PDA

View Full Version : Who You Want At One

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
just name who you want to pick or if u want to trade down

mine is...

if keep moss and porter we go with jruss, if moss is gone CJ and if jordan is gone AD or trade down to get lynch

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-25-2007, 06:04 PM
AD without a doubt.

RaiderLifer
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Today it would be Russell. If Jordan is gone, AD. If Moss is gone, CJ.

Stash
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
If Moss is gone I definitely want CJ as well, but if he stays then I would love to trade down.

NIN1984
02-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I love the new boards, and I want JaMarcus Russell

Oaktown1981
02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
If the Raiders trade for a QB - Calvin Johnson
If the Raiders don't trade for a QB and Moss stays. JaMarcus Russell
If the Raiders trade for a QB and Jordan gets cut Adrian Peterson.

RaiderNation
02-25-2007, 07:23 PM
If the Raiders trade for a QB - Calvin Johnson
If the Raiders don't trade for a QB and Moss stays. JaMarcus Russell
If the Raiders trade for a QB and Jordan gets cut Adrian Peterson.

let me get this straight, if oakland doesnt go for a qb and cuts jordan u would want russell then?

Raiderz4Life
02-25-2007, 08:00 PM
I Want us to take CJ. im a HUGE CJ fan. But I'd be good with Russell.

bernbabybern820
02-25-2007, 09:12 PM
idc. i want Staley and Kalil!!!!

liverhgnbn
02-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I've been on J Russell for the entire time. I think we definately need a Franchise Qb and I think J Russell is both a better QB now than Quinn but also has more potential. However, I'm impressed with Quinn because I feel like he is obsessed with playing football, which I really thought is what made Gannon great. Also with a young head coach who seems to be innovative and utilizes an offense with complicated schemes designed to attack mismatches, it might be best to match up with Quinn instead of Russell.

I'm split on the two as of now.

Windy
02-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Honestly for me at this point i'll take Russell, Quinn, AD, Johnson, even Thomas wouldnt be bad. Anyone of those players would be a good addition imo.

Raidernation55
02-26-2007, 02:43 AM
im still goin for quinn

RaiderLifer
02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Honestly for me at this point i'll take Russell, Quinn, AD, Johnson, even Thomas wouldnt be bad. Anyone of those players would be a good addition imo.

Couldn't agree more. I am almost assured to be a happy camper come draft day.

49ersfan_87
02-26-2007, 04:53 PM
If davis selects a QB, do you think russell is a more likely option?

Komp
02-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I don't think anyone can say for certain. It really depends on their pro days and interviews. Any of the top 5 offensive picks are great players, but I'd most like to trade down and take Quinn at 3-5.

RaiderNation
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM

i agree. all of them would help this team. its just how davis rates them is how we are pciking them.

D4rk 0ne
02-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I want CJ... My CC Times reported that he ran a 4.35 and 4.31 at the combine and measured in at 6'5, 239. He's basically on Moss's level in terms of freakish athleticism but his attitude is more like Marvin Harrison's... I say dump Moss and te 9 Million he's being paid per year and pick up CJ.

Raiderz4Life
02-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree with D4rk One

I saw CJ ran a 4.35

mhuff21
02-26-2007, 10:28 PM
yeah, i agree w/you guys, i just dont see how anyone would pass on a FREAK like Calvin Johnson. The Cardinals took Larry Fitzgerald when they already had Anquan Boldin and Bryant Johnson. We should do the same thing by taking Calvin Johnson and have 3 WR Sets as the base formation. We can then take Brian Leonard (Rutgers) in the 2nd and make him an H-Back. It would make a lot of sense since we have no legit TE on the roster. As far as QB goes, we can take one via the draft, free agency, or see how Walter does this year. obviously we need a couple since we currently just have Walter.

Komp
02-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Brian Leonard would be nice but our OL needs massive help.

Raiderz4Life
02-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Brian Leonard would be awesome. I do agree with that we need O-Line help but i hope we can suqeeze out another 2nd roun or 3rd round pick and get Leonard while still adressin our O-Line needs. Good Linemen can be found later in the draft as well, like Boothe who played well and I didnt get to see McNasty a whole lot but i think he played well.

bernbabybern820
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Brian Leonard would be awesome. I do agree with that we need O-Line help but i hope we can suqeeze out another 2nd roun or 3rd round pick and get Leonard while still adressin our O-Line needs. Good Linemen can be found later in the draft as well, like Boothe who played well and I didnt get to see McNasty a whole lot but i think he played well.

McNasty did not play well enough to be an adequate NFL starter but he played well for a 3rd round sleeper pick.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-28-2007, 02:50 AM
McNasty did not play well enough to be an adequate NFL starter but he played well for a 3rd round sleeper pick.
Well, he was playing out of position...I think he'll play better at tackle, where he won't be overpowered as much.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Well, he was playing out of position...I think he'll play better at tackle, where he won't be overpowered as much.

Well, if Gallery is moving to RT, then I'm sure scared, because there is no way McQuistan is a NFL LT.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Well, if Gallery is moving to RT, then I'm sure scared, because there is no way McQuistan is a NFL LT.
I said tackle for a reason. :P I think RT is probably his best position right now, but now that Gallery was given that...he's stuck at LG for now.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Who's your LT...? Sims? right?

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
thats the rumor.

LSURaider
03-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I go to LSU and have been watching Jamarcuss for two years. He is simply the most physically talented QB I have ever watched. He can make throws and plays that no one can make. CJ is unreal as well, but can Walter or whoever else really get him the ball well. I think Jamarcuss could produce more numbers and more wins with our current WR core than Calvin could with Walter. Trust me, Jamarcuss is a difference maker to the max. I want JR. GEAUX TIGERS!

P.S. Maybe we can convince Glen Davis to enter the draft next year and put him at TE!

bernbabybern820
03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Best case scenario would be trading down with the cards. That guarantees that either Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, or Thomas will be left and i would be happy with anyone of those players.

bernbabybern820
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I go to LSU and have been watching Jamarcuss for two years. He is simply the most physically talented QB I have ever watched. He can make throws and plays that no one can make. CJ is unreal as well, but can Walter or whoever else really get him the ball well. I think Jamarcuss could produce more numbers and more wins with our current WR core than Calvin could with Walter. Trust me, Jamarcuss is a difference maker to the max. I want JR. GEAUX TIGERS!

P.S. Maybe we can convince Glen Davis to enter the draft next year and put him at TE!

would rather have Shaq at TE

RaiderLifer
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Best case scenario would be trading down with the cards. That guarantees that either Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Johnson, or Thomas will be left and i would be happy with anyone of those players.

I agree with this 100%

Stash
03-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, that would be my 2nd favorite scenario, it would probably be Quinn or Peterson left over at #5.

bucksavage
03-05-2007, 10:24 PM

Ive seen Russell paly for a while too. I 100% agree with your post. He is the best QB prospect ive seen in a while. We will we be foolish not to take him