PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Bodden's Goal: 10 INT's this season

WMD
03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/leigh_bodden_on_wdfn.htmlNew cornerback Leigh Bodden, acquired with a third-round draft pick from the Cleveland Browns for Shaun Rogers, says he's excited about coming to the Detroit Lions because of the talent he'll be playing with. Maybe he's confusing them with a different Detroit Lions team. Maybe not. But the 26-year-old corner says he's aiming to top his career-high six interceptions with 10 picks.

"My goal is 10," he tells Stoney, on WDFN-AM Detroit. "My goal is set high. I'd like to bring that to this team, and help in any way I can."

Like most cornerbacks, Bodden doesn't lack for confidence. He thinks he can bring all the skills a Tampa 2 corner needs, and then some.

"The Tampa 2 requires that the corners come up and be aggressive with the wide receivers," he says, "and I can do that, and I can also be the cover guy. I've covered some of the best, and I've done it well. So I plan on continuing that here in Detroit."
There's also audio of the interview there at the link. Discuss.

skinzzfan25
03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Just like 10 wins?

:\

bearsfan_51
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
He better hope they schedule the Bears at least 3-4 times and that Grossman is starting.

Prowler
03-03-2008, 09:18 PM
if he gets two in the first two games i'll buy his jersey

Iamcanadian
03-04-2008, 04:48 AM
He just hasn't learned yet what it means to play for Detroit, poor guy is in for a shock.

thule
03-04-2008, 05:07 AM
He did play for the Browns...who were a laughing stock...maybe he's still coming off that high.

Iamcanadian
03-04-2008, 05:17 AM
He did play for the Browns...who were a laughing stock...maybe he's still coming off that high.

They may have been the laughing stock under Butch Davis but they went out and hired one of the best young GM's in the NFL and are on their way to being a dominate team in his 3rd year on the job. We appear to be starting over with so many holes, well, you get the picture.

TacticaLion
03-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Hey... I like the confidence. If he can prove it, he'll win a lot of us over (and make Millen look like a genius).

Or... OK, OK. Not a "genius"... maybe... "smarter"?

Addict
03-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey... I like the confidence. If he can prove it, he'll win a lot of us over (and make Millen look like a genius).

I think the best Millen can do by now is "not insane"

treefi
03-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Jackson, Grossman, and Rodgers should throw plenty of INT's.

bearsfan_51
03-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Actually considering they made that trade after Millen left the building and without his knowledge because he's too stupid to understand how the salary cap works and ****** up the Bengals deal, I'd say it only proves how terrible he really is.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
some dude left a comment and said that teaching fundamentals brings you back and thats why the lions aren't at the next level.... what????

d34ng3l021
03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
he's excited about coming to the Detroit Lions because of the talent he'll be playing with

Haha.

MicJay
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
On D He and Ernie are the talent.

ironman4579
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
some dude left a comment and said that teaching fundamentals brings you back and thats why the lions aren't at the next level.... what????

This is the kind of comment that annoys me. If you're in the NFL, you damn well better know the fundamentals of the game already. Certainly there is teaching involved, but I don't really think the fundamentals is a large part of that teaching. I also find it annoying that whenever people say something like that, they never point out what these "fundamentals" are, or in what way a team or player is lacking in them.

JPLUFF
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
My goal for Lee Bodden....more than 10 games. Just be healthy, I don't care if you have 3 ints or 10.

Fernando Bryant only played more than 10 games once when he was here.

WMD
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
My goal for Lee Bodden....more than 10 games. Just be healthy, I don't care if you have 3 ints or 10.

Fernando Bryant only played more than 10 games once when he was here.

You just jinxed him, you bastard!

bored of education
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Leigh Bodden is funny

JPLUFF
03-06-2008, 08:11 PM
You just jinxed him, you bastard!

Snap...undo, undo

TacticaLion
03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Actually considering they made that trade after Millen left the building and without his knowledge because he's too stupid to understand how the salary cap works and ****** up the Bengals deal, I'd say it only proves how terrible he really is.

Without Millen being as horrible as he is, he would've never left that building (for the strip club) and the deal for Bodden would've never been made.

Basically, Millen being terrible is what made the deal happen. I have a lot of respect for him.

P-L
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Personally, I'd like teams to not throw towards his side enough for him to get 10 INT's.