PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Top 5

catcher_0_3
03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Alright, it is way to early to start talking about preseason rankings. Most of the incoming freshman havn't come in yet and no spring games have been played. In my opinion they shouldn't even have them preseason rankings, but it's not my decision. So who do you see being ranked in the top 5 to begin the season.

1. USC- happens every year
2. Georgia- one word: Knowshon
3. Ohio State- hopefully they will lose this year b4 the CG
4. Florida- returning Heisman winner
5. Oklahoma

kwilk103
03-01-2008, 06:58 PM
1. uga
2. osu
3. uf
4. ou
5. wvu

neko4
03-01-2008, 07:10 PM
1-USC: Despite losing Ellis, Rivers, Baker, Booty and more, there are players just as good right behind them about to step up.

2-Georgia: Knowshown makes this team so dangerous and Stafford should be nice.

3-Florida: They should be much better this year, look for Tebow to be a heisman candidate.

4-Ohio St: What the guy above said.

5-Texas: Maybe more of an end season prediction, but I think Texas will be good this year.

jbeans187
03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UF
4. tOSU
5. Mizzou (yeah i go there)

Turtlepower
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
1. UGA
2. USC
3. Texas
4. WVU
5. Oklahoma (They could go undefeated, but will still lose in a BCS game)

neko4
03-01-2008, 07:33 PM
we shoulda made this into a poll

Michigan
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
1. UGA
2. USC
3. OU
4. UF
5. aOSU

Turtlepower
03-01-2008, 07:40 PM
we shoulda made this into a poll

Before the season we should make a forum top-25. Start at #1 and work our way down to 25. That should be cool.

proshoota25
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
1. UF
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. OSU

BrownsTown
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
1. USC
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida

Whoever wins OSU-USC will be #1 after that game anyway...

andyjo672
03-01-2008, 10:45 PM
1. USC
2. OSU
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

keylime_5
03-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Georgia, Ohio State, USC, Florida, and Oklahoma. Missouri, West Virginia, and Texas will be up there too. I think Kansas drops in win production. Wisconsin could surprise too and lose only 1 or 2 games.

nfrillman
03-02-2008, 03:18 AM
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UF
4. tOSU
5. Mizzou (yeah i go there)

AWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

nikkayeah
03-02-2008, 03:21 AM
well i disagree

Yatta!
03-02-2008, 05:43 AM
1. Georgia
2. OST
3. USC
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida

YAYareaRB
03-02-2008, 09:46 AM
1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. USC
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU

neko4
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Before the season we should make a forum top-25. Start at #1 and work our way down to 25. That should be cool.
Or have everyone submit a top 25 and then give 25 points to a team who gets a 1st place vote and 1 point to a team that gets the 25th place vote

Bengals1690
03-02-2008, 01:25 PM
1. Southern California- The most talented team in the country. The big question is how Sanchez will perform.

2. Ohio State- Ohio State is a stronger all-around team then the last two years. They will have a tenacious defense, and an amazing running game. But can Boekman be a playmaker at quarterback?

3. Oklahoma- Nasty defense, great running game, and an emerging star at quarterback. But they struggle to win big games.

4. West Virginia- Pat White and Noel Devine will run an effective offense, but can the defense sustain its high level of play? And how will they perform without Rich Rodriguiez?

5. Florida- Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin will be spectacular, but I'm worried about Tebow staying healthy. They need a running back and a defense. But with Tebow, anything can happen.

Others- Mizzuo, Georgia, Kansas. A team like Arizona State could sneak up here, too.

Turtlepower
03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Or have everyone submit a top 25 and then give 25 points to a team who gets a 1st place vote and 1 point to a team that gets the 25th place vote

That would be a lot of work to do, but that would be ideal.

Maybe if we could get like 3 or 4 people to help compile the numbers it is possible.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UF
4. Clemson
5. OU

Thunder&Lightning
03-02-2008, 02:04 PM
1. USC
2. Georgia
3. OSU
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

Zyro_1014
03-02-2008, 03:04 PM
1. Southern California- The most talented team in the country. The big question is how Sanchez will perform.

2. Ohio State- Ohio State is a stronger all-around team then the last two years. They will have a tenacious defense, and an amazing running game. But can Boekman be a playmaker at quarterback?

3. Oklahoma- Nasty defense, great running game, and an emerging star at quarterback. But they struggle to win big games.

4. West Virginia- Pat White and Noel Devine will run an effective offense, but can the defense sustain its high level of play? And how will they perform without Rich Rodriguiez?

5. Florida- Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin will be spectacular, but I'm worried about Tebow staying healthy. They need a running back and a defense. But with Tebow, anything can happen.

Others- Mizzuo, Georgia, Kansas. A team like Arizona State could sneak up here, too.

im not a florida fan but they will have an amazing runningback in Emmanuel Moody who transferred from USC. Just to fill you in

Tampa 2 4 life
03-02-2008, 03:18 PM
im not a florida fan but they will have an amazing runningback in Emmanuel Moody who transferred from USC. Just to fill you in

Edit: Time Flies

soybean
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
He transfered...So he's sitting for a year.

he transfered after the 06 season, he's eligible to play this year and i think he'll be great.

islandboy843
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
1. USC
2. UGA
3. UF
4. Clemson
5. OU

Woooooo.

That's what i am talking bout.

Clemson is gonna be nice next year.

TouchdownUSC
03-03-2008, 09:13 AM
1. Georgia - they will get the SEC hype which will put them over the top to start out. 2. USC - most talented team top to bottom with a big time QB in sanchez (powerful arm and creative) and joe mcknight coming into his own. 3. Ohio State - return most of their team with only a few losses on defense. They might be slightly higher than they deserve but because they are a returning team who played in the nc game they will be highly ranked. 4. Florida - returning heisman winner and percy harvin and emmanuel moody. Maybe the deadliest offense next year. 5. West Virginia - return most key players. Devine looked really good and the team can build off their big bowl win over oklahoma.

draftguru151
03-03-2008, 04:02 PM
1. UGA
2. Oklahoma
3. USC
4. UF
5a. OSU
5b. Clemson

catcher_0_3
03-03-2008, 08:42 PM

I don't want to make it out to be a big deal, but how do you not have Georgia in your top 5? They were the hottest team to end last year and are returning everyone. They are bringing in a pretty good recruiting class. They've got a quarterback getting ready to begin his third season. And arguably the best running back(Knowshon Moreno) in the nation, and arguably the best running back yet to step onto the field in Caleb King. I just don't see Georgia being kept out of the top 5.

Mr. Stiller
03-03-2008, 10:53 PM
1) Georgia
2) Ohio State
3) West Virginia
4) USC
5) Florida

Looking in: Oklahoma, Clemson, Texas

georgiafan
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
This is how I think they will be ranked in the polls not how I will rank them

1. USC - Is always the pre season #1

2. OSU - Everyone will forget about title game since they have guys coming back on defense.

3. UGA - returns just about everyone and finished the year ranked 2nd

4. UF - A great offense, but has some issues on defense

5. Okl. - A lot of choices here but i'll go with the big name school

cdub11
03-04-2008, 12:43 PM
1. USC
2. Georgia
3. Florida
4. Ohio St.
5. Texas

Bengals1690
03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't want to make it out to be a big deal, but how do you not have Georgia in your top 5? They were the hottest team to end last year and are returning everyone. They are bringing in a pretty good recruiting class. They've got a quarterback getting ready to begin his third season. And arguably the best running back(Knowshon Moreno) in the nation, and arguably the best running back yet to step onto the field in Caleb King. I just don't see Georgia being kept out of the top 5.

I think Georgia is overhyped and will be exposed next year, especially on defense. Of course, I've been wrong before. But I think that Florida, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, and West Virginia are better teams. But its not by much at all.

Chris Wells, Noel Devine, Joe McKnight, and Oklahoma's plethora of running backs are either on par or better than Knowshon, btw.

catcher_0_3
03-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Georgia is overhyped and will be exposed next year, especially on defense. Of course, I've been wrong before. But I think that Florida, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, and West Virginia are better teams. But its not by much at all.

Chris Wells, Noel Devine, Joe McKnight, and Oklahoma's plethora of running backs are either on par or better than Knowshon, btw.

Georgia basically didn't lose anyone on a defense that shut down just about everybody over the last 7 games. Ask Tim Tebow, Andre Woodson, and Colt Brennan about Georgia's front seven. That being said Knowshon Moreno was in the running for the Heisman last year and he didn't even start until the 4th week of the season. Knowshon can flat get after it, that is a fact. Georgia has got a team, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

georgiafan
03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
If UGA has a problem's it's more on the offense side the defense since 9 starters return on defense. Rashard Jones will be a upgrade over Kelin Johnson at saftey he was 3rd on the team in tackles (57) as a backup. The other started that needs to be replaces is DE and 7 DE's rotated agianst Hawaii so that shouldn't be a issue. Rennie Curran is a future all american he was playing as good as Moreno at the end of the year.

03-04-2008, 09:57 PM
1. USC
2. Florida
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio St.

Michigan
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Clemson is gonna be nice next year.

Not without an offensive line...

TimD
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
edit: forget it

Bengals1690
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Georgia basically didn't lose anyone on a defense that shut down just about everybody over the last 7 games. Ask Tim Tebow, Andre Woodson, and Colt Brennan about Georgia's front seven. That being said Knowshon Moreno was in the running for the Heisman last year and he didn't even start until the 4th week of the season. Knowshon can flat get after it, that is a fact. Georgia has got a team, but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I think georgia's d is playing way over it's head. And if you honestly think that Knowshon Moreno is better than Wells, I'd question whether or not you actually watch football. He actually played a lot in the first 4 games of the season, he had 60+ carries. And they have road games vs Arizona State, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, and Auburn.

catcher_0_3
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I think georgia's d is playing way over it's head. And if you honestly think that Knowshon Moreno is better than Wells, I'd question whether or not you actually watch football. He actually played a lot in the first 4 games of the season, he had 60+ carries. And they have road games vs Arizona State, Florida, LSU, Kentucky, and Auburn.

Chris Wells is good, not even I will deny that. The thing is Knowshon is incredible, him and Chris are on the same playing field. Georgia's D has speed across the board, and depth at every position. I know their schedule, but I don't see a team on there that looks better than they do currently.

DChess
03-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Chris Wells is good, not even I will deny that. The thing is Knowshon is incredible, him and Chris are on the same playing field. Georgia's D has speed across the board, and depth at every position. I know their schedule, but I don't see a team on there that looks better than they do currently.

tOSU's defense is better than georgias

brat316
03-06-2008, 01:32 AM
1-USC-THE WHOLE TEAm
2-UF-TEBOW
3-UG- MORENO
4-OSU-some D players really IDK
5-TEMPLE aahha i wish, the make it to 50-60 i think.
5-LSU - I don't know about 5

Sniper
03-06-2008, 01:37 AM
If UGA has a problem's it's more on the offense side the defense since 9 starters return on defense. Rashard Jones will be a upgrade over Kelin Johnson at saftey he was 3rd on the team in tackles (57) as a backup. The other started that needs to be replaces is DE and 7 DE's rotated agianst Hawaii so that shouldn't be a issue. Rennie Curran is a future all american he was playing as good as Moreno at the end of the year.

Georgia needs a dependable WR to step up. In addition, that schedule is HARD. And I never give the SEC credit, but Georgia's schedule is a doozy.

catcher_0_3
03-06-2008, 11:06 AM
tOSU's defense is better than georgias

That is your opinion, mine just happens to be different. Maybe they will actually beat USC and then the SEC can make it 10 games against Ohio State.

Solomon
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
1. OHIO STATE

Why they could be #1: One of the top teams in the country last year returns almost everybody from their team. Loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. Strong throughout all positions on defence anchored by Laurinaitis, Jenkins, Freeman, Heyward, Washington, Wilson and Worthington. Gholston's departure shouldn't hurt much esp if Robert Rose manages to play up to his potential. One of the best RBs in the country in Wells, veteran QB (Boeckman), good experienced WRs with Robiskie and Hartline and a stout OLine led by Alex Boone.

Why they might not win the NC: Seemingly unprepared for their biggest games, two big NC losses in a row might be an indication of a group of guys that just can't put it together when it counts. Fast DLines have shown the ability to penetrate OSU's Oline.

Breakthrough star for 2008: CB Chimdi Chekwa, great size/speed combo and the ball skills to boot. Buckeyes continue their tradiiton of great DBs.

2. USC

Why they could be #1: Always very talented especially at the skill positions. McKnight, Johnson, Hazelton and Turner should tear it up on offence and make whoever plays QB look like a star. Their Defence led by Rey Maualuga and Taylor Mays looks strong as well.

Why they might not win the NC: although talented, many of their players haven't received extensive time and it'll be interesting to see how they pan out when starting over a full season. The Trojans do a great job of reloading and stockpiling talent but they can't get better by losing Fred Davis, JD Booty, Sam Baker, Chilo Rachal, Drew Radovich, Lawrence Jackson, Sedrick Ellis, Keith Rivers and Terrell Thomas. Can they?

Breakthrough star for 2008: CB Shareece Wright looks like a future first round draft pick.

Georgia

Why they could be #1: very good running game powered by Knowshon Moreno, experienced QB, OLine may be young but jelled last year and showed the ability to be great (Sturdivant looks like a future All American). Physical, fast, typical SEC defense led by LBs Danell Ellerbe and Rennie Curran.

Why they might not win the NC: No bona fide targets for Stafford (too bad UGA didn't aggresively recruit local products Arron Kelly and Kenny McKinley). DLine doesn't have that top notch pass rusher (although knowing UGA someone should emerge), tough schedule.

Breakthrough star for 2008: DT Geno Atkins had a very good season last year but flew under the radar. He applies alot of pressure up the middle and could have a Glen Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis type impact on the rest of the DL in 2008.

4 FLORIDA

Why they could be #1: Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin. On paper they look improved at RB and on defense. That might be all they need to put them over the top with two of the best players in the nation on their team.

Why they might not win the NC: OLine suspect, defence is more experienced than last year but is still unproven, difficult schedule.

Breakthrough star for 2008: DE Jermaine Cunningham, undersized pass rusher should prove that he is more than just a bookend for Derrick Harvey.

5 OKLAHOMA

Why they could be #1: Very good QB in Sam Bradford, Murray looks like a bigtime RB, IMO the best TE in the nation in Gresham, great Oline led by Duke Robinson, Phil Loadholt, Jon Cooper and Walker. The loss of Malcolm Kelly shouldn't hurt too much since he disapeared for stretches this past year. Defence looks tough, esp the front seven although the loss of Lofton will hurt.

Why they might not win the NC: Secondary although talented has looked porous at times. Like Ohio State they have made a recent habit out of losing big games they should win. Are they getting outcoached?

Breakthrough star for 2008: LB Ryan Reynolds, expected to be the next star at LB for the Sooners.