PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ever Mock

Yatta!
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Round 1
1. Miami Dolphins - DE Chris Long
I gave Matt Ryan a long, hard look here but in the end Long just seems to be the perfect pick for the Fins.

2. St.Louis Rams - OT Jake Long
Poor line play was the biggest reason for their bad record last year, Long will help to solve that.

3. Atlanta Falcons - QB Matt Ryan
Ryan is the best QB in the class by far and the Falcons are obviously in dire need of one.

4. Oakland Raiders - DT Sedrick Ellis
McFadden is obviously an option but Fargas played well down the stretch and someone from Jordan, Rhodes, Bush should be able to step up as the No.2 back. Ellis will solve Oakland's run stopping problems and fits the system better than Dorsey.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - DT Glenn Dorsey
In an ideal world they would trade down and take Clady but it is a bit of a reach to take him here. Dorsey provides immediate defensive help.

6. New York Jets - OLB Vernon Gholston
Again McFadden could be the pick here but his stock has slipped a bit. Gholston could be the Merriman/Ware that the Jets need to make their 3-4 work.

Projected Trade New England trades Pick 7 to Dallas for Picks 22 & 28
7. Dallas Cowboys - RB Darren McFadden
Everyone knows that Jerry Jones is in love with McFadden and they don't have to break the bank to get him.

8. Baltimore Ravens - CB Leodis McKelvin
The Ravens had trouble when they're corners went down last year and both McAllister and Rolle are getting up in the years. McKelvin may even push for Rolle's job during the season.

9. Cincinnati Bengals - LB Keith Rivers
They are just horrendously short of linebackers.

10. New Orleans Saints - CB Mike Jenkins
The Saints finally get someone to start opposite Mike McKenzie.

11. Buffalo Bills - WR Limas Sweed
They could take a CB or a LB here too but Sweed had a fantastic combine and looks like the real deal.

12. Denver Broncos - OT Ryan Clady
Will start straight away as Matt Lepsis' replacement.

13. Carolina Panthers - RB Rashard Mendenhall
DeAngelo Williams has convinced no one that he is able to carry the load for the Panthers.

14. Chicago Bears - OT Chris Williams
They could take Brian Brohm but they have issues at both tackle spots, Williams could develop into a stud LT.

15. Detroit Lions - OT Jeff Otah
Lions need OL help quickly.

16. Arizona Cardinals - CB Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
Rogers-Cromartie is an absolute freak and will allow Antrel Rolle to move to safety.

17. Minnesota Vikings - DE Derrick Harvey
The Vikes have lost Kenechi Udeze for the year and would have been looking for a DE anyway.

18. Houston Texans - RB Jonathan Stewart
Ahman Green hardly looks like a starting back any more and Stewart could finally provide the Texans with a consistent runner.

19. Philadelphia Eagles - DE Phillip Merling
Their need at CB has been fixed and I don't really think they need a WR that badly. Merling can replace Jevon Kearse.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - DT Kentwan Balmer
A definite upgrade in the middle of their line.

21. Washington Redskins - WR Malcolm Kelly
Their leading WR caught only 3TDs all year, if my memory serves me correctly.

22. New England Patriots (via Dallas&Cleveland) - CB Aqib Talib
They have a hole at CB after the departure of Asante Samuel.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers - OG Branden Albert
Faneca is gone and there are numerous other question marks surrounding their line.

24. Tennessee Titans - WR DeSean Jackson
Vince Young gets some help a receiver and a genuine game breaker.

25. Seattle Seahawks - RB Felix Jones
Jones can provide a 2nd option in their ground game and eventually become the full time starter.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Calais Campbell
The Jags have a massive hole at end and Campbell would literally fill that.

27. San Diego Chargers - S Kenny Phillips
The Chargers get a stud safety that they have been looking for.

28. New England Patriots - LB Dan Connor
Nearly all of the Pats' backers are nearing the end of their careers.

29. San Francisco 49ers - LB Quentin Groves
Provides a pass rush threat off the edge to complement Manny Lawson.

30. Green Bay Packers - CB/S Reggie Smith
Smith provides depth all over the secondary and can be groomed to replace Woodson/Harris in the long run.

31. New England Patriots - Pick Forfeited

32. New York Giants - CB Brandon Flowers
There was talk of a possible trade for DeAngelo Hall but instead the Giants take the next best CB availiable.

Round 2
33. Dolphins - OT Gosder Cherilius
34. Rams - DE Lawrence Jackson
35. Raiders - WR James Hardy
36. Chiefs - OT Sam Baker
37. Jets - RB Chris Johnson
38. Falcons - OT Carl Nicks
39. Ravens - QB Brian Brohm
40. 49ers - WR Devin Thomas
41. Saints - LB Jerod Mayo
42. Bills - CB Antoine Cason
43. Broncos - DT Pat Sims
44. Panthers - S DaJuan Morgan
45. Bears - QB Joe Flacco
46. Lions - CB Patrick Lee
47. Bengals - DT Red Bryant
48. Vikings - TE Fred Davis
49. Falcons - RB Ray Rice
50. Eagles - WR Mario Manningham
51. Cardinals - RB Jamaal Charles
52. Redskins - CB Charles Godfrey
53. Bucs - WR Andre Caldwell
54. Steelers - OT Anthony Collins
55. Titans - TE Martellus Bennett
56. Seahawks - TE John Carlson
57. Packers - LB Erin Henderson
58. Dolphins - QB Chad Henne
59. Jaguars - S Josh Barrett
60. Colts - OG Chilo Rachal
61. Packers - TE Dustin Kellar
62. Cowboys - CB Justin King
63. Patriots - LB Shawn Crable
64. Giants - LB Tavares Gooden

Turtlepower
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I like Gooden, but Flowers will never be able to play CB in the NFL due to his 40 time. Combine that with his character concerns and the Giants wouldn't take him.

BeerBaron
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
lets pretend you didnt say that the bears "could take brohm" at 14. ill pretend i didnt see that so i can say this:

pretty good bears draft

Matthew Jones
03-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Amazing Patriots picks!

Jakey
03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I like Albert in the 1st...but then you have Collins in the 2nd who is basically the same player, but with less position flexibility. Give the Steelers a CB/DE/WR in the 2nd, and that would be a good 1st mock. :)

EDIT: Or better still...Brandon Flowers in the 1st, Chilo Rachal in the 2nd. That would get A+++

Thunder&Lightning
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
amazing chargers pick!!!!

roidrunner
03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
i can live with the packers draft. but i do not think we will get a TE that soon. I think OT is more likely. otherwise i like the draft

TimD
03-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Interesting Jets pick in the 2nd round. I like it.

Yung Flippa
03-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Okay Ravens 1st, really don't like the 2nd, I'd rather have Antonie Cason. Good Houston pick.

vidae
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm a fan of the Chiefs picks. I'm not as high on Dorsey as some are, but we need a big beast defensive tackle to help stop the run and offensive line in the 2nd will make any Chiefs fan happy.

Yatta!
03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
i can live with the packers draft. but i do not think we will get a TE that soon. I think OT is more likely. otherwise i like the draft

The Packers have the flexibility to go BPA on the first day. I don't think there's any more linemen who warrant going that high. Its more likely that we take Zuttah, Hills or someone else who fits the system in the 3rd/4th. They would just be sitting and learning for the first few years anyway.

thebow305
03-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok phins draft. I love C Long in the first, but I'd rather have Flacco than Henne, so give us Flacco instead of Cherilus and Justin King instead of Henne. Then we could grab Barry Richardson, OT from Clemson, in the third.

proshoota25
03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
i wouldnt mind this trade to the pats...... i think smith from oklahoma at 22 is the pick because the pats love his versatility..... and then i wouldnt be surprised if the pats took ANOTHER CB is the first because they dont have much and took talib at 28

BaLLiN
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Personally im really high on Flowers, id love to have him in the first and see if he can play corner or our biggest need by far, safety. Gooden is an alright pick.

hugegmenfan
03-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Personally im really high on Flowers, id love to have him in the first and see if he can play corner or our biggest need by far, safety. Gooden is an alright pick.

its silly to pick a guy like that 1st round to play a position he has never played before in safety. im ok with flowers and gooden is a decent pick as well

BaLLiN
03-02-2008, 05:38 PM
its silly to pick a guy like that 1st round to play a position he has never played before in safety. im ok with flowers and gooden is a decent pick as well

It is, but he's still a good player, like i said im high on him, it doesnt mean that the giants are.

Finsfan79
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
rather have jake long for miami

This draft has depth for the Dline and Oline but we have depth at the DE spot and at the OLB spot right now specially if we sign pace. Where we do NOT have depth on the oline and Jake is the perfect fit at Left tackle not a better position to build a franchise around but a QB. But Parcells and ireland are supposedly high on Beck

defensiveback23
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Great pick for San Diego and you couldn't be more correct with your comment, although Weddle will be great imo.

T-RICH49
03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I've soured on Baker.Nicks would be better IMO

Vikes99ej
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Yatta!, you gave us some beautiful picks. I want to cry now :)

The Legend
03-03-2008, 11:30 AM

couldnt say it better my self
other then i love Reggie Smith

the decider13
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Clady to broncos is a good pick. I think that Clady will either get reached for, or fall past the broncos.

But clady to denver would make sense, he would stay a Bronco :D

Bills2083
03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Good 1st rounder.
Bad explanation. We would not take a LB there, because we already have Mitchell, Posluszny, and Crowell.
Great 2nd rounder.

I'd be very happy if that is how our Day 1 goes.

PossumBoy9
03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
With Chris Long off the board, Jake Long is acceptable for the Rams.

Not my first choice, but I'm warming up to him.