PDA

View Full Version : Patriots to trade for ILB Adam Seward?

Matthew Jones
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
It seems as though the Patriots will make or have made an offer to the Carolina Panthers for restricted free agent Adam Seward. Seward was a draft-pick in the 2005 (Alex Smith) draft. They would have to give Carolina a fifth-round pick if they signed him:

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/523911.html

Here's his scouting report from Scott a few years ago:

Adam Seward
College: U.N.L.V. Height: 6-21/4
Position: Inside Linebacker Weight: 248
Class: Senior 40-Yard: 4.62
SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Great instincts and is a true football player...Very tough and aggressive...Productive...Always gives 100% and won't be outworked.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have the speed you look for...Not an explosive pure athlete...Struggles in coverage and isn't very fluid...An overachiver.
Notes: The type of player who doesn't have the physical tools you look for but just gets the job done...The type of blue-collar player you never like to underestimate, but his lack of ideal measuables will hurt him.

proshoota25
03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
sounds like the typical patriots linebacker. i dont know too much about him, but reading about his strengths, im willing to give up a 5th rounder for a proven guy who gives it his all

Bostonsportlova
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
i agree seems like a classic patriot ilb. perfect for the 3-4 it seems.

Don Vito
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
He'd be a good get, we obviously need some depth at LB and a younger guy with some NFL experience would be nice. It would be worth it for a fifth rounder in my opinion, even though the last UNLV LB we took, Ryan Claridge, was one of my favorite picks in that draft and he didn't pan out as I thought (despite the fact he was a later round pick).

Billingsley26
03-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Just like what was saud above. Sounds just like any Patriots LB. Good to hear. I hate when peole tell us that the Patriots need this LB because hes a great athlete or can runa 4.4 40. Thats not what the Patriots are about, and still after about 7 years or so, people still dont get it. I dont know what it will take.

In any event, he is still young, look to have decent size. I know, and Im sure that the rest of you all know, not to doubt BB. He knows what hes doing. Just like letting Asante walk. Bellichek knows what hes doing. I will support this move. Sounds pretty good.