PDA

View Full Version : So.....

familyguy555
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
who do you guys think we will get in FA?

Xiomera
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Kevin Curtis!

WMD
02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Kevin Curtis and a veteran MLB.

detroit4life
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
i think they're going to push hard for london fletcher and i think curtis should be an easy one for them so i'd say those two will be the most notable ones

wingboy2999
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
MLB and WR.... I'd love to deal with that in FA so we don't have to get them in the draft.

Scotty D
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Kevin Curtis and London Fletcher. Hopefully a surprise.

detroit4life
02-25-2007, 10:38 PM
yea a CB would be great along with an OLinemen or a DE if theres any good ones out there

Scotty D
02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I think Leonard Davis would be a good pick up as an OG.

Addict
02-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I think Leonard Davis would be a good pick up as an OG.

Leonard Davis would indeed be a great OG. Except for the fact he's gonna demand LT money, which would mean we'd have to immensly overpay the guy.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Anybody think we have a chance at Derrick Dockery? He would be a nice pick up. Steinbach is not an option because we have no chance to get him because he the best option on the O-line in FA and Dielman is unlikely from San Diego IMO because I think he will go to Miami and follow Cam Cameron.

JPLUFF
02-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I didn't even realize Derrick Dockery was still in the league. I don't think Leonard Davis is an option seeing as how we have so much cap space tied into our Offensive Line as it is. Hopefully a stud CB or MLB will be there (Nate Clements or London Fletcher), but neither would sign here probably.

Addict
02-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Well actually. Instead of paying a fortune for:
Davis, who is a good guard but a crappy left tackle, and he'll want LT money
Clements, who is a top 20 corner, but wants top 5 money
Steinbach or Dielman, who are both aiming for Hutchinson-like contracts

I agree we may want to take a looksie at Steinbach and/or Dielman... but there is no way we could cherish this cap space and hang onto it for next year? that way we don't insanely overpay these guys and next year in a hopefully stronger FA class can really attract some difference-makers?

Aard
02-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm interested to see which RB(s) we pursue in free agency.

detroit4life
02-26-2007, 04:50 PM
why do you think they'll seriously push for one? KJ is progressing nicely and calhoun will be back next year. Harris might be a FA im not sure but whover we go after would at best split carries with calhoun as a back up

familyguy555
02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
why do you think they'll seriously push for one? KJ is progressing nicely and calhoun will be back next year. Harris might be a FA im not sure but whover we go after would at best split carries with calhoun as a back up

Isnt KJ contract almost over. If so I cant see the Lions re-signing him bc of injuries. Calhoun I cant see being a full time starter but a great backup. I think we should at least try and grab someone in FA. Definitely not a full time starter, but a nice RB to help out Calhoun.

bearsfan_51
02-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.

JPLUFF
02-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Are you think Kevin Curtis to start over Furry? Because I think he can find a starting spot out there. He's arguably the best FA WR available.

I think with the numbers Furrey put up last year in this system that'd it be unlikely, but he could definitely earn the spot in camp.

detroit4life
02-26-2007, 08:38 PM
yes furrey would be the slot reciever with curtis at #2

detroit4life
02-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Isnt KJ contract almost over. If so I cant see the Lions re-signing him bc of injuries. Calhoun I cant see being a full time starter but a great backup. I think we should at least try and grab someone in FA. Definitely not a full time starter, but a nice RB to help out Calhoun.

i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD

Notredameleo
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm Hoping for Curtis and Fletcher-Baker, and maybe a surprise like Steinbach or Dielman

TacticaLion
02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Fletcher is gone... according to Tom Kowalski (sp?).

That leaves MLB as a position of need.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
i dont think its that close and the coaches love KJ and will definitly resign him when his contract is up if they were thinking that he's going to be gona soon im pretty sure they'd take AD

If we do resign him his contract will have a mojority of the money obtainible through incentives.

detknowitall
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.

Addict
02-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Mike Doss. He's experienced at the safety position and has worked in the Cover 2 under Dungy. The Lions aren't sold on Terrance Holt and Kenoy kennedy as safeties. He should be considerably cheaper than alot of other FA. I also wouldnt mind getting Nick Harper.

Aren't we (over)paying Kennedy a lot of money?

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Doss is coming off a major injury. He is only 80 % right now but should be ready by training camp. I wouldn't want him. though given the injury Stick with Kennedy for one more year and Bullocks at free safety. Kennedy and Doss are strong safeties and Bullocks should be a strong safety. I guess it doesn't matter in the Cover 2 in terms of strong and free safety though but I would like a typical free safety on the roster. Deon Grant from Jax would work as long as we get him at a reasonable price. However, we have bigger needs right now than safety.

Xiomera
02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Aren't we (over)paying Kennedy a lot of money?
Yes we are . . . all he has been doing is getting arrested.

detknowitall
02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Doss is coming off a major injury. He is only 80 % right now but should be ready by training camp. I wouldn't want him. though given the injury Stick with Kennedy for one more year and Bullocks at free safety. Kennedy and Doss are strong safeties and Bullocks should be a strong safety. I guess it doesn't matter in the Cover 2 in terms of strong and free safety though but I would like a typical free safety on the roster. Deon Grant from Jax would work as long as we get him at a reasonable price. However, we have bigger needs right now than safety.

The Question isnt what is a bigger need it was who would you like to get from FA. Doss can run and has big hitting capabilities. Thats the guy you want in a cover 2 system. Deon Grant would be good but doesnt have the experience in a cover 2 like Doss does. Kennedy is not suited at all to the Cover 2 scheme. He's not really helping out at all. Bullocks played way better than kennedy did last year. Cut Kennedy and sign Doss to a 2-3 year deal.

Xiomera
03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
We are probably gonna go after DE Dewayne White from Tampa. He'd be a good signing.

Xiomera
03-01-2007, 12:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2784159

Lists Detroit as a possible landing spot for Cato June . . . ??? Another OLB? Makes no sense to me.

Also, DT Robaire Smith possibly to Detroit? Another DT? WTF?

FS Kevin Kaesviharn (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5831) as a possibility for Detroit? Hmmm . . .

Overall, a very strange list.