PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams rumor

Bootland27
03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Latest rumor on Sirius NFL Network

Roy Williams for:

Lito Sheppard and
Eagles first rd. pick #19

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Besides, The Eagles can't be that dumb. But If that's in ANY way accurate, the trade should have been done yesterday.

regoob2
03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
No way they couldn't pull the trigger fast enough, you got a link?

Go Blue
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
No way it ever happens. Way to good for Millen to say yes. He would ask for next years 1st too. Is Sheppard a cover 2 corner?

regoob2
03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I think Lito would be a very good cover 2 corner.

WMD
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Haha.. that'd be crazy.. Cornerback would go from being our biggest weakness to being our biggest strength.

Addict
03-07-2008, 05:30 AM
If there is ANY truth to this I would fall on my knees and cry the rest of the weekend. Seriously, that move would be so freakin' awesome.

(just checked, but that trade wouldn't even work in madden)

Newbs24
03-07-2008, 10:26 AM
If that happens I would have to say that Millen is on vacation and his 4 year old nephew is making the decisions. There is no way that they offer that and we pass. We could improve so much it wouldn't be funny. But it won't happen so I will go back to be pissed at the Lions.

Pacific
03-07-2008, 11:10 AM
It's largely one-sided, but the Eagles missed out on getting Moss. They're kinda desperate for a big name wideout after Donovan's comments this offseason.

P-L
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
I think people need to understand that the Eagles don't have very much leverage with Lito Sheppard. Lito is still signed through 20011 and he would be a very expensive Nickle Back. Teams know that the Eagles can't afford to hang onto Sheppard and pay $5 million per season especially because they're paying Samuel and Brown almost a combined $15 million per season.

I really don't think this trade is all the lopsided, but I'd still do it in a second. Lito Sheppard is a good, but not great CB. Roy Williams on the other hand is a great WR.

DiG
03-07-2008, 11:35 AM
rumor is that they offered lito and a second for Fitz so i cant imagine theyd consider moving lito and a first for roy. just makes no sense.

BeerBaron
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
wow, that would be an amazing trade for the lions. if the eagles actually offered that, like most people have said, there shouldnt have been a moments hesitation on the lions front.

looks like there would be though....lol. silly matt millen...

P-L
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
rumor is that they offered lito and a second for Fitz so i cant imagine theyd consider moving lito and a first for roy. just makes no sense.
Well, there is also a rumor that they offered Lito and a 1st for Torry Holt too...

Xiomera
03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I heard this on 97.1 FM today . . .

It would definitely be Lito for Roy, but we would get a draft pick or two as well. I did hear mention of a first, but that seems too high. I would take a 2nd though.

Prowler
03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
lito was about the only one to shut moss down this year. check the game recap on espn. 'turned him into an ordinary player'.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271125017

iKNOW
03-10-2008, 12:56 AM
anything to get roy out of detriot...sorry but the lions management sucks. the lions have to get a new QB. and the defense is so talented on paper but continuously sucks.

WMD
03-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Our defense is not talented on paper at all.

Brothgar
03-10-2008, 01:23 AM
Interesting but wont happen

brat316
03-10-2008, 01:27 AM
I think the Eagles would do it for Roy, they are looking everywhere for a WR. Doesn't Roy's contract end soon, so I think the Eagles might change it to a 2nd, but still, the 1st is possible.

Lito is a man cover corner, not the best tackler, good play maker when healthy.

Brothgar
03-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Roy is really the best guy for the Eagles personality wise Outside of his corney first down celebration Roy is really a team first player. Amdy Reid doesn't want another TO on his team which include other divas like Chad Johnson and Randy Moss. Also the short amount of time left on his contract isn't always a bad thing.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
The Eagles are still going after Fitzgerald, but if the contract re-negotiations result in Fitz signing a deal, then Roy would be next in line for the Eagles to go after. Personaly, I am not holding my breath for Fitzgerald, but would love to have Roy on our team. I will say one thing though, I wouldn't expect Lito and a first. The best you could be looking at here is a second rounder with Lito, though the Eagles need a WR enough to offer the first, so I don't know.

Addict
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
The Eagles are still going after Fitzgerald, but if the contract re-negotiations result in Fitz signing a deal, then Roy would be next in line for the Eagles to go after. Personaly, I am not holding my breath for Fitzgerald, but would love to have Roy on our team. I will say one thing though, I wouldn't expect Lito and a first. The best you could be looking at here is a second rounder with Lito, though the Eagles need a WR enough to offer the first, so I don't know.

we know, that's why we were in shock and awe about the rumor

asmitty45
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
If this happens ill be very happy, which is why i know it wont happen

Addict
03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
If this happens ill be very happy, which is why i know it wont happen

go cry, emo kid.

asmitty45
03-11-2008, 08:26 PM
go cry, emo kid.

ok, slight overreaction on your part.

I was simply restating how frustrating the lions have been in my lifetime so just chill.

iKNOW
03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Our defense is not talented on paper at all.

they had shaun rogers, cory redding, kalimba edwards, dewayne white, devries, boss bailey, alex lewis, ernie sims, teddy lehman, kennoy kennedy...

the secondary was weak last year but the DL and LB corp had some talented guys (based on college resume). prior to that the lions had dre bly and virtually the same front but still got torn up against the run.

there is a problem there and its not necessarily players.

Iamcanadian
03-12-2008, 08:52 AM
The Lions are 5 million under the cap with a bunch of draftees still to be signed.
I ask the question, why would we take the Eagles reject for Williams. Just maybe the Eagles have a good reason for signing Samuels and dumping Sheppard. Their organization is very solid and they rarely make serious errors in judgment.
Is that our present and future, trade our few stars for other team's rejects and pray we somehow make it work. No thank you.
Our only hope is to keep our stars and maybe when Millen is finally fired, we'll have a GM we can trust to make sound decisions.
Get used to it guys, under Millen we are going nowhere but backwards. Let's leave the core intact so that a new GM sometime in the future will have some hope of rebuilding.

woodnick
03-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I thought the rumor was Sheppard, Reggie Brown, and a 2nd for Fitz? Either way it's dead now that Fitz has a new contract. Now the rumor is that Philly is going to go after Boldin, kind of funny.

What would everybody think about Reggie Brown and #19 for Roy? Brown should bring great speed on the outside and is cheaper than Sheppard. Possibly set us up for an Otah and Mendehall/Stewart 1st round and then we could follow it up with Cason/Flowers/King in the 2nd.

Brothgar
03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I thought the rumor was Sheppard, Reggie Brown, and a 2nd for Fitz? Either way it's dead now that Fitz has a new contract. Now the rumor is that Philly is going to go after Boldin, kind of funny.

What would everybody think about Reggie Brown and #19 for Roy? Brown should bring great speed on the outside and is cheaper than Sheppard. Possibly set us up for an Otah and Mendehall/Stewart 1st round and then we could follow it up with Cason/Flowers/King in the 2nd.

I'd take it I'm not sure why Philly would though.

woodnick
03-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd take it I'm not sure why Philly would though.

Philly seems to have given up on Brown. I'm not really sure if they have or why, but their quest for a proven WR kind of implies it in my eyes.