PDA

View Full Version : Amobi Okoye

Beans
02-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Okay guys, so what do you all think of Okoye to the Bucs? Personally, he's my favotire chice after CJ.

etk
02-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Joe Thomas is a better prospect but Okoye is a bigger need. Okoye is not far behind but he is the #3 prospect for us IMO.

This is my first post on the new forums and it's all confusing for me. This better be the last change.

Chucky
02-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I still think Alan Branch is the number one DT and should be picked before okoye, but in order one picks it goes CJ thomas, and then branch or anderson

Kinskinks
02-25-2007, 08:05 PM
I think right now Alan Branch is better, but Amobi Okoye has the more potential, and he could theoretically be a starter for 15 years at the top of his game.

Booger
02-25-2007, 10:50 PM
The only reason you take Alan Branch is if you believe that Hovan can play the UT position, and maybe he can.

If we stayed put and selected Branch, I would be rattled. If JT and CJ are off the board, I hope we trade down and take a DL (Branch/Okoye/Adams/Anderson)

Caddy
02-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Personally I like Anderson, Adams and Thomas ahead of him. However he is still an outstanding prospect who could be an effective UT for the Bucs.

Booger
02-26-2007, 09:57 AM
The importance of the UT in our defense cannot be overstated. I would draft Okoye over Adams and Anderson in a heartbeat.

My draft wishlist is as follows:

1) Joe Thomas
2) Calvin Johnson
3) Amobi Okoye

If JT and CJ are gone, ideally, we could trade down and still select Okoye. But honestly, I would be okay if we took Okoye at #4.

Canadian_kid16
02-26-2007, 02:18 PM
The importance of the UT in our defense cannot be overstated. I would draft Okoye over Adams and Anderson in a heartbeat.

My draft wishlist is as follows:

1) Joe Thomas
2) Calvin Johnson
3) Amobi Okoye

If JT and CJ are gone, ideally, we could trade down and still select Okoye. But honestly, I would be okay if we took Okoye at #4.

I would too, or pick Gaines Adams...the best case scenario would be for the Vikings to trade with us...

ks_perfection
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
With CJ and Thomas both gone I can't see anyone offering to trade up.

Booger
02-26-2007, 04:34 PM

I see what you are saying, but if CJ and JT are both gone, two of AP, Russell, and Quinn will still be available. There may be somebody willing to move up for one of those guys.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-26-2007, 08:04 PM

It's always possible Vikings/Texans move up to get a QB.

etk
02-26-2007, 09:23 PM
It's always possible Vikings/Texans move up to get a QB.

If CJ and Thomas are gone, there will either be 2 QBs or a QB and Peterson. Plenty of teams will want to trade up, and we would be eager to. Our management does not want to pay up millions and millions to the #4 draft pick if it is an undeserving defensive lineman that really shouldn't go that high. We could easily trade down with the Phins for a cheap price.

Caddy
02-27-2007, 05:35 AM
If CJ and Thomas are gone, there will either be 2 QBs or a QB and Peterson. Plenty of teams will want to trade up, and we would be eager to. Our management does not want to pay up millions and millions to the #4 draft pick if it is an undeserving defensive lineman that really shouldn't go that high. We could easily trade down with the Phins for a cheap price.

You are overestimating how many teams actually want to trade up. Why would they trade up if they know we are going to pick a D-Lineman

ks_perfection
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
We wouldn't be able to get the big value from a QB or RB simply because teams aren't as desperate to get them as they are for Thomas or CJ. Though if we were to trade down to just save money Im sure we could get teams to trade with us, just not for great value.

Booger
02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
We wouldn't be able to get the big value from a QB or RB simply because teams aren't as desperate to get them as they are for Thomas or CJ. Though if we were to trade down to just save money Im sure we could get teams to trade with us, just not for great value.

I'm not sure how you can know the level of desperation teams have for certain players. I think that you are saying that JT and CJ are the only elite prospects, which may or may not be true. I personally see AP in the same light as Thomas and Johnson.

Bradentonian
02-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I know it will sound crazy to you guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if Carriker was the #1 DL on the Bucs' draft board.

etk
02-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I know it will sound crazy to you guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if Carriker was the #1 DL on the Bucs' draft board.

At what position? It is possible.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-27-2007, 08:10 PM

I think DT is a more pressing need than DE right now, so I think a DT is at the top of the list.

Caddy
02-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I think DT is a more pressing need than DE right now, so I think a DT is at the top of the list.

Carriker could project to UT in our D but he is not worthy of such a high pick

ks_perfection
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
There just fewer teams that have a need for Petterson that draft directly below us than for Thomas or CJ. Arizona, Washington, Miami definitly have no interest in him, fewer options will reduce the trade value.

Tampa 2 4 life
02-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I think a team like the 49ers could take more of a liking to one of the top DLs and try to go up and get him.