PDA

View Full Version : Berrian gone boys

pellepelle_10
03-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Vikings | Berrian agrees to terms on six-year contract
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 14:25:16 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms on a six-year contract with free-agent WR Bernard Berrian (Bears), according to sources. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

DaBears0530
03-01-2008, 05:24 PM
there goes what we had in the passing game.

bearsfan_51
03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
No suprise. Jerry should have franchised him like I've been saying since this time last year. Bye bye Bernard.

BeerBaron
03-01-2008, 06:09 PM
whelp, isnt that just shittastic...

why the vikes though bernard? a division rival whos QB situation isnt that good and will be relying heavily on their run game for years to come.....

doesnt seem the ideal spot for a WR but hey, if the moneys right i suppose

k0ng
03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
6 years 42 million, ha. See ya fuckface! I can't wait until someone from our D lays the wood down on bernard. If he even makes it that far into the season.

Smokey Joe
03-01-2008, 07:31 PM
No suprise. Jerry should have franchised him like I've been saying since this time last year. Bye bye Bernard.
I concur. By franchising him we would have him back for one more season, or perhaps even get a good draft pick from him via trade.

Smokey Joe
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
edit: wrong thread

BeerBaron
03-01-2008, 10:11 PM
edit: wrong thread

lol, dont ya hate it when that happens?

anyway, berrians not worth that much. i hope he has fun trying to chase down those overthrows in the vikes offense...

awfullyquiet
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
he cannot do better in minnesota than he did in chicago.

oh well. i hope he got tons guaranteed. because he won't get **** otherwise.

regoob2
03-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Why is everyone acting like Berrian sucks all of a sudden? He went to the Vikes cause he they threw 42 mil at him, you wouldn't? I hope he does well there they have a nice young offense there. I doubt Tavaris is the answer but he's probably as bad as our QBs.

BeerBaron
03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Why is everyone acting like Berrian sucks all of a sudden? He went to the Vikes cause he they threw 42 mil at him, you wouldn't? I hope he does well there they have a nice young offense there. I doubt Tavaris is the answer but he's probably as bad as our QBs.

im not saying he sucks but there is now way i thought he was worth the money he got. they can have him to block downfield for AP and be overthrown by tavaris.

i honestly thought if he came back to our offense as the #1 WR he could have been a decent 1000+ yard receiver. even if our QB situation isnt great, the familiarity with the offense woudl have help a ton. hell he almost got to 1000 last year when we were totally inconsistent with the QBs and the run game

Bighead734
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Losing Berrian is a big loss as defenses had to game plan specifically for him, but since we didn't franchise him, he wasn't worth the money. Should we have franchised him, maybe. But not signing him allowed the Bears to keep Briggs which I think was a much higher priority.

But I'm thinking this move puts a seal of confidence on Devin Hester, which I am skeptical of. WR will definitely have to be addressed as we lose both starters. Bradley is always a question mark, Hester hasn't put it together but has tons of potential. A free agent will be signed, but who will it be? WR also looks like its going to be addressed in rounds 1-3 now.

Twiddler
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
whelp, isnt that just shittastic...

why the vikes though bernard? a division rival whos QB situation isnt that good and will be relying heavily on their run game for years to come.....

doesnt seem the ideal spot for a WR but hey, if the moneys right i suppose

They almost seem to have a habit of taking division rival's successful players when they hit the free agent scene. Happened with Darren Sharper, Ryan Longwell, now Bernard Berrian, and could have happened with Aaron Kampman had we not matched their offer. I might be forgetting some too.

BeerBaron
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Losing Berrian is a big loss as defenses had to game plan specifically for him, but since we didn't franchise him, he wasn't worth the money. Should we have franchised him, maybe. But not signing him allowed the Bears to keep Briggs which I think was a much higher priority.

But I'm thinking this move puts a seal of confidence on Devin Hester, which I am skeptical of. WR will definitely have to be addressed as we lose both starters. Bradley is always a question mark, Hester hasn't put it together but has tons of potential. A free agent will be signed, but who will it be? WR also looks like its going to be addressed in rounds 1-3 now.

well, im going to disagree that briggs was a higher priority. we had guys already on teh roster ready to take over, which we really dont have for berrian (or at least to a lesser degree)

and ive been trumpeting the bradley/hester horn for a few days now, but ill admit theyre hardly ideal to go into the season with. now briggs, hell of a consolation prize and im glad we have him back, but i think berrian was more important personally....

dabears10
03-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Bernard Berrian was on Waddle and Silvy in the morning. He said that the bears increase their offer and i guess it had similar numbers, but they did not have the same in guarantees.

sweetness34
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Can't blame Bernard for going to Minny after what they offered him. I would've jumped ship too for 6 mil a year. Bernard isn't a #1 WR, he's a clear #2 and that's damn good money for him, overpaid? Certainly and I think the Bears thought Briggs was a higher priority, and I agree.