PDA

View Full Version : keith rivers

Prowler
03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
if the broncos signed boss bailey and he fell to #15, would we pick him? it says he's a bit 'undersized' but he's got a good 10lbs on paris lenon and close to 20lbs on alex lewis. plus can't argue with the 55.

i guess also, what's our updated realistic draftboard then?
harvey, mendenhall, rivers, otah, talib?

WMD
03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Keith Rivers would be a good fit on the team, if we didn't have Ernie Sims. Both play WLB.. I think we've got higher priorities than an OLB, anyways.

Prowler
03-07-2008, 12:16 PM
well i was thinking if he has some 'position flexibility' we could plug him in the middle and hopefully he'd become our next patrick willis/demeco ryan/ernie sims elite youngster. if we're scoring like we should and playing nickel alot then we could just leave him and sims out there. it seems like everybody's making runs at positions with huge depth, might as well grab the position with very little depth first if he's there.

TacticaLion
04-15-2008, 04:42 PM
(Grabs shovel...)

I definitely think that Rivers could play MLB in a Cover 2 defense... and would love to take him at 15.

Scotty D
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
if the broncos signed boss bailey and he fell to #15, would we pick him? it says he's a bit 'undersized' but he's got a good 10lbs on paris lenon and close to 20lbs on alex lewis. plus can't argue with the 55.

i guess also, what's our updated realistic draftboard then?
harvey, mendenhall, rivers, otah, talib?

Realistic draft board.

I don't like Albert or Otah so I would go

Clady
Chris Williams
Derrick Harvey
Mendenhall
Mayo

wingboy2999
04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
(Grabs shovel...)

I definitely think that Rivers could play MLB in a Cover 2 defense... and would love to take him at 15.

*hits Tactica with shovel*

TacticaLion
04-16-2008, 05:39 PM
*hits Tactica with shovel*

How'd you hit me with the shovel if I was holding it?

And, what's worse... raising the dead or assault? Exactly.

Stop hitting me with metaphorical shovels and let me dig.

Thanks.

- Management

wingboy2999
04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
How'd you hit me with the shovel if I was holding it?

And, what's worse... raising the dead or assault? Exactly.

Stop hitting me with metaphorical shovels and let me dig.

Thanks.

- Management

*shoves you into the hole and buries you alive*

detroit4life
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
lions are looking at rivers but as a MLB not OLB but i think they will take mayo over rivers

asmitty45
04-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Realistic draft board.

I don't like Albert or Otah so I would go

Clady
Chris Williams
Derrick Harvey
Mendenhall
Mayo

I like Rivers a lot, he had good things to say about the franchise and he seems like a class act.

But my Draft Board would go:

Clady
Harvey
Mendenhall
Mayo/Rivers

I honestly wouldn't be upset be upset with any of these players or any of the top 3 CB's either.

wingboy2999
04-17-2008, 01:19 PM
He visited the Lions and apparently liked it a lot. Liked all the USC guys. Even likened it to USC for some reason.

Ask WMD for the link. It was some blog Rivers was writing.

TacticaLion
04-17-2008, 02:47 PM
He visited the Lions and apparently liked it a lot. Liked all the USC guys. Even likened it to USC for some reason.

Ask WMD for the link. It was some blog Rivers was writing.This one (linked to from MLive.com).
My Trip to the Motor City
submitted by KeithRivers 37 hours ago
As promised I am back in the Yard to fill you in on my trip to Detroit.

I flew into Detroit right after my New England visit. I got in Tuesday night and spent Wednesday at the Lions facility. I felt at home with all the Trojans there - I met with Joe Barry and Rod Marinelli and Shaun Cody, one of my former teammates. They gave me a tour of the facility and I ran into Buster Davis, who I played against in high school. He was a senior when I was a sophomore and they beat us 21-7 but we were debating who had the better game.

I got a chance to spend time with Matt Millen. He was very straight forward. He told me what to expect in my first year and how to make the transition from college to pro. It was some really good advice about eventually becoming the player who makes his teammates better. And he would know. He was a great linebacker.

Detroit really impressed me. The players enjoy being there. It was kind of like when I first came to USC to visit. Everyone was so upbeat and working hard. The Lions are going to turn the corner you could just feel it. Interesting read.

We all know he's talented and is a great prospect. I'd love to have him.

P-L
04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I've always thought of Rivers as a pure WLB, but I suppose he probably could play MLB in the Tampa-2.

Addict
04-18-2008, 05:01 AM
I've always thought of Rivers as a pure WLB, but I suppose he probably could play MLB in the Tampa-2.

I guess. He's definately the top LB in the draft, so he would be a solid pick.