PDA

View Full Version : TimDris' 3/02 Mock

TimD
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
1. Miami Dolphins – Chris Long DE Virginia
I have a feeling that Jason Taylor has played his last game as a 'Phin, and Long is the perfect guy to come in and take his spot. I'm not sure where exactly he'd play (OLB or DE) but I know Parcells will figure out a way to make good use of his talent.

2. St. Louis Rams – Glenn Dorsey DT Louisiana State
There are a lot of options for this pick, but I think they go with a guy who will be a force in the middle for years to come. Interesting how they take DL 2 years in row.

3. Atlanta Falcons – Matt Ryan QB Boston College
They get a new face to lead the franchise. QB is the most important position on the field and Ryan knows how to lead a team.

4. Oakland Raiders – Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
I know they resigned Fargas, and they have Bush, but you can't pass up on his talent, especially after watching what AD last year. A good combine performance shows that he's top 5 material.

5. Kansas City Chiefs – Jake Long OT Michigan
Chiefs nation rejoices. A possible #1 pick falls to #5 and is a perfect fit on the KC line. Larry Johnson also rejoices.

6. New York Jets – Vernon Gholston OLB Ohio State
After 2 big FAs on DL and OL they look to get some playmakers, there are still so many different options. This draft is deep with OL, DL, and CB so the physical freak from The Ohio State brings a needed pass rush to NY.

7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers) – Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
They lost Samuel and *** so they need to upgrade at DB. They've been getting killed this off season with impact losses, so expect a big draft for them, especially to save their aging defense.

8. Baltimore Ravens – Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee State
Is Troy Smith the answer? We'll see. For now they take D.R.C. to help out an oft-injured secondary. Defense wins championships.

9. Cincinnati Bengals – Sedrick Ellis DT Southern California
They almost had Rogers. So close, but now Ellis falls to them at #9 so they snatch him up to help their D.

10. New Orleans Saints – Keith Rivers OLB Southern California
Vilma will help, but at this point the Saints need to take the best defensive player out there and #55 is clearly that.

11. Buffalo Bills – Limas Sweed WR Texas
They've addressed their interior DL with Stroud, they get Poz back, now they need play makers on offense along with Lynch and Evans.

12. Denver Broncos – Ryan Clady OT Boise State
Mendenhall could be the pick here, but I think they go with OL. Cutler needs protection.

13. Carolina Panthers – Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
They lost Foster and even though they have Williams, they take this power back to help out the offense.

14. Chicago Bears – Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
There are a number of great QBs who will be in the 2nd so they take someone to protect whoever that is.

15. Detroit Lions – Aqib Talib CB Kansas
Corner is their biggest need, and the playmaking Talib fills that need.

16. Arizona Cardinals – Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida
They lost Pace and could lose Dansby next year, so they take this Tweener who can get at the QB.

17. Minnesota Vikings – Philip Merling DE Clemson
They've had a great off season so far and now they get someone to get an elite player to line up next to the Williams. This is a scary defense.

18. Houston Texans – Jonathon Stewart RB Oregon
This is a pretty deep draft for OL and Stewart is extremely talented. Having a run game will help out Matt Schaub, and when they take an OL later in the draft, he'll be smiling.

19. Philadelphia Eagles – Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
I don't think they can afford Fitz after giving Samuel so much cash, so they go after a big receiver who can help who ever is at QB next year.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dre Moore DT Maryland
WR is an option here, but the interior DL has been a problem for a while now and they fill that with the huge Dre Moore.

21. Washington Redskins – Calais Campbell DE Miami
Again, WR is an option here, but they can find a good WR in Rounds 2 and 3. Campbell is a talent that they can't pass up.

22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns) – Felix Jones RB Arkansas
Not trading up to take McFadden pays off, because they get a great compliment to Barber and they keep their other 1st rounder.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Branden Albert OG Virginia
Losing Faneca hurts and their OL wasn't that strong anyways so they upgrade it with the flexible Albert. He can play OT or OG which is a great asset.

24. Tennessee Titans – Lawrence Jackson DE Southern California
Jackson is definitely an option here, but I think they fill the hole that Odom created when he left.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
Instead of reaching for a RB they will take one in Round 2 or 3 and they pick up a guy to create the holes for him and Morris.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars – Kentwan Balmer DT North Carolina
Losing Stroud will hurt, so they fill that need with Balmer.

27. San Diego Chargers – Kenny Phillips S Miami
Weddle had a good rookie year, but they lost Florence so they need to add a solid DB and they do that with Phillips.

28. Dallas Cowboys – Desean Jackson WR California
Yup, not trading up pays off. They are able to add 2 great talents to their already potent offense.

29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts) – Sam Baker OT Southern California
They lost Smiley and Allen so they go out and add a guy who at one point was a top 5 pick. Next year could be different for the 'Frisco Faithful with all the new FAs and this talented OL.

30. Green Bay Packers – Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
This team was 1 drive away from the superbowl, and in that drive Eli picked apart their secondary. They add depth behind Harris and Woodson.

31. New England Patriots - Forfeited as penalty for cheating
Cheaters!

32. New York Giants – Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma
Big Blue gets someone who makes an immediate impact in the secondary. They lost Wilson to the Raiders, but they find someone that can play S or CB. (thanks turtlepower)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't like the pick I have your team taking, tell me why and what position/who you would like instead. Thanks.

Turtlepower
03-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Reggie Smith over Cason in a heartbeat. Cason will be nothing more than a nickleback in the NFL.

Thunder&Lightning
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
gotta love the chargers pick. Like the color coding too:)

TimD
03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Reggie Smith over Cason in a heartbeat. Cason will be nothing more than a nickleback in the NFL.

In the NJ/NY papers a lot of people have been talking about Cason. I know its the press, and they are rarely correct, and I used that as my deciding factor on whether to take Cason or Smith. I can see why you want Smith because he can play S and CB. I'm going to edit that. +rep when I can

Turtlepower
03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
In the NJ/NY papers a lot of people have been talking about Cason. I know its the press, and they are rarely correct, and I used that as my deciding factor on whether to take Cason or Smith. I can see why you want Smith because he can play S and CB. I'm going to edit that. +rep

I think the papers talk about Cason because he is the more notable name. That is my opinion on it at least.

roidrunner
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
If that happens i will bust a nut. Love the packers draft. but it seems highly unlikely. but i can dream cant I?

Jakey
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
It would be a real tough decission for the Steelers if both Albert and Otah were on the board. I think they would go tackle over guard, but either would be cool with me. Good job

EDIT: Add Balmer and Jackson into the equation, and that would be a real tough call for the Steelers!

TimD
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
If that happens i will bust a nut. Love the packers draft. but it seems highly unlikely. but i can dream cant I?

Yeah I have to admit that with at least 3 of the picks before them I was torn between taking who I took and Jenkins. I have a feeling they wind up with him, Smith, or Cason though.

Yung Flippa
03-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Okay Ravens pick, Good Houston pick.

roidrunner
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
i could see cason, smith, or flowers for the packers

TimD
03-02-2008, 02:35 PM
i could see cason, smith, or flowers for the packers

Not a fan of Flowers to be honest, but yeah there's a few teams where it seems like they will take whatever corner is on the board, the Packers being one of them.

Jakey
03-02-2008, 02:36 PM
^ To be honest i wouldnt mind Flowers to the Steelers in round 1. In fact i would love it! :)

DiG
03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
not a fan of the redskins pick. i think after calais combine hes fallen back into the back of the first or even into the second. unless he proves more comittment at his pro day teams are now questioning his work ethic and motivation. he needs to cut weight and get in better shape before he moves back up boards.

vidae
03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Yes please Jake Long being there at 5!

scottyboy
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
i love Cason and would be fine with either Smith or Cason.

turtlepower hates Cason because Cason went to Zona, and turtle is an ASU fan(kinda like me and Mike Jenkins...)

hugegmenfan
03-02-2008, 02:58 PM

turtlepower hates Cason because Cason went to Zona, and turtle is an ASU fan(kinda like me and Mike Jenkins...)

agreed. I like both of them as well. Reggie smith is the perfect pick though for us because of his versatility

thebow305
03-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Love the Phins pick! Great job!

proshoota25
03-02-2008, 03:24 PM
mckelvin doesnt fit into the patriots zone scheme....

TimD
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
mckelvin doesnt fit into the patriots zone scheme....

Why not? I know he's not the most physical CB, but he's got natural talent, speed, is a solid tackler, and a playmaker. Not all Zone Coverage CBs need to be overly physical (see Ellis Hobbs)... He also brings some great special teams plays...

BeerBaron
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
good bears pick though if i had my way, we wouldnt be taking a QB in the 2nd either....wait until the 3rd to get woodson is what i would do. go rb in 2 to get someone to push benson.

but good pick with williams. hes at the top of my bears draft board right now

TimD
03-02-2008, 04:16 PM
good bears pick though if i had my way, we wouldnt be taking a QB in the 2nd either....wait until the 3rd to get woodson is what i would do. go rb in 2 to get someone to push benson.

but good pick with williams. hes at the top of my bears draft board right now

Yeah I think the perfect Bears mock might be: Williams, C Johnson RB, Woodson

familyguy555
03-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I would actually prefer Harvey for the Lions over Talib. Now that we got Leigh Bodden cornerback isn't our biggest need.

Matthew Jones
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Still a terrible Patriots draft. They won't take a man cover corner in the first - we run a zone defense.

regoob2
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah I think the perfect Bears mock might be: Williams, C Williams RB, Woodson
Who is C Williams RB?

TimD
03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Still a terrible Patriots draft. They won't take a man cover corner in the first - we run a zone defense.

Who would you want instead? DRC? Maybe a trade down?

TimD
03-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Who is C Williams RB?

woops my bad. chris johnson from ecu

Jakey
03-02-2008, 04:34 PM
I think people put too much emphasis on the difference between a 'zone corner' and a 'man corner'...if you are gonna draft a CB that high, you are gonna expect a well rounded game, and the abillity to play both. I believe most of the top corners in this draft are capable of playing both. Hell, Asante Samuel aint the perfect fit for a 'zone corner' but he aint done too bad has he ;)

Sniper
03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Kenny Phillips over Malcolm Kelly. kthxbai

thetedginnshow
03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Not surprised with our pick. Haha.

BeerBaron
03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah I think the perfect Bears mock might be: Williams, C Johnson RB, Woodson

well, the problem with johnson is that we just took an undersized, 3rd down back last year in the 3rd in wolfe.

i think an ideal pick would be someone like jamal charles in the 2nd or in the later rounds a more complete back such as forte

BaLLiN
03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Reggie Smith is the pick for the giants if he is there for sure, good job. Cason is a good talent, id prefer him in the second if he's there.

Nitschke-Hawk
03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
I lke Mike Jenkins and I accept almost any player with dreads. He and Talib style would fit us really well

nobodyinparticular
03-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I still think that the pick at #1 will be either Gholston, Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden...

gdamac
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I would prefer Jake Long, but I can't come up with an argument that says "Al Davis won't take McFadden". If he does, I hope they get the best tackle available in the 2nd.

Yatta!
03-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Great packers pick, in fact I really like this draft as a whole.

the decider13
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
decent broncos pick, clady should be decent, I personally prefer Chris Williams as a pro prospect.

Raven Domination
03-03-2008, 12:49 PM
I like the Ravens pick. Some are skeptical that DRC is a Top 10 guy though. Even though he did well at the combine.

TimD
03-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I still think that the pick at #1 will be either Gholston, Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden...

Well considering there is talk of Jesse Chatman leaving Miami, McFadden could definitely be the pick.

jackalope
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Great pick for Green Bay, I would be thrilled if Jenkins fell to us.

PossumBoy9
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Until Dorsey gets a clean bill of health, I'd prefer not to see him at pick #2.

I'd take Gholston. Rams may prefer Jake Long.

Bills2083
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Sweed and Talib are great options there.
If we sign Bryant Johnson, I'd rather go with Talib (we havent signed him yet, so I like Sweed here)

Turtlepower
03-04-2008, 12:07 AM

Scientific studies have proven that people who live in Tucson, Arizona for 4 years have body odor for the rest of their lives. Do you really want our players to not be able to go to the locker room because Cason is in there. He will only be a locker room cancer due to his horrific stank.

TimD
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
haha nice...

Vikes99ej
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Good pick considering everyone else I would want (Chris Williams, Derrick Harvey) is gone.

TimD
03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Edit: oops

asmitty45
03-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Scratch Talib, insert merling if your going defense