PDA

View Full Version : Julius Jones to Seattle

Vikings4ever
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3282689

LonghornsLegend
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL what an overcrowded backfield, I cant wait to see how all 4 of these guys fit in and whose getting cut.

neko4
03-07-2008, 08:45 PM
well TJ Duckett, Shaun Alexander, Maurice Morris, and Julius Jones, someone has to emerge

Smokey Joe
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I like this signing for them. Gives them some options in the backfield now with Alexander, Morris, Duckett, and Weaver.

DMWSackMachine
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Great signing, imo. I know that a lot of Cowboy fans have been critical of him, but I really think the guy still has star potential, if put in the right situation. It might be like his brother Thomas, where he is a late bloomer who finds a home with a second or third team.

Its funny that Seattle is the one signing him, since he's had (by far) his best performance against them. At the very least, he should provide them a home run threat to complement Shaun Alexander--if he's still there--or maybe Mendenhall/Stewart should they draft one of those guys. One thing I believe strongly, is that the Seahawks have had enough of that one dimensional passing team thing, and will do what it takes to re-establish the dominant run game they had a few years back.

This is a good start. Good luck, Julius.

XxXdragonXxX
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I doubt Alexander will be on the Seahawks roster more than a few days longer. And hopefully they draft Stewart, Mendenhall or Forte and cut Morris.

SaintsFanForLife
03-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Yea I agree Alaxander is gone...

Shane P. Hallam
03-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Do you think they would still draft someone if they keep SA?

neko4
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
if mendenhall or stewart is available at 25, then yes. Maybe Forte or another bigger back in the 2nd/3rd

Cashmoney
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I heard they were thinking about cutting Shaun Alexander. Maybe this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM

It would depend upon who is available, but I would have to say yes.

Mr. Stiller
03-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I doubt Alexander will be on the Seahawks roster more than a few days longer. And hopefully they draft Stewart, Mendenhall or Forte and cut Morris.

I'm thinking they draft a TE or OL first. Julius Jones could be a beast in that system.. especially if they get a mauler like LG (Jeff Otah?)

Add Duckett as the #2/SYB, Morris as the #3...

that should give them some cap room and Alexander out the door.

I like this move.

XxXdragonXxX
03-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Possibly, Duckett will be the backup FB, and the Seahawks normally carry 3 RBs and 2 FBs.

I could see Alexander, Jones and a rookie at RB, Weaver at FB and Duckett at RB/FB.

I highly doubt it, but it could happen.

neko4
03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Its funny that Seattle is the one signing him, since he's had (by far) his best performance against them.
Thats why Philly signed Darnerian McCants

keylime_5
03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
So much for Jonathan Stewart to Seattle with the crowded backfield they have now. Maybe good news for Dallas I guess at 28. Crazy that a RB as good as Jonathan Stewart can fall that far, but that's what happens when Mendenhall and McFadden are there ahead of him. That is all assuming that Alexander doesn't get cut and that they don't take stupid pills and get their 3rd tailback in later rounds.

AlexDown
03-07-2008, 09:50 PM
Didn't SA get a large contract 2 seasons ago?

jballa838
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
SA is out the door. I guarantee that. He will be cut or traded for a pick.

XxXdragonXxX
03-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm thinking they draft a TE or OL first. Julius Jones could be a beast in that system.. especially if they get a mauler like LG (Jeff Otah?)

I like this move.

I don't think Jones is going to be a beast in any system. He had a worse year than Alexander while running behind 3 pro-bowl OL...oh and he wasn't nursing a broken hand either. Shaun and his broken hand was running behind probably the worst run blocking line in teh league. IMO, the Seahawks just signed their 2008 backup RB. I don't think this signing means Shaun will be cut, he was going to be cut regardless.

Mr. Stiller
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Thats why Philly signed Darnerian McCants

And San Francisco signed Allen Rossum......

LonghornsLegend
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't think Jones is going to be a beast in any system. He had a worse year than Alexander while running behind 3 pro-bowl OL...oh and he wasn't nursing a broken hand either. Shaun and his broken hand was running behind probably the worst run blocking line in teh league. IMO, the Seahawks just signed their 2008 backup RB. I don't think this signing means Shaun will be cut, he was going to be cut regardless.

so why would they go out and sign two backup rbs? Im pretty sure they plan on one of those two having a decent role with the team.

Mr. Stiller
03-07-2008, 10:06 PM

Um.

NFC East vs. NFC West?

I think Jones could have have Starter like Numbers in Seattle.

XxXdragonXxX
03-07-2008, 10:08 PM
so why would they go out and sign two backup rbs? Im pretty sure they plan on one of those two having a decent role with the team.

Duckett is a short yardage and goalline back and will probably be the backup FB. The Jones signing might spell the end of Maurice Morris as the change of pace back.

The Legend
03-07-2008, 10:10 PM
i'd start Weaver

XxXdragonXxX
03-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Um.

NFC East vs. NFC West?

I think Jones could have have Starter like Numbers in Seattle.

Ok, that takes care of 6 games a year...what about the other 10?

Playing against bad teams doesn't mean big numbers. He had 15 carries for 32 yards against the Dolphins and 6 carries for 51 yards against the Patriots.

senormysterioso
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I think that this is going to end up being like Thomas Jones, where he didn't really take off with the team that drafted him but became a star to some extent with his next team.

Thunder&Lightning
03-07-2008, 10:59 PM
They have depth at RB but i dont think any of these RB's are the true answer. Hopefully they will be smart and get rid of Alexander and draft Mendenhall or Stewart if one of them are available. Let Duckett be the short yardage back and allow Jones and Morris to compete for the #2 RB position or maybe 3rd down back.

yodabear
03-08-2008, 02:23 AM
I could be the Seahawks running back and they would make the playoffs. That division sucks donkey dick.

Modano
03-08-2008, 03:00 AM

I like this move.

Julius Jones can be a beast only in Flag Football. He falls down on every contact, and he's scared to run through the hole at full speed. Considering he has no vision too, the only thing remaining from his great rookie campaign is his breakaway speed. If in Seattle they can find away to let him run without being touched for the first 5-10 yards, yes, he can be a great player.

stephenson86
03-08-2008, 03:19 AM
i wish we had got him in tennessee

Young Legend
03-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Tim McMahon who writes for Dallas Morning News..Thinks JJ will rush for 1,700 yards..LOl

SaintsFanForLife
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I can see him running for 1000 but 1700 come on really.

diabsoule
03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I like Jones as a #2 back in that system with Duckett being a 3rd down/short yardage type. They need a #1 back and Alexander is no longer that guy. I think Stewart would be the best fit for them.

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I like Jones as a #2 back in that system with Duckett being a 3rd down/short yardage type. They need a #1 back and Alexander is no longer that guy. I think Stewart would be the best fit for them.

That still seems like one back too many, if they draft Stewart I only see them using one other rb, the Jags barely use all 3 of their backs and their probably best suited for it with Drew, Taylor, and Jones, but Greg jones rarely gets any carries in any situation, so I really dont see 3 rbs getting on the field all year long, if they draft stewart he is definately big enough to be a short yardage back, he's 230 lbs, im pretty sure if he comes in and has a great impact they wont want to take him out of the game for Duckett.

ks_perfection
03-08-2008, 09:57 PM
It wouldn't take them long to realize that Stewart is a much better goaline back.

If Stewart is available they should definitly take him, not only is it a good fit but a great value.

03-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Tim McMahon who writes for Dallas Morning News..Thinks JJ will rush for 1,700 yards..LOl

Weren't there more than a few ppl predicting him to rush for that same total back in '05? If he emerges as the starter I could see a number close to 1000 yards but nothing more.

portermvp84
03-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Where does Alexander play in all this? Seattle just signed two backs in Duckett and Jones. Will they trade or release him or will they give him a couple of carries each game?

Eagles own the NFC East
03-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Alexander is gone, if they couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him the year before his MVP season, how much are they gonna get for a older and much more banged up Alexander? I don't know how many teams are going to want him.

LonghornsLegend
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Alexander is gone, if they couldn't get a 2nd round pick for him the year before his MVP season, how much are they gonna get for a older and much more banged up Alexander? I don't know how many teams are going to want him.

Somebody will, but he's going to be very cheap, he looked horrible for the most of last year injuries aside, he just looks like he lost a step, his vision doesnt mean much now because he barely can hit the hole with any explosion, obviously Seattle took notice.

portermvp84
03-13-2008, 12:14 PM
So I take it Seattle is going to release Alexander if, there aren't any buyers?