PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Brayton

BlindSite
03-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Other than knowing how to use his knee, whats he like as a defensive end?

I know the guy had a lot of potential coming out and was bounced around between LB, DE and DT but how does he rate when he's allowed to just play?

I think we picked him up to be a bit of a tweener, playing DE on run downs on the RDE spot across from Peppers and then shifting into the NT spot on passing downs to allow McClover or Johnson to be on the field as well, giving us a good rushing line with Peppers, Lewis, Brayton and Johnson/McClover 4 guys who can rush the Passer.

Do you guys think he could feasible do well in this sort of role, or do you think he's a no hoper who'll be gone come june???

03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
He brings along some versatility as you mentioned which could be somewhat useful for depth purposes but I just wouldn't expect much production if any at all.

BlindSite
03-07-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking he's going to be somewhat of a spot player, out of 30 plays he'd be on the field for 10 to keep other guys fresh.

I like the idea of a big body who's stout enough against the run to spell Peppers or whomever we have at RDE come week one and a decent enough pass rusher to spell Lewis and Kemoeatu on passing downs.

nobodyinparticular
03-08-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking he's going to be somewhat of a spot player, out of 30 plays he'd be on the field for 10 to keep other guys fresh.

I like the idea of a big body who's stout enough against the run to spell Peppers or whomever we have at RDE come week one and a decent enough pass rusher to spell Lewis and Kemoeatu on passing downs.

Just don't use him as a LB in goal line situations... That's all I'll say about that...

Paranoidmoonduck
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Hard worker and has a good attitude, but I wouldn't expect that much field production from the guy. An average rotational defensive lineman.

portermvp84
03-09-2008, 09:20 PM
The only thing I remember him for is when he kneed Jeremy Stevens in the balls.