PDA

View Full Version : TJ Duckett to Seattle

lionsfan81
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
http://spartannation.com/?p=3757

The guy has a relationship with TJ, so I believe it to be true.

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
There goes rb in rd 1 for them, duckett, morris will both be there, and alexander has at least another yr for them, im surprised detroit let him go he's a good bruiser back for a committee.

BamaFalcon59
03-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Was his 50 plus yarder good this year? I know he had one, but I never saw it. Was wondering if he looked fast, he was pretty fast for his size while in Atlanta but in his last year here he tip toed through the hole too much.

toonsterwu
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, this probably rules out RB for now. I'd lean towards TE or WR. Don't sleep on WR, which doesn't get mentioned as much. They could use a big receiver if Hackett doesn't resign, and, well, they could use a potential stud WR anyways.

Geo
03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
No more Seattle trading up for a back in your mocks, toon. :)

Also, re: wide receiver, don't forget Branch tore his ACL (or some injury of similar consequence) in the playoff game against the Packers. He won't be recovered by the start of the season.

As for Duckett, I think it's a good signing. For whatever reasons, he hasn't received many carries the last two years.

neko4
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
i wouldnt completly count out a RB, if Stewart/Mendenhall lands in their laps, i would find it hard to pass on them

LonghornsLegend
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Was his 50 plus yarder good this year? I know he had one, but I never saw it. Was wondering if he looked fast, he was pretty fast for his size while in Atlanta but in his last year here he tip toed through the hole too much.

Why did ATL ever let him go?? I thought he was always solid for you guys, and he would of been a good back to go with Norwood, he's a bruiser and when he got to going he was damn near impossible to tackle...He ran all the way through Dallas this year, if healthy he's like a Brandon Jacobs.

i wouldnt completly count out a RB, if Stewart/Mendenhall lands in their laps, i would find it hard to pass on them

who would be the odd man out then? I cant believe a team signs a guy with no intentions on using him.

gpngc
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
If Branden Albert falls past Pittsburgh, I think we'll take him.

But then again what do I know...

WMD
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Good signing, I was hoping the Lions would try to resign him.

A Perfect Score
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
ive said it all along, seattle is my sleeper to take a QB in the first, especially if brohm drops to them. Hes a perfect fit for their system, and they can get good value at TE/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. Dont count it out. That way, holmgren has a year to work his guru skills on the new QB before he calls it quits. The seahawks have few holes, thats my pick for them.

gpngc
03-04-2008, 07:53 PM
ive said it all along, seattle is my sleeper to take a QB in the first, especially if brohm drops to them. Hes a perfect fit for their system, and they can get good value at TE/WR in the 2nd and 3rd. Dont count it out. That way, holmgren has a year to work his guru skills on the new QB before he calls it quits. The seahawks have few holes, thats my pick for them.

Why would Holmgren want to draft a QB to sit on the bench in his final year (especially with a good team)? If the Seahawks draft a QB, it won't be because Holmgren wants them to...

A Perfect Score
03-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Why would Holmgren want to draft a QB to sit on the bench in his final year (especially with a good team)? If the Seahawks draft a QB, it won't be because Holmgren wants them to...

i never said it would be because holmgren wanted them too...it would be management trying to prepare for the future, and wanting holmgren to have an influence on the QB before he called it quits.

jballa838
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Possibly the dumbest thing as a seahawks fan I have ever read. We traded a 6th for Charlie Frye, still have Seneca Wallace, still have David Greene, and Matt's about 32, which isn't old. I really think we will draft a WR/TE/RB (all are 3 deep at top) or some stud lineman who falls far.
Brennan is a better fit because he is more mobile and more accurate. I can't believe you have Brohm as your #2 QB and you used the statement "If he falls. . ." I guarantee he falls. Flacco doesnt fit the system, but Holmgren is one and done anyway, so give Mora the superfreak

skinzzfan25
03-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Duckett is terrible.

For a big back, he's terrible in short yardage situations. I've never seen a back tiptoe though the hole like him; he runs soft.

To even compare him to Brandon Jacobs is an insult.

A Perfect Score
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Possibly the dumbest thing as a seahawks fan I have ever read. We traded a 6th for Charlie Frye, still have Seneca Wallace, still have David Greene, and Matt's about 32, which isn't old. I really think we will draft a WR/TE/RB (all are 3 deep at top) or some stud lineman who falls far.
Brennan is a better fit because he is more mobile and more accurate. I can't believe you have Brohm as your #2 QB and you used the statement "If he falls. . ." I guarantee he falls. Flacco doesnt fit the system, but Holmgren is one and done anyway, so give Mora the superfreak

several things...im not a hawks fan, jsut as someone who does mock drafts, thats something i would consider when thinking of their pick. I dont have Brohm as my #2 QB, but alot of people would, and I do think he will fall to around the seahawks pick, thats why i suggested that he would be good value there...i didnt mean to offend you, i was just saying it was something to consider. Clearly i angered you in some way, but really, i jsut thought that maybe a team with few holes would want a known QB guru to have some time with a Qb on their roster before he calls it quits.

Your right, brennan is a better fit, but he doesnt have first round value. At this point in time, brohm does.

gpngc
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Duckett is terrible.

For a big back, he's terrible in short yardage situations. I've never seen a back tiptoe though the hole like him; he runs soft.

To even compare him to Brandon Jacobs is an insult.

Then you obviously haven't seen Shaun Alexander this past season.

ks_perfection
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Surprising signing as Alexander is a power back and Duckett is just a short yardage back. Alexander isn't too effective anymore, but if Seattle thought so they'd release him or get him to restructure.

Shouldnt affect whether they draft a rb in round 1. No one is thinking, "Now that we have Duckett our future RB situation is solved".

d34ng3l021
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah. Duckett ran with no power. He tip toed through holes and got taken down. His first couple of years he was good though.

Stupid bust of a pick.

Thunder&Lightning
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Ya I wouldnt rule out RB at all. Duckett is overrated. Never really has proven himself at least in my eyes. If what you guys are saying is true that he tiptoes through the line then they need to seriously think about getting a back. Morris is proven but hes average. Overall decent sign by the seahawks but Duckett is definitely not the answer.

DawgBone
03-04-2008, 09:11 PM

For those reasons your completely wrong. If Holmgren only has 1 year left, why would he draft a position in the 1st round that he will never see play? He will go for emediate need and try to win.

GaMeTiMe
03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
They'll still go RB in the first. Alexander has a year left at the most and Duckett has proven time and time again he's hardly an NFL back. Decent in short yardage, but that's about it.

I still have them going Chris Johnson. He's the perfect pair with Duckett. Alexander is toast there, and Morris is a backup.

#1chiefs_fan
03-05-2008, 03:34 AM
i dont get why Duckett keeps signing with teams to be 3rd running back. After atlanta cut him two years ago, he went to the redskins to play behind portis and betts and he never played. The following year he goes to lions, who had just recently signed tatum bell and already kevin jones and he got decent playing time towards the end of the season. He needed to find a team where he can be the 2nd running back and get playing time. I dont know just my 2 cents. :)

BaLLiN
03-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Didnt he get traded from Atlanta to the Redskins? I think in a 3 way for Ashley Lelie or something.

TimD
03-05-2008, 08:10 AM

They also do have Charlie Frye. I know laugh, but he could definitely become the starter in the next few years.

TimD
03-05-2008, 08:12 AM
i dont get why Duckett keeps signing with teams to be 3rd running back. After atlanta cut him two years ago, he went to the redskins to play behind portis and betts and he never played. The following year he goes to lions, who had just recently signed tatum bell and already kevin jones and he got decent playing time towards the end of the season. He needed to find a team where he can be the 2nd running back and get playing time. I dont know just my 2 cents. :)

If he came to NY he would have been the starter and then maybe we wouldn't have signed Thomas Jones.

HawkeyeFan
03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Great. An already undersized Rams defense will get the **** beat out of them in Seattle.

portermvp84
03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I like the signing...Duckett would be perfect for goal line situations.

Primetime21
03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I like the signing...Duckett would be perfect for goal line situations.

Plus for a while the Hawks have been horrible on 3rd/4th and short. Actually pretty sure ever since Hutch left we have been pretty ******.