PDA

View Full Version : Brothers soon to be teammates

Jimmy
03-05-2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_8455037

Boss Bailey is visiting the Broncos for 2 days

"First of all, we need him, that's the biggest thing above him being my brother," Champ Bailey said Tuesday. "It would be great for us. Hopefully, we'll get it done ... There's no question, this is where Boss wants to be."

Champ has talked to his brother, obviously Boss said he wants to play for the Denver Broncos. Only thing standing in the way is $$$, and they haven't gone nuts so far this year. This would be a great move on their part, as it provides competition for Winborn in camp at Strongside. The Broncos will have an above average linebacking corps once again with Koutouvides at MLB, Bailey or Winborn at SLB, and DJ Williams back at WLB. If Williams won the MLB job over Koutouvides, the Broncos would have the fastest linebacking corps in the NF:

WMD
03-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Boss Bailey is the suck. At least, he was on the Lions.. he'll probably be a Pro Bowler on any other team.

TimD
03-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Wow I always knew they were brothers but I never stopped to think about their names. Champ and Boss. That's awesome.

LonghornsLegend
03-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow I always knew they were brothers but I never stopped to think about their names. Champ and Boss. That's awesome.

That is pretty awesome, their dad knew he was going to have some athletes...I never stopped to even think they were brothers.

TimD
03-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Aw man. This is just disappointing.

Roland "Champ" Bailey is an American football player, starting at cornerback for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. His mother nicknamed him "Champ" at an early age.

Rodney "Boss" Bailey is an American football linebacker for the Detroit Lions of the NFL. He is the younger brother of Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey, and received the nickname "Boss" from his mother.

Roland and Rodney

Jimmy
03-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Aw man. This is just disappointing.

Roland and Rodney

that's sick. even more twinish. except one's 6'3 two-thirtysomething
and champs 6'0 195

TimD
03-05-2008, 08:43 AM
that's sick. even more twinish. except one's 6'3 two-thirtysomething
and champs 6'0 195

Haha but they're both great athletes. Too bad there isn't another one who is like a beast DL. Then those 3 can dominate an offense together

Gay Ork Wang
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Haha but they're both great athletes. Too bad there isn't another one who is like a beast DL. Then those 3 can dominate an offense together
His Mom prolly is!

I guess it would be a nice addition, the LB Corps of the Broncos really need help

Thunder&Lightning
03-05-2008, 09:38 AM
How many brothers are there in the NFL I only know of 3.

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers

The McQuistans.

DaBears9654
03-05-2008, 09:54 AM

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers
RB's Thomas & Julius Jones. I'm too lazy to research whether the Gbaja-Biamila bros. (Kabeer & Akbar) are both still in the league.

energizerbunny
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Boss was even more a freak before the knee injuries

P-L
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, the Broncos have a new SLB to infuriate njx and other Broncos fans. Hopefully for their sake, he's a little better than Ian Gold.

Willy-Tstr8UpG
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Kris and Cullen Jenkins are bros

Go Blue
03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Terrance and Torry Holt

Diehard
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Well, the Broncos have a new SLB to infuriate njx and other Broncos fans. Hopefully for their sake, he's a little better than Ian Gold.

I'd prefer Gold to be honest. Bailey can't tackle, handle blocks or hold up at the point of attack, so he utterly sucks on the strong side. But we don't have a spot for him on the weakside. We also wouldn't be able to cut him without mortally offending his older brother... who just happens to be one of our top players.

The entire upside of this move seems to be "Champ & Boss... cool!". Hard to see how that helps our team.

LonghornsLegend
03-05-2008, 10:44 AM

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers

Dawan and Laron Landry, Michael Griffin and soon to be Marcus Griffin...two sets of safeties that are brothers. Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss also.

Komp
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
This is great news for the Raiders. Boss Bailey is terrible. Not Kwame Harris terrible, but bad nonetheless.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-05-2008, 10:57 AM
the Bulluck brothers (the Saint and Lion boys, not Keith)

all these brothers make me wish i wasn't an only child, then maybe i could have made it.....

defensiveback23
03-05-2008, 10:58 AM

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers

The McCown brothers also.

I always liked Boss Bailey, hate to see him go to a division rival. He's got great wheels and maybe he can rejuvenate himself in a new environment.

awfullyquiet
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
just to add the ayenbadejo's too.

although i don't know if ofi is still around.

Jimmy
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
This is great news for the Raiders. Boss Bailey is terrible. Not Kwame Harris terrible, but bad nonetheless.

Javon Walker. Kwame Harris. Tommy Kelly.

Gay Ork Wang
03-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Andre (coming) and Reche Caldwell

Vikes99ej
03-05-2008, 12:47 PM

1.Manning Brothers
2.Palmer Brothers
3.Baily Brothers

Aaron and Matt Schobel are brothers and I believe Chester Taylor and Chris Taylor are as well.

PackerLegend
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players_l/20070814/4655.jpg http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nfl/players_l/20070814/6370.jpg

hmm........ I guess I see it.

TimD
03-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Matt Schobel (phi) and Aaron Schobel (buf)

Gay Ork Wang
03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
The Beard!!!

Go_Eagles77
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Shawn and Stacy Andrews

http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/35724.jpg

http://o.aolcdn.com/art/sportsdata/nfl/players/hs_6882.jpg

Also Brian and Byron Westbrook, and Lito Sheppard and Jabar Gaffney are cousins.

nobodyinparticular
03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_8455037

Boss Bailey is visiting the Broncos for 2 days

"First of all, we need him, that's the biggest thing above him being my brother," Champ Bailey said Tuesday. "It would be great for us. Hopefully, we'll get it done ... There's no question, this is where Boss wants to be."

Champ has talked to his brother, obviously Boss said he wants to play for the Denver Broncos. Only thing standing in the way is $$$, and they haven't gone nuts so far this year. This would be a great move on their part, as it provides competition for Winborn in camp at Strongside. The Broncos will have an above average linebacking corps once again with Koutouvides at MLB, Bailey or Winborn at SLB, and DJ Williams back at WLB. If Williams won the MLB job over Koutouvides, the Broncos would have the fastest linebacking corps in the NF:

Really? Above average with a career special teamer taking over at MLB and a career "I suck" LB battling out a journeyman at SLB? Amazing logic.

Diehard
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Really? Above average with a career special teamer taking over at MLB and a career "I suck" LB battling out a journeyman at SLB? Amazing logic.

It's actually surprising how many Denver fans think Boss Bailey is good simply because of his last name. If only they'd watch a few Lions games... they'd realize the awful truth.

I think Niko is an okay addition - he does the kind of things that our LB's don't seem to be able to do... like tackle... and play special teams. Is he a starter? We'll have to find out.

Anyway, I think our LB corps is very much in transition, which is a nice way of saying the team knows it sucks and is trying to do something about it. We could easily burn 2 draft picks on LB's... but then there's DT, OT, S, WR, KR, K, P, etc. Some many needs, so few picks...

BaLLiN
03-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Sinorice Moss, Santanna Moss are brothers

The Legend
03-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Full List

01. Matt Schobel and Aaron Schobel
02. Shawn Andrews and Stacy Andrews
03. Brian Westbrook and Byron Westbrook
04. Champ Bailey and Boss Bailey
05. Eli Manning and Peyton Manning
06. Jordan Palmer and Carson Palmer
07. Paul McQuistans and Pat McQuistan
08. Thomas Jones & Julius Jones
09. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila and Akbar Gbaja-Biamila
10. Kris Jenkins and Cullen Jenkins
11. Terrance and Torry Holt
12. Dawan and Laron Landry
13. Michael Griffin and Marcus Griffin*
14. Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss
15. Josh Bulluck and Daniel Bulluck
16. Andre Caldwell and Reche Caldwell*
17. Chester Taylor and Chris Taylor
18. Kris Brown And Josh Brown
19. Adrian Peterson and Mike Peterson
20. Michael Vick and Marcus Vick

nobodyinparticular
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM

Had anyone else mentioned the Jones brothers? I don't remember anyone bringing them up which is interesting considering the numbers of Dallas, Chicago and NYJ fans on the boards.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
In 4-5 years, Arthur and Bryce Brown.

Vikes99ej
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Full List

Full list my arse, still missing Tim and Matt Hasselbeck!!!

Go_Eagles77
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Full list my arse, still missing Tim and Matt Hasselbeck!!!

Also Jerome and Stockar McDougle and David and Kenny Irons. Idk could we still count Michael and Marcus Vick? lol

BamaFalcon59
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Jordan (SEA DB) and Jonathan Babineaux (ATL DT) are brothers.

BamaFalcon59
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Shawn and Stacy Andrews are brothers? They must destroy buffes when they go together.

yourfavestoner
03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
So signing a linebacker who is completely incapable of stopping the run is supposed to help the league's worst run defense. Riiiiight....

Jimmy
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM

it must make some sense, otherwise we wouldn't be paying them. It's called healthy competition. The move provides depth. Koutouvides is no Lofa Tatupu, there's a reason that he was benched. But he can penetrate and stop the run, something DJ didn't excel at, something we need as one of the worst run defenses in the NFL And of course, I think Boss will battle it out with our "journeyman." Did you ever consider that fast outside linebackers thrive in Denver? No? Oh, well as boss definitely has above average potential, he has the speed, and those types of linebackers thrive in Denver. If you really look deep into things, you never know, there just might be logic.

nobodyinparticular
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
it must make some sense, otherwise we wouldn't be paying them. It's called healthy competition. The move provides depth. Koutouvides is no Lofa Tatupu, there's a reason that he was benched. But he can penetrate and stop the run, something DJ didn't excel at, something we need as one of the worst run defenses in the NFL And of course, I think Boss will battle it out with our "journeyman." Did you ever consider that fast outside linebackers thrive in Denver? No? Oh, well as boss definitely has above average potential, he has the speed, and those types of linebackers thrive in Denver. If you really look deep into things, you never know, there just might be logic.

Because Gold really thrived in Mile High last year... Oh wait...

Yes, of course it makes sense since you are paying them. It's not like people can overspend like the Raiders, right? Afterall, it must make sense to give Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker $100 million over the next 6 years, right? Otherwise they wouldn't be paying them. Right?

skinzzfan25
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Erin Henderson (this draft) and E.J. Henderson.

Sick brother LB duo lol.

49ersfan_87
03-05-2008, 05:20 PM

Yes, of course it makes sense since you are paying them. It's not like people can overspend like the Raiders, right? Afterall, it must make sense to give Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker $100 million over the next 6 years, right? Otherwise they wouldn't be paying them. Right?

Yeah i hate that "well theyre professionals and know more than you" arguement. By that logic you could never criticize a deal/transaction.

WMD
03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Kevin Jones and Matt Jones.

chug o nomics
03-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Akin and Remi Ayodele... Not sure about Victor and Rob Abiamiri. It just catches my eyes how they both were from MD and share an unusual last name.

GB12
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
http://www.davesez.com/images/Vick.JPG

http://www.downtownpet.com/blog/uploaded_images/michael.vick.giving.finger-744500.jpg

VoteLynnSwan
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Full List

Adrian Peterson and Mike Peterson

http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/33176.jpg http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/27021.jpg

Yung Flippa
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Damn, their parents are defentily unique in naming them. Boss & Champ.

TacticaLion
03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Boss is a great player... if you want a LBer that can sprint to the action and either miss a tackle or let them run by you.

He'd make a better ref, tbh.

nobodyinparticular
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Boss is a great player... if you want a LBer that can sprint to the action and either miss a tackle or let them run by you.

He'd make a better ref, tbh.

Haha, nice.

Go_Eagles77
03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Akin and Remi Ayodele... Not sure about Victor and Rob Abiamiri. It just catches my eyes how they both were from MD and share an unusual last name.

Oh yeah Victor and Rob are bros too, forgot about them.

stephenson86
03-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Shawn and Stacy Andrews are brothers? They must destroy buffes when they go together.

imagine them on the same team

TimD
03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Kevin Jones and Matt Jones.

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Jones_XBody_1121.JPG

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/f8e6d8c2-67ab-48a3-834e-9cfc6bf398bc_ms.jpeg

I see the resemblance

nobodyinparticular
03-05-2008, 07:00 PM
http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/Jones_XBody_1121.JPG

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/f8e6d8c2-67ab-48a3-834e-9cfc6bf398bc_ms.jpeg

I see the resemblance

Oh yea, absolutely.

BaLLiN
03-05-2008, 07:18 PM
http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/20684.jpg
http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/15499.jpg

toonsterwu
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I like the gamble. Now, if they break open the bank for Boss, then no. Bad idea. But if it's a low cost gamble? Sure, why not. I haven't followed for a couple years, but I figure he's still a solid athlete. Maybe having his brother around can prod him a bit.

Btw, as a side note, best set of brother names (anywhere) I've ever heard was

Majestic and Scientific Mapp

And they were legit names too.

Jimmy
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow, for someone who uses logic as their main argument...

Do you base every single player's career on their last season? I mean, since gold had a crap season last year, that means he never was effective in our system, right? My point is: Gold wasn't always a piece of ****. There was a stretch a few years ago where he could wrap up and tackle, and he could have even made a run for a pro bowl spot. He was effective in our system, as speed linebackers are effective in the Denver defense. One season doesn't erase several years of above average play. Ian just couldn't tackle last season, he sucked. I can promise you, Boss can tackle better then Gold. 99% of Bronco Nation will agree with me. Gold tackles like an average nfl corner now a days

Second, it does make sense because were not paying them absurd amounts of money. We're paying these guys a small fraction of what your two studs are making. In other words, we aren't shooting ourselves in the mouth if they backfire. It's not like we've invested a quarter of our cap in them. These guys will be lucky to make a total of 40 mil combined over the next 6 years.

Are are you seriously comparing the contracts of Kelly and Walker to contracts of Boss and Niko? so yeah, i see how you're trying to put me on the spot by quoting me, but it doesn't look good when youre off by.. oh... 60 million. But... whats 60 million when you root for the raiders? Gotta be used to it by now.

TacticaLion
03-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I can promise you, Boss can tackle better then Gold. 99% of Bronco Nation will agree with me. Oh wow.

I've watched every Lions game... and I can tell you that the 1% of Bronco Nation might be right.

Gold might tackle like an average NFL CB... but Boss rarely tackles at all. He runs himself completely out of plays, can't shed blocks and, in the rare moment that he actually gets close to the ball carrier, usually whiffs (or throws an arm tackle towards him).

Boss has a lot of speed, but isn't physical and doesn't make plays. Keep in mind: Marinelli wants speed on defense, but wouldn't consider bringing Boss back. Should say something.

Komp
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Jimmy, what does the Raiders offseason have to do with Boss Bailey being a subpar LB? Quit changing the subject. He's not a very good player and neither him or the Greek guy are going to make a substantial improvement to your defense.

lionsfan81
03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh wow.

I've watched every Lions game... and I can tell you that the 1% of Bronco Nation might be right.

Gold might tackle like an average NFL CB... but Boss rarely tackles at all. He runs himself completely out of plays, can't shed blocks and, in the rare moment that he actually gets close to the ball carrier, usually whiffs (or throws an arm tackle towards him).

Boss has a lot of speed, but isn't physical and doesn't make plays. Keep in mind: Marinelli wants speed on defense, but wouldn't consider bringing Boss back. Should say something.

I saw Boss make a sack this year, and I just about sh** myself. I just couldn't believe it. I honestly think it was one of the first significant plays I ever saw Boss make.

senormysterioso
03-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Are AJ and Jay Feely brothers?

BaLLiN
03-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Are AJ and Jay Feely brothers?

I dont think so...

TacticaLion
03-06-2008, 08:03 AM
I saw Boss make a sack this year, and I just about sh** myself. I just couldn't believe it. I honestly think it was one of the first significant plays I ever saw Boss make.

Haha! I know!

And, the best part with Boss: he'll be quiet the entire game... basically on the field to fulfill the 11 man requirement, but not making an impact... and the ball carrier will run right towards him and trip and fall. So, Boss falls on him (he's not bad at that), gets up and has a freaking CELEBRATION!

I've never seen a player celebrate so much for doing so little. Each of the 2 tackles he gets in one game (a good game, FYI), you'll know... because he'll have a party.

YAYareaRB
03-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Obafemi Ayanbadejo
Brendon Ayanbadejo

Gay Ork Wang
03-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Haha! I know!

And, the best part with Boss: he'll be quiet the entire game... basically on the field to fulfill the 11 man requirement, but not making an impact... and the ball carrier will run right towards him and trip and fall. So, Boss falls on him (he's not bad at that), gets up and has a freaking CELEBRATION!

I've never seen a player celebrate so much for doing so little. Each of the 2 tackles he gets in one game (a good game, FYI), you'll know... because he'll have a party.
well the pats really did that in some games especially the giants game, after every pass break up Rodney Harrison was like he intercepted eli

The Legend
03-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Kris Brown & Josh Brown

jason96r
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
It is actually spelled Bullocks for Josh and Daniel. The Bullocks brothers are also twins. They both played at Nebraska, both at Safety, and were both picked in the exact same position in the 2nd rd I believe a year apart.

senormysterioso
03-06-2008, 12:04 PM
speaking of safties, has anybody mentioned LaRon and Dewan Landry

Gay Ork Wang
03-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Dawan and Laron Landry, Michael Griffin and soon to be Marcus Griffin...two sets of safeties that are brothers. Santana Moss and Sinorice Moss also.
yea we did ;)

PackerLegend
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
How about the Jones brothers theres 32 of them. Or the Williams brothers, theres 53 of them!

Adrian Jones T Kansas City Chiefs
Aki Jones DT Washington Redskins
Brandon Jones WR Tennessee Titans
Brian Jones TE New England Patriots
C.J. Jones WR New England Patriots
Chris Jones WR Seattle Seahawks
David Jones CB Cincinnati Bengals
Derrick Jones DE Atlanta Falcons
Dhani Jones LB Cincinnati Bengals
Donnie Jones P St. Louis Rams
Edgar Jones LB Baltimore Ravens
Garrick Jones T Atlanta Falcons
Greg Jones RB Jacksonville Jaguars
Herana-Daze Jones S Cincinnati Bengals
Jacoby Jones WR Houston Texans
Jamal Jones WR Philadelphia Eagles
James Jones WR Green Bay Packers
Jim Jones G Washington Redskins
Julius Jones RB Dallas Cowboys
Kevin Jones RB Detroit Lions
Levi Jones T Cincinnati Bengals
Mark Jones WR Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Matt Jones WR Jacksonville Jaguars
Mike Jones G Chicago Bears
Nathan Jones CB Dallas Cowboys
Onrea Jones WR Indianapolis Colts
Pacman Jones CB Tennessee Titans
Sean Jones S Cleveland Browns
Tebucky Jones S New England Patriots
Terry Jones TE San Francisco 49ers
Thomas Jones RB New York Jets
Walter Jones

Andrew Williams DE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bobbie Williams G Cincinnati Bengals
Boo Williams TE New York Giants
Brandon Williams CB Cincinnati Bengals
Brandon Williams WR St. Louis Rams
Brian Williams CB Jacksonville Jaguars
Carnell Williams RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Chad Williams S Kansas City Chiefs
Chandler Williams WR Miami Dolphins
Corey Williams DT Cleveland Browns
D.J. Williams LB Denver Broncos
Darius Williams TE Detroit Lions
DeAngelo Williams RB Carolina Panthers
Demetrius Williams WR Baltimore Ravens
Demorrio Williams LB Kansas City Chiefs
Domanick Williams RB Houston Texans
Gemara Williams DB New England Patriots
Harry Williams WR Houston Texans
Jamal Williams DT San Diego Chargers
Jamar Williams LB Chicago Bears
Jimmy Williams S Atlanta Falcons
Jimmy Williams CB Seattle Seahawks
Josh Williams DT New Orleans Saints
Kevin Williams DT Minnesota Vikings
Kyle Williams DT Buffalo Bills
Kyle Williams T Seattle Seahawks
Lenny Williams CB Dallas Cowboys
Leon Williams LB Cleveland Browns
Madieu Williams S Minnesota Vikings
Mario Williams DE Houston Texans
Maurice Williams T Jacksonville Jaguars
Mike Williams T Jacksonville Jaguars
Mike Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Moe Williams RB St. Louis Rams
Pat Williams DT Minnesota Vikings
Paul Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Randal Williams TE Oakland Raiders
Reggie Williams WR Jacksonville Jaguars
Renauld Williams LB San Francisco 49ers
Ricky Williams RB Miami Dolphins
Roy Williams WR Detroit Lions
Roy Williams S Dallas Cowboys
Roydell Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Sam Williams LB Oakland Raiders
Shaud Williams RB Buffalo Bills
Shaun Williams S Carolina Panthers
Stephen Williams DT Carolina Panthers
T.J. Williams TE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tank Williams S Minnesota Vikings
Todd Williams T Green Bay Packers
Tony Williams DT Jacksonville Jaguars
Tramon Williams CB Green Bay Packers
Travis Williams LB Atlanta Falcons
Walter Williams RB Oakland Raiders

nobodyinparticular
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
How can anyone forget these guys?

http://www.raidersonline.org/images/zachtuiasosopo.jpg
FB Zach Tuiasosopo

http://www.nflplayers.com/images/players/30082.jpg
QB Marques Tuiasosopo

nobodyinparticular
03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
How about the Jones brothers theres 32 of them. Or the Williams brothers, theres 53 of them!

Andrew Williams DE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Bobbie Williams G Cincinnati Bengals
Boo Williams TE New York Giants
Brandon Williams CB Cincinnati Bengals
Brandon Williams WR St. Louis Rams
Brian Williams CB Jacksonville Jaguars
Carnell Williams RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Chad Williams S Kansas City Chiefs
Chandler Williams WR Miami Dolphins
Corey Williams DT Cleveland Browns
D.J. Williams LB Denver Broncos
Darius Williams TE Detroit Lions
DeAngelo Williams RB Carolina Panthers
Demetrius Williams WR Baltimore Ravens
Demorrio Williams LB Kansas City Chiefs
Domanick Williams RB Houston Texans
Gemara Williams DB New England Patriots
Harry Williams WR Houston Texans
Jamal Williams DT San Diego Chargers
Jamar Williams LB Chicago Bears
Jimmy Williams S Atlanta Falcons
Jimmy Williams CB Seattle Seahawks
Josh Williams DT New Orleans Saints
Kevin Williams DT Minnesota Vikings
Kyle Williams DT Buffalo Bills
Kyle Williams T Seattle Seahawks
Lenny Williams CB Dallas Cowboys
Leon Williams LB Cleveland Browns
Madieu Williams S Minnesota Vikings
Mario Williams DE Houston Texans
Maurice Williams T Jacksonville Jaguars
Mike Williams T Jacksonville Jaguars
Mike Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Moe Williams RB St. Louis Rams
Pat Williams DT Minnesota Vikings
Paul Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Randal Williams TE Oakland Raiders
Reggie Williams WR Jacksonville Jaguars
Renauld Williams LB San Francisco 49ers
Ricky Williams RB Miami Dolphins
Roy Williams WR Detroit Lions
Roy Williams S Dallas Cowboys
Roydell Williams WR Tennessee Titans
Sam Williams LB Oakland Raiders
Shaud Williams RB Buffalo Bills
Shaun Williams S Carolina Panthers
Stephen Williams DT Carolina Panthers
T.J. Williams TE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tank Williams S Minnesota Vikings
Todd Williams T Green Bay Packers
Tony Williams DT Jacksonville Jaguars
Tramon Williams CB Green Bay Packers
Travis Williams LB Atlanta Falcons
Walter Williams RB Oakland Raiders

2 Brandons, 2 Mikes, 3 Roys, 2 Jimmys, 2 Kyles....

Those parents weren't very creative. I mean, come on, there have got to be more than 50 names in that naming book they bought!

ATLDirtyBirds
03-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Wonder who came up with the nicknames...

Bills2083
03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I didnt see this posted anywhere
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d80711686&template=without-video&confirm=true

Boss Bailey officially signed with the Broncos

MicJay
03-06-2008, 03:49 PM
My favorite part about Boss in Detroit was when a RB was stood up by a couple of Lions and was seconds away from they play being blown dead he would just jump on the pile.

LonghornsLegend
03-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Didnt Champ and Boss both go to Georgia as well?

CC.SD
03-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Some of these old Boss Bailey horror stories are freaking hilarious. good thread.

CC.SD
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
bleh, i already posted in another thread, so whatever.

anyone who doesn't think boss bailey represents an improvement, no matter how limited, over ian gold is an absolute, raving lunatic and should've watched a broncos game before opening their mouth.

that said, anyone who thinks boss bailey actually makes us better on defense should likely have his head checked. i'd tend to recommend children's hospital in denver, they give good cat scan.

is boss a completely horrific and worthless linebacker? sure. was ian gold possibly the worst player to ever don a jersey in the history of the nfl, a player most broncos fans would've willingly traded for nearly every player, regardless of position in the AFL? without a doubt.

But without Gold's tampa bay vacation, the donks wouldn't have gotten that compensatory pick that landed them future HOFer Maurice Clarett! How can you call him worthless?

nobodyinparticular
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
bleh, i already posted in another thread, so whatever.

anyone who doesn't think boss bailey represents an improvement, no matter how limited, over ian gold is an absolute, raving lunatic and should've watched a broncos game before opening their mouth.

that said, anyone who thinks boss bailey actually makes us better on defense should likely have his head checked. i'd tend to recommend children's hospital in denver, they give good cat scan.

is boss a completely horrific and worthless linebacker? sure. was ian gold possibly the worst player to ever don a jersey in the history of the nfl, a player most broncos fans would've willingly traded for nearly every player, regardless of position in the AFL? without a doubt.

I would agree with both statements. My main contention with Jimmy's statement was when he said something to the effect of "Adding Koutouvides and Bailey gives the Broncos an above average LB corps." That leaves the Broncos with an ultra talented LB in Williams, a career special teamer in Koutouvides and a piece of crap in Bailey. Hardly above average.

stephenson86
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
they NEED keith rivers to fall to them, which i can see happening, or itd be good if they could get the OLB from the U cant remember his name, second rounder most likely (cba checking his name).....tavares gooden i think

Cashmoney
03-06-2008, 07:01 PM
they NEED keith rivers to fall to them, which i can see happening, or itd be good if they could get the OLB from the U cant remember his name, second rounder most likely (cba checking his name).....tavares gooden i think

You are correct friend.

Jimmy
03-07-2008, 06:39 AM
Jimmy, what does the Raiders offseason have to do with Boss Bailey being a subpar LB? Quit changing the subject. He's not a very good player and neither him or the Greek guy are going to make a substantial improvement to your defense.

hmm..well komp, had you taken the time to read my little discussion with another poster, you would know

Jimmy
03-07-2008, 06:43 AM
I would agree with both statements. My main contention with Jimmy's statement was when he said something to the effect of "Adding Koutouvides and Bailey gives the Broncos an above average LB corps." That leaves the Broncos with an ultra talented LB in Williams, a career special teamer in Koutouvides and a piece of crap in Bailey. Hardly above average.

do you not see the potential though? Koutouvides was a special teamer because Lofa Tatupu was just a better player then him. Lofa's pretty good, so I'm not too worried. Niko is a run stuffer, something we've needed. Boss's speed permits him to be a decent linebacker in our system, assuming he can wrap up slightly better then gold. That in itself, I think their speed and size makes our corps potentially a top 15 unit in the NFL

Komp
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
... I think their speed and size makes our corps potentially a top 15 unit in the NFL

Haha.....................

jth1331
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Honestly, subtracting Gold and adding Boss IMO helps the Broncos LB unit, even if it is by a minimal decimal point. It isn't going to change a whole lot though. Also, its always good to have young depth at the LB position.

With that in mind, I'm thinking that maybe the Broncos don't see LB as a huge need in the draft now. And I would think if they were to draft a LB, it would be for a MLB, so not Rivers.

jaffe28
03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
With that in mind, I'm thinking that maybe the Broncos don't see LB as a huge need in the draft now. And I would think if they were to draft a LB, it would be for a MLB, so not Rivers.

I agree here. With what they've done I think Rivers drops off the wish list at #12. If they can drop back maybe they still take Connor. I'm not sure he should but it looks like the Broncos thought that LB was best addressed in FA.

As far as Boss Bailey what it looks like is they cut Ian Gold and resigned him with a different name. Gold got to the ball all the time last year so we could all see him miss the tackle. My hope with the Boss pick-up is that working with his brother gets him motivated enough to improve...I won't be holding my breath though.

georgiafan
03-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Didnt Champ and Boss both go to Georgia as well?

Yeah they both played at UGA they also had a older brother that played DB before champ.