PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson Swung At Marvin Lewis

kwilk103
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
i know this is old news, but there evidence that chad did infact swing at, and hit marvin lewis

On Monday night, speaking at a recent meeting of the Central Maryland Browns Backers, former Bengals defensive tackle Shaun Smith acknowledged that Chad Johnson took a swing at Lewis -- and made contact.

Asked at the 5:20 mark of the clip about the incident that occurred in the team's locker room during the only playoff game of the Lewis era, Smith said of Johnson: "He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marving [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who's now in Baltimore."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

click on link and scroll down for the vid

Thunder&Lightning
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I know hes one of the best receivers in the NFL, But hes just a distraction. Bengals should have gotten rid of him in the beginning. The Bengals cant afford to have any distractions on there team right now.

PalmerToCJ
03-06-2008, 10:56 PM
But Chad will act like the good guy/victim in all of this.

Good lord, we were winning and had baby hands in there yet he takes a swing.

JagHombre22
03-06-2008, 11:03 PM
well, this is interesting news....I'd still like him on my team though...Jack Del Rio would've smacked his ass down...

Komp
03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Wow...what a soap opera....

themaninblack
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
im even more surprised the team didn't rise up as one and slay him.

+rep to anyone who gets that reference...

Cashmoney
03-06-2008, 11:24 PM

Lewis Black

themaninblack
03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
good work. +rep for you sir.

DaBear89
03-06-2008, 11:43 PM
dude, if he had been on a team with any kind of D leader he woulda been ******. can u imagine him doing that with som1 like Ray Ray, Strahan, or Urlacher on the team. or better yet...Mike Ditka or Bill Cowher! that fight woulda been the funniest thing ever.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
This is pft were talking about.

Cashmoney
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
dude, if he had been on a team with any kind of D leader he woulda been ******. can u imagine him doing that with som1 like Ray Ray, Strahan, or Urlacher on the team. or better yet...Mike Ditka or Bill Cowher! that fight woulda been the funniest thing ever.

He's a punk. He probably wouldn't have done anything in that situation.

kwilk103
03-06-2008, 11:57 PM
This is pft were talking about.

theres a video with a cleveland brown that was on the team talkin about the fight

its legit unless the guy lied

themaninblack
03-07-2008, 12:13 AM
it is shaun smith. just saying...

PalmerToCJ
03-07-2008, 12:35 AM
I agree but he was throwing out compliments to us when he left here so I don't think he's holding any grudges.

DChess
03-07-2008, 01:06 AM
shaun smith is such a gossip queen

EvilMonkey
03-07-2008, 02:13 AM

kinda mad i came home drunk to find a missed Lewis Black quote challenge...

"I'd buy my very own personal ball washer."

fondoffilm
03-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Now we know why Hue didn't want to go back to Cincinnati. Lolololo

The Legend
03-08-2008, 11:17 PM
i wonder if he did this on purpose just to get traded

aNYtitan
03-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Sad to say, I would want him on my team. He is arguably the best WR in the NFL and you can put the bank on it that he has a 1300 yard season every year. What is his trade value worth in terms of draft picks, including his issues and age

PalmerToCJ
03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Hue Jackson comes out and denies it happened:

"Chad Johnson never hit Marvin Lewis. Chad Johnson never hit me. Chad Johnson never put anybody in a headlock. Chad Johnson was very emotional at halftime of that game. The true story to all that was Chad had an IV in his arm and me, and him were talking about plans for the second half and he got emotional because he said, 'Hey, coach, without Carson (Palmer) I'm not going to be able to get the ball.'

"And that's what it was and I told him, `Well, then you need to tell (offensive coordinator) Coach Bratkowski that.' And he ripped the IV out of his arm, and it's like anything else, you see blood coming out of a person's arm people think the worst. And he went from there to go into the locker room to let Coach Lewis know that, 'Hey, look, I want the ball.' And that was it. And when he opened the door he stumbled out of the training room so he was flailing and people think that he was swinging on people. Chad wasn't swinging on anybody. Chad would not hit Marvin Lewis, and Chad sure would not hit me. So that is not what happened and I'm very disappointed that now, even after two years, we have to discuss this again. But that is exactly what happened."

Who knows, he had a good relationship with our WR's.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-10-2008, 02:28 PM
i don't believe the claim that he swung at the HC. I highly doubt that would be handled so casually and that other players wouldn't have an issue with this. Pretty sure that there would be an outright report if something like this actually happened.

LonghornsLegend
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Its old news, like old as hell, and I really believe had he actually hit Marvin there would of been someone else who had a problem or more reports about it since then, seems odd to me.

themaninblack
03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
pretty sure willie anderson would have ate him.

yourfavestoner
03-10-2008, 07:37 PM
With this stupid ass thread and the Jamarcus Russell 300 pound thread, I just got reminded of how much this board sucks during the offseason.

bigbluedefense
03-10-2008, 09:41 PM
wait, hold up. if Chad actually did swing and connect like was said....wouldn't we see a big ass bruise on Marvin Lewis's face?

im not buying it. not to mention at least 3 guys wouldve stomped Chad out if that really happened.

regoob2
03-10-2008, 09:47 PM
i wonder if he did this on purpose just to get traded
I don't think even he's stupid enough to do that to get traded.