PDA

View Full Version : RB situation (or lack thereof)

ESimsfan87
03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Okay so maybe you might have realized that T.J. Duckett signed with the Seahawks yesterday... Our RB situation consists of two injured running backs none of which I have any confidence in. We need to find a solution. What do we do?

My personal idea is to bypass Julius Jones unless you plan on releasing/trading KJ. I've never been a fan of Julius but a healthy Julius is still an upgrade over a gimpy/injured KJ or the might as well be amputated legs of Brian Calhoun.

So if a gun was pointed to my head the RB I would take in the draft would be Ray Rice. He's not going to be a barn burner but all of the barn burners outside of the top 3 do not have the vision or ability to carry the load that Rice has. The problem I forsee with acquiring Rice is that we might have to do our typical second round pick and pick him before he would get picked by another team.

As important as solidifing some holes on the oline/dline/lb is we actually do need a rb that is not oh I don't know, Aveion Cason, to start the season.

Is this just me worrying too much because I know Millen can't and won't ever find a Ryan Grant or a Ahmad Bradshaw or is this really just one hell of a quagmire?

WMD
03-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I think recent success with Late Round/Undrafted RB's will (or at least, it should) lead us to pass on one early in the draft.

TacticaLion
03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
I think recent success with Late Round/Undrafted RB's will (or at least, it should) lead us to pass on one early in the draft.

I was thinking the same thing.

Year after year, a starting RB goes down and a late pick/unknown player steps up and performs well. I'd like to look for on in round 3-4 and sign a FA RB.

P-L
03-05-2008, 09:23 PM
If Derrick Harvey and Ryan Clady are off the board I'd like to see us go with Rashard Mendenhall. If Clady, Harvey, and Mendenhall are off the board then... ****!!!

detroitsports
03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm actually I big fan of Brian Calhoun. Well, I still feel we need anohter RB, Calhoun has averaged over 4 ypc when hes gotten the ball, which i know is rare, but I'd like to see him get the ball and see what he can do

regoob2
03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I doubt Clady would be there with Chicago picking in front of you.

Addict
03-07-2008, 05:50 AM
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall

I think my view on this is clear.

Go Blue
03-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall
Rashard Mendenhall

I think my view on this is clear.

I agree I'd love to see Mendenhall in a Lions uni!

TacticaLion
03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I agree I'd love to see Mendenhall in a Lions uni!

Addict doesn't want to see Mendenhall in the uni... he wants to see him without the uni.

There's a big difference (one involves a parade).

Prowler
03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
should draft mike hart, so everybody can get more use out of their old jerseys

Go Blue
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Addict doesn't want to see Mendenhall in the uni... he wants to see him without the uni.

not cool! lol

Addict
03-07-2008, 05:10 PM

You're freakin' rainin on mine :(

(seriously, I lolled reading that)

I would have you know that the *** Parade (the stars = homosexuals) in Amsterdam is good fun... no ****.

TacticaLion
03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
You're freakin' rainin on mine :(

(seriously, I lolled reading that)

I would have you know that the *** Parade (the stars = homosexuals) in Amsterdam is good fun... no ****.

Haha. Haha... that's hilarious.

I read it the first time... "rainin?"... then, I used my skills of observation and noticed the bold text. Yes... I'm observant. Almost a professional.

Never been to Amster***... nice place?

detknowitall
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Ill take Slaton or Hart in the 5th or 6th rounds.

Addict
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Haha. Haha... that's hilarious.

I read it the first time... "rainin?"... then, I used my skills of observation and noticed the bold text. Yes... I'm observant. Almost a professional.

Never been to Amster***... nice place?

It's okay, a lot smaller than most would expect (barely a million people) I'm actually headed there tomorrow...

TacticaLion
03-07-2008, 09:17 PM
It's okay, a lot smaller than most would expect (barely a million people) I'm actually headed there tomorrow...

Wow.

Sounds fun.

That's one of the lame things about living over here. You can just "go" to a place like Amster***... whereas I can only "go" to a place like Illinois.

Not equal in my book.

WMD
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Julius Jones signed with Seattle.. I'd look for Shaun Alexander to get cut. I wouldn't have a problem if we signed him, as long as we got a good deal.

lionsfan81
03-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Draft ray rice or jalen parmele.

Addict
03-08-2008, 04:55 AM
Wow.

Sounds fun.

That's one of the lame things about living over here. You can just "go" to a place like Amster***... whereas I can only "go" to a place like Illinois.

Not equal in my book.

hahaha, well I can't visit a football game, or watch one live, so there is a lesser side to the story.

TacticaLion
03-08-2008, 08:31 AM
hahaha, well I can't visit a football game, or watch one live, so there is a lesser side to the story.

True...

I guess it works itself out. It's a shame that the only game I went to last year was against the WC NYG.