PDA

View Full Version : 3 RND Mock w/ explanations

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
1ST ROUND
1. Miami Dolphins: Chris Long(LB/DE) , Virginia- brings Parcells mentality, a versatile player with non-stop motor.

2. St. Louis Rams: Vernon Gholston(DE) , Ohio State- gotta give Barron one more year, splitting hairs between him and Chris Long, allows them to get rid of Little and build a D from the inside out.

3. Atlanta Falcons: Glenn Dorsey(DT) , LSU- Mike Smith likes a mamouth in the middle and you can't possible think of a better mamouth than Dorsey.

4. Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden(RB) , Arkansas- this is Al Davis's team, pares Jamarcus Russell's passing game with McFadden's running game could be the NFL next nightmare tandem.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long(LT) , Michigan- just seems to fight, blue collar player-blue collar team, immediate starter at LT.

6. New York Jets: Matt Ryan(QB) , Boston College- Clemens is not the QB of the future rumor's are Pennington is actually going to start this year, Ryan has the "it" factor that many QB's dont have, smart player who can deal with the pressure NY brings.

7. New England Patriots: Keith Rivers(MLB) , USC- wore the legendary #55 at USC(like Seau and McGinest, where did they playin the NFL?), enough said, smart/instinctive player who can start immediatly.

8. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Clady(LT) , Boise State- Ogden is likely to retire and Gaither is not the answer, Clady cares Pro Day buzz to draft and becomes a franchise LT for years to come.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis(DT) , USC- unable to get a impact player in the middle via trade but they luck out, Ellis brings toughness that the Bengals D has lacked.

10. New Orleans Saints: Leodis McKelvin(CB) , Troy- some say DRC but he needs time to develop in the NFL, the Saints need a impact player immediatly, McKelvin is a player you can put on a island and not have to worry about big plays happening.

11. Buffalo Bills: Derrick Harvey(DE) , Florida- getting to the QB was a rarity last year, with Stroud and McCargo taking double teams inside, Harvey will be free to fly off the edge.

12. Denver Broncos: Kenny Phillips(FS/SS) , Miami (FL)- the Broncos have the one of the worst saftey situations in the league, Phillips can come in and start at SS over Abdullah and step in for Lynch when he leaves.

13. Carolina Panthers: Chris Williams(LT) , Vanderbilt- need a natural LT so they can kick Wharton inside, has all the tools to become a Pro-Bowl LT in the league.

14. Chicago Bears: Brandon Albert(LG/LT) , Virginia- brings "nasty" mentality that Chicago is all about, can start immediatly at LG, and eventually fill in for Tait at LT when he leaves.

15. Detroit Lions: Phillip Merling(DE) , Clemson- team desperate for a Pro-Bowl caliber DE, Merling has a complete game and was the most dominanting defensive player in the ACC last year.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Rashard Mendenhall(RB) , Illinois- Edge has not lived up to expectations, Mendenhall brings a toughness that this franchise is trying to build, will split carries immediatly maybe even take Edge's job later in the season.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Aqib Talib(CB/KR) , Kansas- this team's D is good but lacks a playmaker, Talib brings that ability to the table.

18. Houston Texans: Sam Baker, USC- a bit of a reach but they are desperate for a LT, Baker is a perfect fit at LT in a zone blocking scheme.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Limas Sweed(WR) , Texas- McNabb want's a playmaker, Sweed has the combination of size and speed that is a rarity in this league.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mike Jenkins(CB), USF- Ronde has a year or two left in this league, Jenkins fits this system perfect and Kiffin's man-crush continues.

21. Washington Redskins- Dominique Rodgers(CB/S)-Cromartie , Tennessee State: DRC has the potential to be a franchise corner but needs time, he can develop behind Springs until he leaves.

22. Dallas Cowboys- Malcolm Kelly(WR) , Oklahoma: without TO this offense looks average, Kelly becomes Romo's Michael Irvin for the future of the Cowboy's.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Jeff Otah(LG/LT) , Pittsburgh: just looks like a Steeler, can start at LG and can expierement with him as a LT in a couple years.

24. Tennessee Titans- Chilo Rachal(OG) , USC: team has a major whole at Guard, Rachal is a good kid with a ton of talent.

25. Seattle Seahawks- DeSean Jackson(WR) , Cal: Playmaker, brings speed to a offense that looked sluggish last season.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Calais Campbell(DE) , Miami (FL): Jacksonville loves a player with good size, overshadowed by poor work out #'s but brings a toughness to a front that needs to reload.

27. San Diego Chargers- Gosder Cherilus(RT) , Boston College: team with few needs, but Jeremy Clary is not a quality RT, Cherilus is a mauler that is a perfect fit at RT.

28. Dallas Cowboys- Felix Jones(RB/KR) , Arkanas: brings the lightning to Barbarian's thunder, can make a impact in the kicking game as well.

29. San Francisco 49ers- Dan Connor(MLB) , Penn State: Lineup now- Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Dan Connor , Manny Lawson, and Mike Singletary coaching them up, wow what a scary LB core for the next decade.

30. Green Bay Packers- Jonathan Stewart(RB/KR) , Oregon: I love Ryan Grant but you can't pass on a potential franchise back, Stewart/Grant attack takes some pressure of the passing game.

31. New England Patriots - (Forfeited as penalty for cheating)

32. New York Giants- Kentwan Balmer(DT) , North Carolina: Balmer has Top 10 talent but lacks the work ethic, leaders along the D-Line allows Balmer to reach his full potential.

2ND ROUND
33. Miami Dolphins- Joe Flacco(QB) , Delaware
34. St. Louis Rams- Devin Thomas(WR) , Michigan State
35. Oakland Raiders- Lawrence Jackson(DE) , USC
36. Kansas City Chiefs - Antoine Cason(CB) , Arizona
37. New York Jets- Jonathan Goff(LB) , Vanderbilt
38. Atlanta Falcons- Brian Brohm(QB) , Louisville
39. Baltimore Ravens- Patrick Lee(CB) , Auburn
40. San Francisco 49ers- James Hardy(WR) , Indiana
41. New Orleans Saints- Pat Sims(DT) , Auburn
42. Buffalo Bills- Dustin Keller(TE) , Purdue
43. Denver Broncos- Earl Bennett(WR) , Vanderbilt
44. Carolina Panthers- DaJuan Morgan(FS) , North Carolina State
45. Chicago Bears- Chad Henne(QB) , Michigan
46. Detroit Lions- Curtis Lofton(MLB) , Oklahoma
47. Cincinnati Bengals- Erin Henderson(WLB) , Maryland
48. Minnesota Vikings- Quentin Groves(DE) , Auburn
49. Atlanta Falcons- Fred Davis(TE) , USC
50. Philadelphia Eagles- Tavares Gooden(WLB) , Miami (FL)
51. Arizona Cardinals- Brandon Flowers(CB) , Virginia Tech
52. Washington Redskins- Early Doucet(WR) , LSU
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chris Johnson(RB/KR) , East Carolina
54. Pittsburgh Steelers- Reggie Smith(CB/S) , Oklahoma
55. Tennessee Titans- Tracy Porter(CB) , Indiana
56. Seattle Seahawks- John Carlson(TE) , Notre Dame
57. Green Bay Packers- Darrell Robertson(DE) , Georgia Tech
58. Miami Dolphins- Cliff Avril , Purdue
59. Jacksonville Jaguars- Heath Benedict , Newberry
60. Indianapolis Colts- Lavelle Hawkins(WR) , Cal
61. Green Bay Packers-Martellus Bennett(TE) , Texas A&M
62. Dallas Cowboys- Dre Moore(NT) , Maryland
63. New England Patriots- Justin King(CB) , Penn State
64. New York Giants- Xavier Adibi(WLB) , Virginia Tech

3RD ROUND
65. Miami Dolphins- Anthony Collins(RT) , Kansas
66. St. Louis Rams- Carl Nicks(RT/LT) , Nebraska
67. Kansas City Chiefs- Letroy Guion(DT) , Florida State
68. Carolina Panthers- Andre Woodson(QB) , Kentucky
69. Atlanta Falcons- Jerod Mayo(MLB) , Tennessee
70. New England Patriots- Kellen Davis(TE) , Michigan State
71. San Francisco 49ers- Tom Zbikowski(S), Notre Dame
72. Buffalo Bills- Terrence Wheatley(CB) , Colorado
73. Jacksonville Jaguars- Marcus Harrison(DT) , Arkansas
74. Minnesota Vikings- Trevor Laws(DT) , Notre Dame
75. Carolina Panthers- Kevin Smith(RB) , Central Florida
76. Chicago Bears- Ray Rice(RB), Rutgers
77. Detroit Lions- Jacob Hester(RB/FB), LSU
78. Cincinnati Bengals- Mario Manningham(WR) , Michigan
79. New Orleans Saints- Mike Pollack(C/OG) , Arizona State
80. Houston Texans- Jamaal Charles(RB) , Texas
81. Philadelphia Eagles- Charles Godfrey(CB/S) , Iowa
82. Arizona Cardinals- Jordy Nelson(WR), Kansas State
83. Minnesota Vikings- Andre Caldwell(WR) , Florida
84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Donnie Avery(WR), Houston
85. Washington Redskins- Josh Barrett (SS) , Arizona State
86. Tennessee Titans- Jermichael Finley(TE) , Texas
87. Seattle Seahawks- John David Booty(QB) , USC
88. Detroit Lions- Phillip Wheeler (SLB) , Georgia Tech
89. Pittsburgh Steelers- Matt Forte (RB) , Tulane
90. Jacksonville Jaguars- Beau Bell(SLB/MLB) , UNLV
91. Chicago Bears- Dexter Jackson(WR/KR) , Appalachian State
92. Green Bay Packers- Jack Ikegwuonu(CB) , Wisconsin
93. Dallas Cowboys- Chevis Jackson(CB) , LSU
94. Indianapolis Colts- Jordon Dizon(SLB) , Colorado
95. New England Patriots- Jason Jones(DE/LB) , Eastern Michigan
96. New York Giants- Terrell Thomas(CB) , USC

Cashmoney
03-07-2008, 09:01 PM
First of all, you did not address our biggest need, WR. We picked up Crumpler in FA so we will take a WR before a TE. Secondly, no way we take Chilo Rachal in the first. The only guard we'd even consider taking in the first is Branden Albert and I doubt he'll be there.

thebow305
03-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Avril doesn't make any sense if we just drafted Chris Long, so give us Martellus or Justin King there instead. Also, Nicks seems to be a better fit for us than Collins at OT. Like where your head's at though!

neko4
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Stewart wont last till 30

Bills2083
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
The Bills need a WR.
We only have Evans, Reed, and Parrish

BeerBaron
03-07-2008, 09:33 PM
boy...to say thats a little high for albert is an understatement. you rarely see guards in the first round, and almost never as high as 14. even with chris williams gone, i think the bears go mendenhall then otah with that pick.

and henne, i HATE henne. he embodies everything thats bad about grossman without any of the positives. he was an alright college QB who has NO, ZIP, ZERO, NADA pro potential. i do not want him to be a bear. id just hold off and not go QB until later. give orton and rexy another year with no one i like there.

rice....acceptable. not my ideal RB to come out of there with since we just drafted an undersized, overacheiver in college RB in wolfe last year. but ill accept it.

and jackson....eh, alright. we dont really need his return skills so id rather take a better receiver like adrian arrington. but acceptable enough

regoob2
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Ya. thats a big time reach for Albert and I doubt a college OG should be considerd the future LT.

SimonRath
03-07-2008, 09:40 PM
nice Falcons mock.
but im pretty sure that the Falcons would take Jack Long ahead of Glen Dorsey.
but Brian Brohm and Fred Davis in the 2nd round is awsome!

The Legend
03-07-2008, 09:59 PM
im ok with the packers draft

Jack Ikegwuonu in the 3rd kid wont even play

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Avril doesn't make any sense if we just drafted Chris Long, so give us Martellus or Justin King there instead. Also, Nicks seems to be a better fit for us than Collins at OT. Like where your head's at though!

For Avril, I dont think Parcells likes Joey Porter as a OLB either, hes addressed the middle threw FA. Having a versatile player like Long and a consistent pass rusher like Avril (drafted Spencer even though DeMarcus Ware was their in BIG D) has the potential to be dominant.

The Bills need a WR.
We only have Evans, Reed, and Parrish

Dustin Keller is so versatile he can play the H-BACK spot instead of Neufeld and Schouman but can also play TE and split out wide and create a physical presence that Buffalo lacks.

proshoota25
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
decent patriots pick, i like rivers, king, and davis....... i dont think reggie smith will fall that deep in the second round..... i think hes a mid to late first round pick

msealy2
03-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Even though the first round pick doesn't necessarily address a need, I really love the Vikings picks. I would rather have DRC over Talib, but the overall Vikes draft is very good, Quentin Groves is a DE I would love to add to this team and Laws and Caldwell are solid third rounders, however I think, as of right now, Jermichael Finley would be the pick over Caldwell. Overall good draft though.

Crazy_Chris
03-07-2008, 10:07 PM
The Vikings are not going to draft a CB in round 1 they already have Winfield, Cedric Griffin, and Marcus McCauley. They need an upgrade at RT Jeff Otah would be the pick at #17.

JagHombre22
03-07-2008, 10:09 PM
we don't need a guard and a LB in rounds 2 and 3...bad mock..

DiG
03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
great pick for the redskins in rd 1.

rd2 and 3 imo arent very good though. at least one spot on the dline or oline have to be addressed in the first 3 rounds if not both. i truly feel the skins are going to do what it takes to get a wr in a trade or get hackett and i like reed doughty at ss enough that im confident waiting till a later round to bring in depth.

The Dynasty
03-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Even though the first round pick doesn't necessarily address a need, I really love the Vikings picks. I would rather have DRC over Talib, but the overall Vikes draft is very good, Quentin Groves is a DE I would love to add to this team and Laws and Caldwell are solid third rounders, however I think, as of right now, Jermichael Finley would be the pick over Caldwell. Overall good draft though.

Agreed. Considering That Harvey, Merling, Williams, and Phillips are all gone before the 17th Pick. I wouldnt mind the CB as much. But Like He said Dominique Rogers-Cromartie would be better.

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-07-2008, 10:53 PM
we don't need a guard and a LB in rounds 2 and 3...bad mock..

Rumor is the reason they cut Naeole is because they felt that they could replace him in the draft and brought back Maurice Williams as a stop gap. Mike Tice has openly admitted that he loves the way Heath Benedict plays and could see him as a Pro Bowl Guard. If a O-Line coach believes you have a potential Pro-Bowl you take him. Daryl Smith is just as productive at Inside Backer or even more productive than at strong side. Mike Peterson has been rumored to be cut because he being payed roughly 3 million a year and has a 1.6 million dollar roster bonus coming up, and on top of that hes only played in 15 games the past 2 seasons. So if they put Daryl Smith at middle, have Justin Durant as Weakside and have Clint Ingram and draft Beau Bell to split at strong side. If you factor that in I think those are two pretty big needs.

Thunder&Lightning
03-07-2008, 11:01 PM
good sd pick with both S's gone Cherilus is the next best option.

jj45
03-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Bears style of football has always been running the football, benson can't run, mendenhall is the number option then tackle then wr we take mendenhall we start orton we win

DaBear89
03-08-2008, 01:19 AM
mendenhall is the number (one?) option then tackle

no...that is all.

as far as the draft, wouldnt mind albert if it was a trade down but idk @ 14. same boat with baron with henne, altho im just a passenger, not the going full steam ahead. man cruch on rice so love it(and baron he's the exact opposit running style as wolfe so its at least kinda diff). and again agree with baron that we need a more complete/ready WR, not that we'll likely find one in rnd 3.

B- overall for bears tho

PossumBoy9
03-08-2008, 01:24 AM
That's a great three rounds for the Rams.

vidae
03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Love the first and second picks but not in love with the third. We have bigger needs than drafting a third defensive tackle in two years.

Good job overall though.

Me Likey Rookies
03-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Perfect Bucs mock. A future stud at CB and two playmakers on offense. Nicely done, I would've liked to see Trevor Laws go to the bucs but I am not sure if I would rather have Laws or Chris Johnson.

the decider13
03-08-2008, 02:32 AM
I like the bennett pick in the 2nd, I think that will happen.

With as much as the broncos have been focusing their FA on defense, I have a feeling they will go offense in the first.

But if they go defense, phillips will be the pick

Crickett
03-08-2008, 03:00 AM
6. New York Jets: Matt Ryan(QB) , Boston College- Clemens is not the QB of the future rumor's are Pennington is actually going to start this year, Ryan has the "it" factor that many QB's dont have, smart player who can deal with the pressure NY brings.

And why exactly isn't Clemens the QB of the future? Because he didn't excel in an offense that couldn't run the ball and left him running for his life more often than not? Clemens deserves at least this year to show whether or not he can be the guy for the Jets. Especially with the additions of Faneca and Woody.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Aqib Talib(CB/KR) , Kansas- this team's D is good but lacks a playmaker, Talib brings that ability to the table.

Darren Sharper? Not a playmaker? Lastt I checked, the Vikings had a trio of good corners aside from safety Darren Sharper, and they may have just lost Kenechi Udeze. :(

30. Green Bay Packers- Jonathan Stewart(RB/KR) , Oregon: I love Ryan Grant but you can't pass on a potential franchise back, Stewart/Grant attack takes some pressure of the passing game.

And yet 26 other teams did in this mock.

33. Miami Dolphins- Joe Flacco(QB) , Delaware

A second second round QB in a row?

37. New York Jets- Jonathan Goff(LB) , Vanderbilt

Soooo the Jets traded Jonathan Vilma so they could reach for a middle linebacker in the draft?

Dam8610
03-08-2008, 03:17 AM
I doubt you could have come up with a worse Colts' mock. Dre Moore and Jason Jones would be MUCH better Colts picks.

ancoin
03-08-2008, 04:01 AM
The Vikings are not going to draft a CB in round 1 they already have Winfield, Cedric Griffin, and Marcus McCauley. They need an upgrade at RT Jeff Otah would be the pick at #17.

Jeff Otah fits our Zone-Block scheme real bad! If the draft happened like this one I would hope for a trade down. Otherwise I would go after BPA!

The 2. pick is awesome! If Grover is there at that pick we got to take him! Even if we all ready took Harvey.

21ST
03-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Pretty bad redskins draft

T-RICH49
03-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Only thing I'd say about KC's draft is I'd grab Manningham or Nelson in the 3rd.First two picks are great

scar988
03-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Atlanta doesn't need a TE. we need an OT.

CARDIAC CAT 7
03-08-2008, 01:27 PM
And why exactly isn't Clemens the QB of the future? Because he didn't excel in an offense that couldn't run the ball and left him running for his life more often than not? Clemens deserves at least this year to show whether or not he can be the guy for the Jets. Especially with the additions of Faneca and Woody.

Darren Sharper? Not a playmaker? Lastt I checked, the Vikings had a trio of good corners aside from safety Darren Sharper, and they may have just lost Kenechi Udeze. :(

And yet 26 other teams did in this mock.

A second second round QB in a row?

Soooo the Jets traded Jonathan Vilma so they could reach for a middle linebacker in the draft?

About Jets/Kellen Clemens issue:
Once again rumor is that Chad Pennington is going to start, they got all these ready to go guys and don't believe that Clemens is good enough to start this season. How are you going to start a guy the previous year and then grab some weapons and say hes not good enough to start this year??? Then Matt Ryan falls, they are not going to pass on Matt Ryan because well you say that they would fell bad that they didn't give Clemens a chance. They can just trade Clemens for a Day 2 Pick while other teams still feel he can be a starter.

Jonathan Stewart falling to 30:
RB's fall all the time some teams wont even draft a RB in the 1st Round because they believe that franchise RB's can be found in Round 2 and 3. History shows that RB's fall almost every year, With 4 backs being classified as 1st Round Pick's someone is bound to fall. 03' Larry Johnson fell to late in Round 1, and 04' Kevin Jones fell (even though he hasn't lived up to his potential).

Jonathan Goff:
very underatted player, he smart and versatile player and can fit into any system. Jets have addressed most of their needs through FA, Goff is player who can come in start in a 3-4 D and look comfortable.

Crickett
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
About Jets/Kellen Clemens issue:
Once again rumor is that Chad Pennington is going to start, they got all these ready to go guys and don't believe that Clemens is good enough to start this season. How are you going to start a guy the previous year and then grab some weapons and say hes not good enough to start this year??? Then Matt Ryan falls, they are not going to pass on Matt Ryan because well you say that they would fell bad that they didn't give Clemens a chance. They can just trade Clemens for a Day 2 Pick while other teams still feel he can be a starter.

The problem here is assuming that rumor is a fact. One that assumes that the Jets have no faith in Clements And quite frankly, its not a rumor that I've heard, nor is it a belief I have heard attached to the Jets in any way shape or form.

Jonathan Stewart falling to 30:
RB's fall all the time some teams wont even draft a RB in the 1st Round because they believe that franchise RB's can be found in Round 2 and 3. History shows that RB's fall almost every year, With 4 backs being classified as 1st Round Pick's someone is bound to fall. 03' Larry Johnson fell to late in Round 1, and 04' Kevin Jones fell (even though he hasn't lived up to his potential).

The point is, if 26 teams were willing to pass on a RB, why wouldn't a 27th tean who is already set at RB?

Jonathan Goff:
very underatted player, he smart and versatile player and can fit into any system. Jets have addressed most of their needs through FA, Goff is player who can come in start in a 3-4 D and look comfortable.

Sounds like what I heard about Anthony Schliegel when the Jets drafted him. Addressing all of those needs should allow the Jets to draft the BPA or at least draft a pure pass rusher, which they are still lacking. Not reach for a lesser need.

Menardo75
03-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Interesting 9ers draft it adresses needs but not their most glaring idk what to think about it.

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 03:46 PM
i can live with the packers draft minus Ike. the kid is at best a seventh rounder right now cause of the bum knee.

PalmerToCJ
03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Awesome Bengals mock. Addresses two huge needs and goes with a good value pick in the third. I will say I think a OC/RB/another LB may be more likely but I wouldn't be dissapointed.

UK Cards Fan
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry, but I do not like that Cardinals mock draft.

Round 1 - More of a personal preference, admittedly, but I think Mendenhall may disappoint as a Pro. He's certainly a good prospect, but I don't think he will be the type of elite back that justifies a first round selection. Add in that we are desperate for a future #1 CB (Our DC, Clancy Pendergast is one of the brilliant defensive minds out there but he can only do so much when our CBs need help) and the fact that DRC and Jenkins are available... If you insist on a RB to replace Edge, I would rather have Jonathan Stewart, but when there is so much later RB talent.... I'd pass.

Like I said we need a #1 CB...Which is why I don't like Brandon Flowers. For mine, he profiles as a very good #2, but we already have two very good 2s in Eric Green and Rod Hood. I also wouldn't touch Flowers first day due to character concerns.

The third round pick... We have two of the best WRs in the game and you give us Jordy Nelson? A speed WR could possibly be justified to stretch the field, although for a team with as many holes as us, I don't know for certain that any WR could be justified.

I'm appreciative of anyone who does a lengthy and explained Mock Draft, but I just don't like the Cardinals' draft.

gsorace
03-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Pretty much the worst Jets mock ever.

BaLLiN
03-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Horrible giants mock, Balmer is an alright pick (should be DB though), Adibi is an alright pick, thomas is an alright pick, but none of those players really help us immediately.

PackerLegend
03-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I dont really like the Packers draft. Jonathan Stewart I would be fine with in the 1st I guess but we need a cornerback. You gave us Jack Ikegwuonu in the 3rd but after he tore his ACL he will be lucky to get drafted.

Yung Flippa
03-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Baltimore 1st = It's an okay pick, and YES Jared Gaither is the anwser, there is a reason why we took him in the supplemental, to be JO's heir.
Baltimore 2nd = Patrick Lee is okay, but if Reggie Smith is falling that far in the draft, the Ravens take him easily.

Yung Flippa
03-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Good 3rd Round pick for Houston. Not really a fan of their 1st, I'd much rather have a corner like DRC or Jonathan Stewart.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I like the first pick for the Eagles, and would say that is the best possible pick of us in that situation. In the second round I would have Reggie Smith go to the Eagles, though I doubt he lasts that long. The third round pick works for me, but other CBs along with OTs are options there as well.

TyronePoole38
03-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Interesting 9ers draft it adresses needs but not their most glaring idk what to think about it.

Umm no. Terrible 9ers picks. Not hitting on our needs or finding players that fit into our system.

Justin Smith is going to play DE. That has been establised. So we need an OLB/DE. Thomas was signed to compete with Moore for the TED so we don't need to draft an ILB that high possibly later in the draft if it were to be BPA.

James Hardy does not fit the Martz system.

Tommy Z is not a need and a reach in the 3rd. The only way we draft a safety in the 3rd is if Phillips or Morgan would have fallen that far which wouldn't happen.

TimD
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I give you credit for making interesting Jets picks but you can't completely ignore 3 of our biggest needs (OLB, CB, WR) on Day 1. Ryan wouldn't be bad but I'd rather trade down to get more picks to address those needs. I think Mangini may be sold on Clemens or at least enough to give him a chance.

etk
03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Pretty bad Bucs mock. Our biggest needs are on the defensive front at LDE and DT and you addressed neither. I like Jenkins but we don't need to spend a first on a corner in a Tampa 2. The 2nd rounder makes no sense because we already have 2 similar backs in Warrick Dunn & Michael Bennett, and we wouldn't spend a high pick on another back anyway. The 3rd round pick is the only one I like.

B-Jac27Future
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Worst Giants mock I've seen yet. You have to adress the S and CB position MUCH earlier.

chug o nomics
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
You really nailed the Vikings draft. Great job, man.