PDA

View Full Version : How good are you at Mock Drafts?

Who Dat Nation
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Who's good, How did your mocks stand up in the 07 draft?

hugegmenfan
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
lock this thread

The Legend
03-05-2008, 07:49 PM
come on HGF, hes a rookie you could be nicer, also im preety good :)

etk
03-05-2008, 07:57 PM
My mock was terrible last year. Now I understand individual system fits better and I go with what makes sense for the team instead of what I would do.

My best pick was Tim Crowder to the Broncos in the 2nd, but had I known they would take Jarvis Moss I never would've made that pick.

Why lock this thread? It's a perfectly fine discussion.

Matthew Jones
03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
It's kind of a random topic. I think I got 12-13 out of the first 32 correct last year, though. 12 the year before. Take it for what you will.

Who Dat Nation
03-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, After I posted this I did kinda think this was the wrong place for it.

No harm done, I guess.

BaLLiN
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Last year mine got ruined by Miami's weird choice of Tedd Ginn and the drop of Brady Quinn.

TimD
03-05-2008, 09:49 PM
My mock was terrible last year. Now I understand individual system fits better and I go with what makes sense for the team instead of what I would do.

Yeah I'm the same way now.

Why lock this thread? It's a perfectly fine discussion.

I agree.

regoob2
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I've considered making one then I lose focus. Still never tried one.

TimD
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Last year mine got ruined by Miami's weird choice of Tedd Ginn and the drop of Brady Quinn.

Hm who do you think will be this year's Ginn to Miami pick? Like no one knows what happened and why they took him..

d34ng3l021
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I made a mock last season...I cant find it. Damn. I would like to look back at that.

Matthew Jones
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe something like Balmer to the Saints or Dan Connor to the Pats.

rockio42
03-05-2008, 10:08 PM
I had like 7 picks right last year in the 1st round, including Ted Ginn, it was my first year so im hoping i get better this time around

Im_a_Romosexual
03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Usually pretty solid, but they get f'ed up by trades

Dr. Gonzo
03-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Last year I predicted all 32 picks in the first. I followed the Darnik strategy and made 5 mocks a day. I just put them all together afterwards and I picked them all.

etk
03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Last year I predicted all 32 picks in the first. I followed the Darnik strategy and made 5 mocks a day. I just put them all together afterwards and I picked them all.

I'm taking Data Management. I can calculate the # of mocks it would take or the probability. Darnik's probably over that amount by now though.

DI
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
crazy as it may sound, i knew Baltimore was going to take Le'Ron McClain with a later pick. I just knew it and it happened. crazy

kalbears13
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I made a mock draft in like February and got 2 picks in 2 rounds right. Both were Oakland's. 3 if picking Brady Quinn at 22 instead of 3 counts.

BaLLiN
03-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Hm who do you think will be this year's Ginn to Miami pick? Like no one knows what happened and why they took him..

I dunno but seeing how Desean Jackson draws similar comparisons to Ginn, maybe someone will take him in the top 15 or 20, and id consider that to be a little like the Ginn pick.

Jakey
03-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Last year was my 1st year doing a mock draft...for the 1st round i did pretty well, probably around 40% accurate.

As for the Steelers, i got Lawrence Timmons, got Lamarr Woodley (that was a dream come true!), missed by a mile on Matt Spaeth, hit with Daniel Sepulveda, missed on Ryan McBean, missed on William *** (i was like who?), missed on Cameron Stephenson, missed on Dallas Baker. Overall i did pretty bad, but getting the 1st two picks aint bad :)

GaMeTiMe
03-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Last year my mock was absolutely horrible. I hit a few picks in the top ten, and that was virtually ALL.

2 or 3 years ago (I'm actually losing track), I hit the first 7 picks (Williams/Bush/Young/Ferguson/Hawk/Vernon Davis/Huff) and a few more through the first round (Addai/Wimbley/Ngata), and I also had Hester to the Bears in the 2nd.

etk
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Last year was my 1st year doing a mock draft...for the 1st round i did pretty well, probably around 40% accurate.

As for the Steelers, i got Lawrence Timmons, got Lamarr Woodley (that was a dream come true!), missed by a mile on Matt Spaeth, hit with Daniel Sepulveda, missed on Ryan McBean, missed on William *** (i was like who?), missed on Cameron Stephenson, missed on Dallas Baker. Overall i did pretty bad, but getting the 1st two picks aint bad :)

Don't sleep on William Cool. Just don't.

Jakey
03-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Don't sleep on William Cool. Just don't.

I wont he played awesomely for us in his rookie year! He got Colclough cut, and he has prolly got as good as a shot as Bryant McFadden at getting a strating job. Why, do you like the kid???

ATLDirtyBirds
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM

Do you make ugly sigs to go with them?

etk
03-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I wont he played awesomely for us in his rookie year! He got Colclough cut, and he has prolly got as good as a shot as Bryant McFadden at getting a strating job. Why, do you like the kid???

I've been a fan since the middle of his Senior year. I liked him for the Bucs in the late rounds and we might have taken him if Pitt didn't jump on him so early.

Paranoidmoonduck
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
I got more picks right than most of the expert's final mocks, but that isn't saying much. No one had a great mock last year.

vidae
03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm horribad at mocks.

Thunder&Lightning
03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
IMO etk creates the best and most accurate mock drafts.

etk
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
IMO etk creates the best and most accurate mock drafts.

Thanks, but there's no way of measuring that right now. Like I said, my mock was terrible last year and obviously this year hasn't happened yet. I try to make mocks that work with value/need/fit but I don't worry about accuracy until my last mock which is when I go entirely with my intuition of who the team will draft.

Also it helps that I've had Vernon Gholston going #1 for at least a month now, putting me well ahead of the game :).

d34ng3l021
03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I think its still Chris Long at number 1 right now. But good try etk. I think Gholston ends up going 2. You wont be too far off.

etk
03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I think its still Chris Long at number 1 right now. But good try etk. I think Gholston ends up going 2. You wont be too far off.

I've always felt that Long doesn't fit well as a 5-tech and Gholston is a better rush linebacker hence why the pick. I've also used Parcells' past tendencies (LT, DWare, Spencer) in assuming that he will like Gholston. When I first made the prediction Gholston was only considered a top 15 pick but now that he's rising up the charts it's even more realistic. Also don't count out having thebow305 on my side....the only guy who predicted Miami would take Ted Ginn Jr.

I have Gholston1 and Long2. It won't look bad if I miss, but it'll look damn good if I get it right.

d34ng3l021
03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
I think Long's versatility in the 3-4 puts him over the top. I also like his high motor and low chance of busting, but you do bring up a good point about Parcell's previous drafts, Ill give ya that.

I guess you could say the whole 'look bad if i miss look good if i get it right' for any bold prediction. I predicted Mendenhall to be a better pro than McFadden if McFadden doesnt land in a ZBS. I could look like a total dumbass, but a genius if I am right.

etk
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I guess you could say the whole 'look bad if i miss look good if i get it right' for any bold prediction. I predicted Mendenhall to be a better pro than McFadden if McFadden doesnt land in a ZBS. I could look like a total dumbass, but a genius if I am right.

I think that's a pretty safe prediction. I could see several backs having better careers than McFadden, but I'm only bold enough to go with Mendenhall and Stewart. I think Rashard will take a couple of years to hit his stride so be patient with that prediction. I definitely agree that McFadden is hit/miss depending on the system. If a team tries to make him their workhorse, they will fail, but if you have him return kicks and give him 10-15 carries on Zone O and off tackle runs, he will break enough big ones to make it worthwhile.

proshoota25
03-08-2008, 04:43 PM
im usually somewhere around 12-15 picks right in the first round every year, but last year i got killed because brady quinn dropped and ginn rose up, stupid miami ruined everything haha. but yea trades absolutely kill these mocks because you obviously cant see them coming.

Go_Eagles77
03-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Heres my mock from last year, bolded picks were right.

1 OAK- Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
2 DET- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
3 CLE- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4 TB- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
5 ARI- Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6 WAS- Alan Branch DT Michigan
7 MIN- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
8 ATL- LaRon Landry S LSU
9 MIA- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
10 HOU- Levi Brown OT Penn State
11 SF- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
12 BUF- Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss
13 STL- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
14 CAR- Greg Olsen TE Miami
15 PIT- Jarvis Moss DE/OLB Florida
16 GB- Marshawn Lynch RB Cal
17 JAX- Reggie Nelson S Florida
18 CIN- Leon Hall CB Michigan
19 TEN- Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
20 NYG- Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State
21 DEN- Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
22 DAL- Brandon Meriweather S Miami
23 KC- Dwane Bowe WR LSU
24 NE- Jon Beason LB Miami
25 NYJ- Darelle Revis CB Pitt (Wrong spot though)
26 PHI- Michael Griffin S Texas
27 NO- Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU
28 NE- Chris Houston CB Arkansas
29 BAL- Ryan Kalil C USC
30 SD- Ted Ginn Jr. WR OSU
31 CHI- Dwane Jarrett WR USC
32 IND- Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

Not too good overall.

proshoota25
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Heres my mock from last year, bolded picks were right.

1 OAK- Jamarcus Russell QB LSU
2 DET- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
3 CLE- Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
4 TB- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
5 ARI- Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
6 WAS- Alan Branch DT Michigan
7 MIN- Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
8 ATL- LaRon Landry S LSU
9 MIA- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
10 HOU- Levi Brown OT Penn State
11 SF- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
12 BUF- Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss
13 STL- Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
14 CAR- Greg Olsen TE Miami
15 PIT- Jarvis Moss DE/OLB Florida
16 GB- Marshawn Lynch RB Cal
17 JAX- Reggie Nelson S Florida
18 CIN- Leon Hall CB Michigan
19 TEN- Robert Meachem WR Tennessee
20 NYG- Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State
21 DEN- Joe Staley OT Central Michigan
22 DAL- Brandon Meriweather S Miami
23 KC- Dwane Bowe WR LSU
24 NE- Jon Beason LB Miami
25 NYJ- Darelle Revis CB Pitt (Wrong spot though)
26 PHI- Michael Griffin S Texas
27 NO- Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU
28 NE- Chris Houston CB Arkansas
29 BAL- Ryan Kalil C USC
30 SD- Ted Ginn Jr. WR OSU
31 CHI- Dwane Jarrett WR USC
32 IND- Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

Not too good overall.

you got dwayne bowe right also. reggie nelson was picked correctly, but he was picked at like 22, 23, or 24 i forget.

Go_Eagles77
03-08-2008, 05:02 PM
you got dwayne bowe right also. reggie nelson was picked correctly, but he was picked at like 22, 23, or 24 i forget.

Oh yeah missed Bowe, and I don't remember did the Jaguars trade down?

etk
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
You didn't get many picks right but you had all the right names in pretty good places. Other than Ginn, Kalil and the early misses that's an accurate mock.

ThePudge
03-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah missed Bowe, and I don't remember did the Jaguars trade down?

They traded down, swapped picks with Denver (Jarvis Moss). They went with Nelson at 21 not 17.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2008, 07:42 AM
I did one mock last year and intend to only do one each year. I too, got messed up by the Ginn pick, but would have done well for the rest. I'd say I got twelve or so picks correct in the first round. I too, knew McClain would go to the Ravens for some reason.

keylime_5
03-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I got 13 right in last year's first round, but in 2006 I got 10 of the top 11 right and I think 15 overall.

keylime_5
03-10-2008, 11:07 AM
And I hear you guys on Gholston, I'd put him #1 overall but as of right now I just don't think that'll happen yet. I sure as hell think it'll happen before Matt Ryan goes #1, but I just think Long at DE in the 3-4 Sporano is gonna use makes a lot of sense and he does grade out a little higher than Gholston right now from what i hear.