R2 and take TE Dustin Keller here.

Rounds 1 & 3 are solid. R2 does nothing for me.

Good job overall on your 3 rounder.

jdb1972
03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Panthers still aren't going to take a QB. Certainly not with Stewart and Williams on the board at #13.

Bluedevil$
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Pretty bad to skipping Gholston for the Jets with him still on the board. I'm not sure why people are discounting a good TJ might be behind an improved line.

litlharsh
03-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Oh wow Phillips and Chris Ellis would just be dirty awesome for the Vikings, but I think we have much bigger holes than to be able to take Kenny like that and groom him behind Sharper. I wouldn't be mad if we did, however. The way you have the picks going, I'd have gone

1. Phillips
2. Chris Ellis
3. Tony Hills?
3. Hawkins?

JagHombre22
03-02-2008, 02:36 AM
first pick ok, second...eh, I don't know about Benedict...plus we really need more DL help...

and the third pick, I guess if it's BPA...

Crazy_Chris
03-02-2008, 04:28 AM
After the Madieu Williams signing don't think we go safety in round 1, gotta grab Phillip Merling if he is there.

BaLLiN
03-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Aqib Talib is not a good pick for the giants, he has good ball skills, but everything else is just average.

Highsmith upset me at the combine, i dont want him anymore.

By the third round we better have already addressed Safety, we lost Gibril and we have James Butler starting on the other side, nuff said.

gdamac
03-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Kelly is not bad, as a matter of fact over the last for years he has been more or as productive than Corey Williams, Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers. It's a big contract but keep in mind whoever the Raiders draft at #4 will get more guaranteed money than Kelly, and he won't have played an NFL down. The market is what it is, I would rather they give extra money than draft picks and money. They had to do something to keep him, they can't claim organizational stability!

I disagree with both picks, Dorsey plays the same position as Kelly, if they get a DT it will be later. As of right now their biggest needs are LT, WR so go Ryan Clady and Devin Thomas.

Shane P. Hallam
03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
If the Steelers got Thomas in the 2nd, it would be a coup. All around, the Steeler mock is good and seems realistic.

Overall, pretty solid. One pick I really like is Harvey to Cinci, makes sense for the 3-4. Quentin Groves in the mid-1st surprised me.

Jakey
03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
If the Steelers got Thomas in the 2nd, it would be a coup. All around, the Steeler mock is good and seems realistic.

Overall, pretty solid. One pick I really like is Harvey to Cinci, makes sense for the 3-4. Quentin Groves in the mid-1st surprised me.

I agree that the 1st 2 picks are great, and realistic. But would you be happy with Richardson in the 3rd???

Shane P. Hallam
03-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree that the 1st 2 picks are great, and realistic. But would you be happy with Richardson in the 3rd???

Of course. We can get as much O-line as we can get, and it is a 2nd day pick, so I'm not going to be picky. Our secondary can hold up, especially if we get Wilson, and our Front 7 is fine, just needs depth in later rounds. As for Richardson personally, if anyone can get him going, it is Tomlin and the coaching staff. He has all the physical tools, I like him personally.

Dam8610
03-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Make that 3rd rounder for the Colts a UT and it's a great draft for them. Avril in the 2nd is perfect.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
packers 1st day looks great but do you really think DRC will fall?

Zbikowski is not that great to me could have a better 3rd round

nice job