PDA

View Full Version : Thank you: From a Falcons fan

iloxygenil
03-02-2008, 08:22 PM
I am so happy that you guys brought Turner up the way you did and that he was the kind of character guy that accepted it. Thank you for taking care of our new horse and getting him prepped for his big opportunity. Here's to hoping he stays healthy and we can build an offensive line worthy of his talent. I'm looking forward to him in a major way.

One question I do have about him, how is his pass blocking? I know he didn't get to see the field much but how is he when he's called on to be a blocker?

Thunder&Lightning
03-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Im not to upset about losing him. Sproles proved he can excel when given an oppurtunity.

defensiveback23
03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I am so happy that you guys brought Turner up the way you did and that he was the kind of character guy that accepted it. Thank you for taking care of our new horse and getting him prepped for his big opportunity. Here's to hoping he stays healthy and we can build an offensive line worthy of his talent. I'm looking forward to him in a major way.

One question I do have about him, how is his pass blocking? I know he didn't get to see the field much but how is he when he's called on to be a blocker?

His blitz pickup significantly improved since he came in as a rook. He's only going to improved now that he'll get significant reps. He was also the primary blocker for Sproles on kick off returns and did a nice job in that regard.

DonWoods33
03-03-2008, 09:28 AM

I recall he has flattened out a couple blitzers out here and there. He is certainly not afraid of contact, so I think he will be fine with that. He's a hell of a kickoff returner too. My only concern is about him is that he runs, kinda high, but he will drop his shoulder if he sees the contact coming. He is somewhat tight in the legs, and has had hamstring injuries in the past. But he works hard, keeps his nose clean, and he will be damn good barring health. I really can't wait to see how he does. I think he's going to get his 1200-1400 yards fairly easy. All this stuff about him going against tired defenses is bunk, he has always done well early in games too. (I was at the Balt-SD game in 06 and he was the best offensive player on the field on either side, he gashed them real good) Besides he absolutely shreds those tired defenses, and it aint like their not trying to stop him.

UncleHulka
03-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I know that most Charger fans love the guy and will pull for him in a Falcons uni. He is a team player and super-talented to boot. If they ever resolve their QB issue, then he will be a beast. As it is, he will face 8 in the box a lot.

Personally, I felt that he was severely underutilized by Norv Turdner, who seemed to be a bit intimidated by Tomlinson. Looking back, it would really be nice to have that first rounder for him now. If AJ had known that he would be forgotten, then that trade would almost certainly have been made. But hindsight and all... can't blame him for keeping him around as insurance.