PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pneumonia, other

villagewarrior
03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Hello friends. What was once a cold has turned into full blown pneumonia. I essentially can't breath and I was coughing up blood this morning. I just feel like venting.

I for one will miss Brett Favre. He was the greatest QB of all time, bar none, and the youthful exuberance with which he played the game was awesome and rejuvenating. Good bye Brett, the world of sports will not be the same without you.

BPhilb
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Hello friends. What was once a cold has turned into full blown pneumonia. I essentially can't breath and I was coughing up blood this morning. I just feel like venting.

I for one will miss Brett Favre. He was the greatest QB of all time, bar none, and the youthful exuberance with which he played the game was awesome and rejuvenating. Good bye Brett, the world of sports will not be the same without you.

Sorry to hear that Village. Hopefully things will get better for you soon. It will probably help all of us when the damn weather gets some
consistency.

As far as Farve it was somewhat suprising given his level of play last year, but they have set themselves up well for this with the addition of Rogers a couple of years back and given they don't have any glaring holes they can probably grab one of the QB crop in round 2 or 3 of this years draft. Great career though and it will be interesting to see how the Packers move forward.

vidae
03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Ack, I hope you feel better. That is some nasty stuff. The weather IS getting nicer though. We'll see how long that continues.

Favre is the best QB to ever play this game, I really believe that. Without question. And there are a lot of really great QBs.

It was a little shocking to find this out today. They had an explosive offense with Ryan Grant coming into his own and their receivers stepping up and making big plays, and Brett was playing like he always did. They went 13-3, went to the NFC championship game, and now he retires? After listening to his message to Chris Mortensen, I can understand it. If he comes back and doesn't win a Super Bowl, he would view it as a failure.

Oh well. Always enjoyed watching him play, even when they beat us this past season. You can tell how much he enjoyed the game.

bored of education
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Favre will sign with the Chiefs!!!!!!! boo