PDA

View Full Version : Keylime's First Mock of 2008

keylime_5
03-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, my first mock that I posted on the web anyways. I probably do at least 2 a day since January or so. I get a lot of picks right in the first round usually in my final mocks, at least 10-12 or so. Of course I never usually post one on here until March or April or so just b/c they go out of date so often, but this is my latest top 10 that I feel pretty darn good about and I think in April the top 10 picks will more or less look a lot like this:

1-Miami-Chris Long
2-St.Louis-Jake Long
3-Atlanta-Glenn Dorsey
4-Oakland-Darren McFadden
5-Kansas City-Ryan Clady
6-New York-Vernon Gholston
7-New England-Leodis McKelvin
8-Baltimore-Matt Ryan
9-Cincinnati-Sedrick Ellis
10-New Orleans-Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

I have pretty good feelers out there sensing that Miami is gonna take Howie's son, that St.Louis is gonna get Jake Long if Chris is unavailable, that Atlanta is not gonna pass on Glenn Dorsey despite his little injury concerns, and that Darren McFadden will almost certainly be at or right near the top of Oakland's draft board as a BPA pick. Look for KC to pick either Jeff Otah or Ryan Clady depending on which they like more if they can't deal down. New England seems like either McKelvin or Rivers, and I think McKelvin is gonna be higher on most boards. DRC or Jenkins to New Orleans, DRC definitely has more upside and I strongly believe New Orleans will go for upside over anything else in their cornerback pick at 10 overall.

Regarding the rest of the first round I'm not gonna post it, but I will say that Buffalo will either take Sweed or Jenkins IMO, and Denver taking Keith Rivers is a slam dunk. Derrick Harvey to Carolina, Otah to Chicago, and Albert to Pittsburgh are some other spoilers I guess. If you really wanna know who I think your team will pick in the first round then just ask, but I really change picks 11-31 around a lot.

neko4
03-07-2008, 06:45 PM
nice top 10, i hope DRC doesnt go that early

thebow305
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, my first mock that I posted on the web anyways. I probably do at least 2 a day since January or so. I get a lot of picks right in the first round usually in my final mocks, at least 10-12 or so. Of course I never usually post one on here until March or April or so just b/c they go out of date so often, but this is my latest top 10 that I feel pretty darn good about and I think in April the top 10 picks will more or less look a lot like this:

1-Miami-Chris Long
2-St.Louis-Jake Long
3-Atlanta-Glenn Dorsey
4-Oakland-Darren McFadden
5-Kansas City-Ryan Clady
6-New York-Vernon Gholston
7-New England-Leodis McKelvin
8-Baltimore-Matt Ryan
9-Cincinnati-Sedrick Ellis
10-New Orleans-Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie

I have pretty good feelers out there sensing that Miami is gonna take Howie's son, that St.Louis is gonna get Jake Long if Chris is unavailable, that Atlanta is not gonna pass on Glenn Dorsey despite his little injury concerns, and that Darren McFadden will almost certainly be at or right near the top of Oakland's draft board as a BPA pick. Look for KC to pick either Jeff Otah or Ryan Clady depending on which they like more if they can't deal down. New England seems like either McKelvin or Rivers, and I think McKelvin is gonna be higher on most boards. DRC or Jenkins to New Orleans, DRC definitely has more upside and I strongly believe New Orleans will go for upside over anything else in their cornerback pick at 10 overall.

Regarding the rest of the first round I'm not gonna post it, but I will say that Buffalo will either take Sweed or Jenkins IMO, and Denver taking Keith Rivers is a slam dunk. Derrick Harvey to Carolina, Otah to Chicago, and Albert to Pittsburgh are some other spoilers I guess. If you really wanna know who I think your team will pick in the first round then just ask, but I really change picks 11-31 around a lot.

Great Phins pick, I hope you are right!

Do you really think Atlanta will pass on Ryan with Chris Redman as the only viable option at QB on the team. I doubt it very much. Also, I don't see KC reaching for Clady when Sedrick Ellis is available. That defense was awful last year and the middle of it was a BIG reason. They could grab an OT like Baker, Williams, or Nicks in the 2nd instead and really be able to upgrade both lines a lot better that way.

BigJohn98
03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Who do the Jags take?

thetedginnshow
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I like how you didn't give reason for the Jets, but that's fine. As long as they take him.

keylime_5
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
1- Atlanta I hear from some places looks like they would pick Dorsey or Long over Ryan. They'll probably get Henne or Brohm in round 2 I guess.

2-Vern to NYJ is a slam dunk if he's there and DMC is not

3-Jags get Lawrence Jackson in my last mock, but that is one pick I'm not really happy about yet and am hoping a guy like Campbell or Groves moves up.

T-RICH49
03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I pray to god we don't muse the 5th overall pick on Otah

thebow305
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
1- Atlanta I hear from some places looks like they would pick Dorsey or Long over Ryan. They'll probably get Henne or Brohm in round 2 I guess.

2-Vern to NYJ is a slam dunk if he's there and DMC is not

3-Jags get Lawrence Jackson in my last mock, but that is one pick I'm not really happy about yet and am hoping a guy like Campbell or Groves moves up.

I really doubt they would pass on a franchise QB when they don't have anything for sure at that position for someone with bigtime injury questions surrounding him. Maybe Jake Long, but not Dorsey, I just don't see it.

And IMO, Gholston is anything but a slam dunk to NY if he is there, Bryan Thomas is still young and coming into his own finally and they just paid HUGE money to FA Calvin Pace at the same position. It is known that they are trying to upgrade the RB position there or at least find a more capable backup for Jones, or even a comparable starter to the aging vet. If I had to put money on it, I would go for D-Mac over Gholston to NY is they are both there.

keylime_5
03-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree on DMAC to NY, but I think Oakland will take McFadden. Gholston is too good to pass up for NY if the first 5 picks fall out like that, and Pace or Thomas would move inside and really make the LB unit good.

Regarding Atlanta, IMO they should probably get Ryan and fill their need, but that's not what I'm hearing their gonna do. They'll probably get a lineman first and then a QB later. If Jake Long is taken (and perhaps if he's not) then I fully expect Atlanta to take Glenn Dorsey if they don't want Ryan. Regarding his injuries, Mel Kiper has said that people close to the situation say that the injuries don't affect his standing with Atlanta's draft board at all.

proshoota25
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
mckelvin is not a good fit in new england, id rather have rivers in that spot

Thunder&Lightning
03-07-2008, 11:02 PM
nice job so far...

thebow305
03-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I agree on DMAC to NY, but I think Oakland will take McFadden. Gholston is too good to pass up for NY if the first 5 picks fall out like that, and Pace or Thomas would move inside and really make the LB unit good.

Regarding Atlanta, IMO they should probably get Ryan and fill their need, but that's not what I'm hearing their gonna do. They'll probably get a lineman first and then a QB later. If Jake Long is taken (and perhaps if he's not) then I fully expect Atlanta to take Glenn Dorsey if they don't want Ryan. Regarding his injuries, Mel Kiper has said that people close to the situation say that the injuries don't affect his standing with Atlanta's draft board at all.

I'm also hearing that a switch to the 3-4 could possibly be in Atlanta's future. Maybe not this year but in the coming years, because of new GM's Dimitroff experience and success with it in NE. This would in fact almost completely rule out Dorsey IMO. I just really don't see him going to ATL. I could be wrong. I have heard nothing about Dorsey coming from ATL yet, all I've heard about is Jake Long and Matt Ryan now after the signing of Michael Turner. I really hope they want Ryan because he is our trade bait right now! :o

PackerLegend
03-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Who do you have the Green Bay Packers taking?

keylime_5
03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
reggie Smith to GB.

and about McKelvin, the guy excelled in a zone, man, bump and run, etc. coverage in college, he can literally fit into any defensive scheme in the NFL at corner, and is a great return man to boot. I think New England would be a good fit if they don't add another corner soon. Rivers just doesn't rate as high overall as him which is why I have him falling to Denver.

summond822
03-08-2008, 11:26 AM
so, who did Seattle end up getting?

keylime_5
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Jonathan Stewart in Seattle.

Some other notables: Cherilus to SD, Mendenhall to HOU, D.Jackson and K.Phillips to DAL, Balmer to WASH., Talib to AZ, Chris Wiliams to DET.

The_Dude
03-08-2008, 03:05 PM
And who does MN get?

bruschis4all
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
If Matt Ryan is there at 7. I guaran "bleepin tee NE will trade out of that spot. They will get a sweet deal from someone. I can see a deal with Atlanta for their 2 this year, one next year, and D.Hall.

Before you laugh. Giants gave up a one the following year. And, a 3 and a 5 in 04. Plus, P.Rivers to get ELI. Not sure they like Ryan as much as Accorsi liked Eli. But, they are similiar players. If Eli didn't have a certain brother.