PDA

View Full Version : With Our Losses so far....

tuccic
03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
First off I am VERY DISAPPOINTED at the Giants so far, letting Wilson, Torbor and Mitchell go so easily, knowing that we don't have much depth behind them.

I think that we need to trade our first round pick for some later picks in the draft or for Hall. Our situation right now on defense is not very good at all.

Eugene Wilson is someone that I believe we MUST sign, he will fit in nicely and can help with our coverage problems.

Also, an idea here...how about moving Webster or Dockery to Safety? It might be something good to try out since our safety situation is pretty bad.

Boley, we NEED to sign him. He is young and a great player, there is no reason why we should not go out and get him, he will be a good replacement to Mitchell.

We do NOT need Javon Walker, I don't understand why we are even interested in him, we have Burress, Toomer, Smith, Moss and Tyree...we have plenty of depth there no need to waste our money on him.

Any other ideas..?

Turtlepower
03-01-2008, 08:05 PM
We don't have to do anything. We have essentially the same team from last season coming back from a Super Bowl win. Torbor will always be a #2 on the depth chart and Mitchell will never be anything more than an average player either. Wilson is upsetting, but did you really plan on shelling out that kind of dough for him?

Also, where in Westchester are you from?

scottyboy
03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
i think you're over reacting, A LOT. BBD and i discussed this in the team thread, check it out to get our thoughts on it. Moving our CB's to safety is a bad idea too(unless it's R dubs) we're still fine, chillax

Draft King
03-01-2008, 08:11 PM
You'd like Boley wouldnt you??? Too bad he's an all-time Falcon.

tuccic
03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I might be overreacting just a little, its just discouraging to see players leave and us not doing that much.

Mamaroneck in Westchester

scottyboy
03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
tuccic, I'm perfectly content with it. i have no desire to rush in free agency and over pay guys. Keep our current guys in house, lock them up. Bring in role players cheap and build through the draft. Did we sign any big name free agents last year? nope. Mitchell was signed like 20 days in. Reese knows what he's doing. We'll bring in Knight cheap for a smaller contract.

Mitchell and Torbor weren't real painful losses, but Gibril was kinda painful, but not the end of the world. We'll be fine

Turtlepower
03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Mamaroneck in Westchester

Cool, I'm from Ossining. I bolted from that county as soon as I could. Arizona is nice, but I do miss NYC.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Losing Gibril was disappointing but then again I wouldnt have spent that much money for him. I like him a lot but he isnt worth that much. I think he had a career high in picks this year with 4, and a couple of those were lucky pop-ups to him, so as much as I like him, we were right letting him walk for that price.

Bringing in Knight is fine as a stopgap and I really would like Eugene Wilson who I think is a very nice fit for us.

NO JAVON WALKER!

hugegmenfan
03-02-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah basically i think if spags felt that losing wilson, mitchell and torbor would have really been a detriment to his defensive scheme we would have done everything possible to keep them. Truthfully before this year i was not high on wilson and thought he was actually not that good, and he got the 3rd highest contract for a safety- more than ed reed- which is ridiculous and im glad we didnt spend that money for him. Mitchell was good but Wilkinson stepped in and did fine last year for us. Let's say we sign Eugene Wilson and draft like Reggie Smith we are just as good if not better in the safety position than before in my opinion

Curse of Tiki
03-02-2008, 10:48 AM
you are bugging out just a little.

torbor was a bench player for the giants.

kawika mitchell, even though he played great for us, is replaceable.

and there was no way Reese was shelling out 40 million dollars to Gibril unless he felt he was a top 5 safety. and as much as i love gibril, he is not that.

BaLLiN
03-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I think that we need to trade our first round pick for some later picks in the draft or for Hall. Our situation right now on defense is not very good at all. With the money he is asking for and the huge need at safety, i dont think we could afford to trade for Hall.

Also, an idea here...how about moving Webster or Dockery to Safety? It might be something good to try out since our safety situation is pretty bad.
Moving either of those players to safety would be horrific, Dockery is small, Webster isnt always reliable.

Boley, we NEED to sign him. He is young and a great player, there is no reason why we should not go out and get him, he will be a good replacement to Mitchell. This is definately the move we need to make, he's a good young player who won't cost a fortune and has a lot of potential. But he's a RFA, so i dont know how much it will cost us.

We do NOT need Javon Walker, I don't understand why we are even interested in him, we have Burress, Toomer, Smith, Moss and Tyree...we have plenty of depth there no need to waste our money on him.
I dont want any part of Walker.

B-Jac27Future
03-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Too bad the Falcons are the worst franchise in football.

Number 10
03-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Stop with the disappointment crap

The Giants FO knows whay they are doing...Torbor, Mitchell, and Wilson all got overpaid and it is NOT a coincidence that bottom of the barrell franchises signed them to those deals.

Number 10
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
And Boley is a RFA...so we'd have to give up a pick AND sign him to a long term deal.

Curse of Tiki
03-02-2008, 03:23 PM
i don't think buffalo will be a bottom of the barrell team next year.

hugegmenfan
03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
i don't think buffalo will be a bottom of the barrell team next year.

gonna have to agree with you on that one. they have put some very nice pieces in place and i think if edwards continues progressing at QB for them they are going to be a very good team.