Jacksonville Jaguars - Phillip Merling DE

San Diego Chargers - Kenny Phillips FS

Dallas Cowboys - Chris Johnson RB

San Francisco 49ers - Quentin Groves - LB

Green Bay Packers - Reggie Smith DB

New York Giants - Brandon Flowers CB

Thunder&Lightning
03-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Gotta love the chargers pick. Phillips=Dream pick for SD.

The Legend
03-03-2008, 07:27 AM
2nd round will be posted 2mmro tell me what yous guys want and need

DiG
03-03-2008, 07:27 AM
balmer or merling over hardy for the skins please. i dont think that Hardy's stock has pushed him that high into the first. its understandable for the skins why people are giving us a WR but all signs from Washington point to a big penetrating dlineman or a cornerback in rd 1. at this point i would be VERY surprised if the redskins draft a wr rather than acquiring one through FA or trade.

Jakey
03-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Ok Steelers pick...but you keep spelling Pittsburgh wrong, that bugs me :)

The Legend
03-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Ok Steelers pick...but you keep spelling Pittsburgh wrong, that bugs me :)

haha i just saw that i keep copy and pasting that same thing just changing the players

Jakey
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Lol thats better...Good pick then, but Otah would prolly be my preferance there.

The Legend
03-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Lol thats better...Good pick then, but Otah would prolly be my preferance there.

i think i may agree with otah

BaLLiN
03-03-2008, 08:07 AM
the giants have much bigger needs in the secondary, and although this draft has a weak class of linebackers, we definately can't afford a luxury pick like Balmer.

BeerBaron
03-03-2008, 08:24 AM
beautiful bears pick, no quarrel with that one

The Legend
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
the giants have much bigger needs in the secondary, and although this draft has a weak class of linebackers, we definately can't afford a luxury pick like Balmer.

Marcus Howard & Dan Connar i could see

Yatta!
03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Mendenhall and Stewart going high, different but good. Got the Green Bay pick right.

Jakey
03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Marcus Howard & Dan Connar i could see

Howard in round 1??? That would be interesting

hugegmenfan
03-03-2008, 10:07 AM
balmer is an alright pick, but im just weary of his 1 year of productivity- not the type of guy we would draft. Jerry Reese is big on multiple years of solid production and we have bigger needs than DT

gsorace
03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Sorry but I don't understand the Jets pick at all.

thebow305
03-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Awesome phins pick! I would love it if the Rams got Gholston too.

Gutsy Jets pick...

T-RICH49
03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
KC could only be so lucky to be able to choose from Ellis and Dorsey

The Legend
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Howard in round 1??? That would be interesting

it would be a huge risk but but he has alot you could like hes strong
amazing speed, not to small at 240 thou short 6'0
could see it happening with a poor pro day from Connar

Gutsy Jets pick...

thank you lol, Reshard Mendenhall is the most complete back IMO
i could see the Jets taking him as head help there running game out extremely
also maybe light a fire under Thomas Jones that he better play right or hes done
everyone know Jets have a RB problem thats why they brought Flanca in, Jones last yr
only question is was Jones the right person for the job, at the start next yr he'll be 30
so thats why it pick RM maybe you like maybe not but well see what happens

balmer is an alright pick, but im just weary of his 1 year of productivity- not the type of guy we would draft. Jerry Reese is big on multiple years of solid production and we have bigger needs than DT

another player which i belive will be taken in the 2nd round but before you pick is
Josh Barrett lets be honest nobody tought a 230 pound would run a 4.35
he didnt have his best year this year but last year he did pretty good but another reach

Brandon Flowers could be another option but many belive his stock has drop to late 2nd with his bad 40 time, thou i love the kid

maybe a Branden Albert at LG thou maybe not a big need but possible upgrade

in the end it looks like Dan Connar, thou Brandon Jacobs is in the last year of his contact
who know maybe another replacement, if going big there Matt Forte thou bit of a reach

vidae
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
If we take Ellis in round 1, we will probably need to target offensive line in round 2. Good KC pick though.

the decider13
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
idk about the broncos pick. I'm a big malcom kelly fan, but I would rather have chris williams in the first, and earl bennett in the 2nd. I know that is two player from vandy, but I think the vandy trifecta would be amazing.

maybe that's just me

The Legend
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
idk about the broncos pick. I'm a big malcom kelly fan, but I would rather have chris williams in the first, and earl bennett in the 2nd. I know that is two player from vandy, but I think the vandy trifecta would be amazing.

maybe that's just me

from what i was hearing you guys are big on Ryan Harris
also theres not much deep at WR and you need some next to Marshall

TimD
03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I'd rather have Dorsey, Clady, or D.R.C. instead of Mendenhall. Mendenhall is a lot like Jones and with problems on the team why take a position that you are sort of set at over positions of need. We have Jones and Washington and with an improved O line they could have a big year.

nobodyinparticular
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
I just don't know about McFadden right now with Fargas and Bush under contract... I don't know that he would be the guy the Raiders take. In this situation, I honestly think the Raiders might try to trade the pick away, perhaps for a player (WR who might be on the block) or trading down although that's less likely.

I understand that you aren't predicting trades so that's cool, I just think that right now Chris Long and Vernon Gholston are the two guys that the Raiders could target. Beyond that, Davis isn't afraid of trading the pick away when he doesn't think there's value in the draft (see 2005 trade for Moss). The only other option I could see would be Ryan Clady being taken at #4.

The Legend
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I just don't know about McFadden right now with Fargas and Bush under contract... I don't know that he would be the guy the Raiders take. In this situation, I honestly think the Raiders might try to trade the pick away, perhaps for a player (WR who might be on the block) or trading down although that's less likely.

I understand that you aren't predicting trades so that's cool, I just think that right now Chris Long and Vernon Gholston are the two guys that the Raiders could target. Beyond that, Davis isn't afraid of trading the pick away when he doesn't think there's value in the draft (see 2005 trade for Moss). The only other option I could see would be Ryan Clady being taken at #4.

i dont see the Raiders taking a DT with the amount of doe they threw at Kelly
Warren has 40mill contract and Sands was just resign last yr
Clady is a bit of a reach, there not DB/LB/WR top5 i think McFadden is the best pick

thou i agree with you best idea is to trade but not in this mock lol

Bills2083
03-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Please explain the Bills' pick. It doesnt make much sense for us.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Please explain the Bills' pick. It doesnt make much sense for us.

been wating for you to comment on it 2083, to see what you think

Walker from the raiders was sign last year and played RT
i think with the drafting of Clady he could move to RG
where with his size and mobilty maybe better suited
Giving the Bills one of the best young tackle Dou
also giving to great Run Blocking guards to help the run game
also if they fell that Walker is better at Tackle then Clady
Clady has the abilty to play Guard,can give the Bills a killer line

another option could be defensive end giving the Bill a great rush maybe someone like
Harvey or Merling, thou i think the Bills having the Chance to get someone like
Clady cant pass him up on the chance to have and amazing line

hopfully that clears my point up, thou im intrested to see what bill fan think

Edit - i thought Bills sign Bryant Johnson, somethings will be changed

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Good Eagles pick in this situation, WR one of our biggest, if not the biggest need for the Eagles, and you picked a good style WR for our system. A on the pick, B on the rest of round one for me.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Good Eagles pick in this situation, WR one of our biggest, if not the biggest need for the Eagles, and you picked a good style WR for our system. A on the pick, B on the rest of round one for me.

yeah a big target could really help i think McNabb or Kolb will love him
i love the way he catches the ball in the middle its fearless

bigbluedefense
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
i like the Brandon Flowers pick from a talent perspective. I think his press man coverage skills are underrated from a CB standpoint, and he's just a great player.

He's also versatile and can play safety, which would be great for us. Theres 2 things that I see holding us back from drafting him though.

1. character issues. the Giants tend to stay away from them
2. his slow 40 might scare away Reese

but i think reason #1 more than anything else would be the reason why we wouldn't draft him.

I can see it happening though. Other names are Reggie Smith, Antoine Cason, Tracy Porter, Mike Jenkins, DRC, Kenny Phillips.

The Legend
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
i like the Brandon Flowers pick from a talent perspective. I think his press man coverage skills are underrated from a CB standpoint, and he's just a great player.

He's also versatile and can play safety, which would be great for us. Theres 2 things that I see holding us back from drafting him though.

1. character issues. the Giants tend to stay away from them
2. his slow 40 might scare away Reese

but i think reason #1 more than anything else would be the reason why we wouldn't draft him.

I can see it happening though. Other names are Reggie Smith, Antoine Cason, Tracy Porter, Mike Jenkins, DRC, Kenny Phillips.
dont know if this is good or bad
but his character isses are said to be off the field by that i mean he said to be
a great team leader and teamment supporter, also his off the field are not as bad as others like Marcus Thomas lol

Corner x Safety x Linebacker which is a bigger need

also guys there been a few updates enjoy

the decider13
03-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Dont feel like going back to quote...but yeah ryan harris looks like he might be a good pro. The only problem is that he is still a prospect for the most part, as he hasnt played in the NFL. I would feel more confortable if the Broncos decide to go with OL because I dont want Cutler hurt. A couple starters should be back from last years injuries, but a chunk of the line is still old and battered.
idk

The Legend
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
i totaly understand that
and even if you guys draft a OT
Harris maybe can play RT

nobodyinparticular
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
i dont see the Raiders taking a DT with the amount of doe they threw at Kelly
Warren has 40mill contract and Sands was just resign last yr
Clady is a bit of a reach, there not DB/LB/WR top5 i think McFadden is the best pick

thou i agree with you best idea is to trade but not in this mock lol

I agree. I certainly can't see Dorsey. I could maybe, maybe see Ellis, but to arbitrarily through out a percentage chance of that happening, I'd say it's probably about 2-3%.

If there were a top 5 value WR, he would obviously be the pick. I would say that the Raiders needs right now are:

1. WR--This can't even be a question right now--the Raiders need weapons. Specifically, they need fast weapons, guys who can get deep. Sweed might be a fit, but think more along the lines of Desean Jackson, Devin Thomas, etc. Someone like Adarius Bowman is not an option.
2. 2-gap DT--If his last name is Dorsey or Balmer, don't even 2think about it. Ellis is unlikely. Pat Sims, Red Bryant, Marcus Harrison--those guys would be the tragets.
3. DE--With losing Clemons and moving Kelly inside, the Raiders have their RDE spot opened up with no one other than Jay Richardson to fill it. They need someone who can get at the QB opposite Burgess.
4. Oline--The only spot that seems to be secured is LG with Robert Gallery. Rumor has it that Cooper Carlisle opted out of this contract. The Raiders cut their starting LT and RT is in question depending on your opinion of Paul McQuistan. And the Raiders don't have any centers worth anything unless they bring back Jeremy Newberry. They really need a LT who can protect Russell's blind side.

I don't see a need for a DB or a LB, certainly not in the 1st round.

The Legend
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
They really need a LT who can protect Russell's blind side.

do you think Clady is that guy, i could see that happening
not many teams have a top 5 qb & rb, cant see the raiders passing on that chance

The Legend
03-05-2008, 02:12 PM
beautiful bears pick, no quarrel with that one

i wonder do you guys pefer Williams over Clady