PDA

View Full Version : Early Predictions for Heisman

proshoota25
03-07-2008, 10:11 PM
My ballot is again for Tim Tebow, he should put up even bigger numbers this year, and the team has a shot for the national championship. Back to back heismans = rediculous

Im_a_Romosexual
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Beanie Wells is my favorite

Michael Crabtree as my darkhorse

JagHombre22
03-07-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't think Tebow will win it again, not with Harvin taking votes away....I think it will be like the Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush year, where Bush won it...

catcher_0_3
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Do you know Knowshon?

BuddyCHRIST
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM
No way Tebow puts up bigger numbers, Moody will take alot of his carries away. And No. 7 even said he's going to use two QB's to take some of the beating off of Tebow.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2008, 01:18 AM
My Top 5 right now:

1. Tim Tebow - Have to put him #1. He won it last year and he has the skills to repeat. Will he? Probably not.

2. Knowshon Moreno - Great talent, he could make a real impact in the SEC and that could propel him up.

3. Chris Wells - OSU has a great defense and a great running game, could be an Eddie George type year for Beanie.

4. Chase Daniel - He was in the running last year and Missouri could end up being a very good team and putting him into contention

5. Michael Crabtree - Will he win it? Highly doubtful, but he has the talent.

Cashmoney
03-08-2008, 02:05 AM
My Top 5 right now:

1. Tim Tebow - Have to put him #1. He won it last year and he has the skills to repeat. Will he? Probably not.

2. Knowshon Moreno - Great talent, he could make a real impact in the SEC and that could propel him up.

3. Chris Wells - OSU has a great defense and a great running game, could be an Eddie George type year for Beanie.

4. Chase Daniel - He was in the running last year and Missouri could end up being a very good team and putting him into contention

5. Michael Crabtree - Will he win it? Highly doubtful, but he has the talent.

Thats pretty much my list as well.

Yatta!
03-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Don't think Tebow will win it again. My top two would be Moreno and Wells atm.

BrownsTown
03-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Chris Wells or Knowshon Moreno. It's entirely possible one of them could lose early in the season (more likely Wells), so if they do, I think Chase Daniel could be up there, along with Crabtree and Sam Bradford.

thebow305
03-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Beanie Wells

...With Graig Cooper as my darkhorse. :D

Sniper
03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
1. Carlos Brown
2. Sam McGuffie
3. Justin Feagin
4. J.R Hemingway
5. Toney Clemons

Ok, just kidding.

1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

Pros: The nation's most talented back. 6'1, 235, 4.45 speed is just not fair. The proud owner of the NCAA's nastiest stiff-arm, Wells will run around you, through you, and anywhere in between. He comes up big in big games, and for a Michigan fan to put him at #1, you know the kid's legit. Has a big game against one of the nation's top defenses on the road against USC which could propel him deeper into the conversation.

Cons: Lost All Big 10 RT Kirk Barton. May see less carries due to Brandon Saine likely playing a bigger role in the offense.

2. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida

Pros: Won it last year. Plays in a very QB friendly system. Has a lot of weapons, including Percy Harvin. Has the name recognition and Gary Danielson is sure to shlob all over his nuts on national TV, resulting in more votes.

Cons: Former USC RB Emmanuel Moody is now in the fold, likely to take away some rushing TDs. In addition, Percy Harvin may get even more touches, and so could Chris Rainey. No one has won the Heisman twice since Ohio State RB Archie Griffin.

3. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

Pros: Is a badass. Exploded onto the scene last year. Plays in the SEC, like Tebow, and that's always a plus in the eyes of voters. Stud team to go along with him.

Cons: Toughest schedule in the country, and Caleb King could steal touches.

BamaFalcon59
03-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I am going to go with Todd Boeckman, Ohio State University should be (once again) a National Championship team if they can beat Southern Cal University.

Thunder&Lightning
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
1. Wells
2. Moreno
3. Tebow
4. Daniels
5. Crabtree

People think Pat White could make a run?

BamaFalcon59
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
1. Wells
2. Moreno
3. Tebow
4. Daniels
5. Crabtree

People think Pat White could make a run?

I think Noel Devine, much like Steve Slaton, will take too much attention away from him.

BrownsTown
03-08-2008, 10:58 AM
I am going to go with Todd Boeckman, Ohio State University should be (once again) a National Championship team if they can beat Southern Cal University.

Chris Wells will be the candidate from OSU. Speaking as an OSU fan, Todd Boeckman sucks. Really overrated.

03-08-2008, 11:02 AM
1. Tim Tebow
2. Chris ‘Beanie’ Wells
3. Knowshon Moreno
4. Percy Harvin
5. Joe McKnight

kwilk103
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
pat white---hes goin to throw more, plus we have a shot at the nc/bcs bowl

he has the name recognition which is important

noel devine is goin to split the carries with terrance kerns, so his numbers arent gonna be off the charts, than if he was gettin all the carries

Jonny
03-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Kenny Britt!

princefielder28
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Dan LeFevour is going to lead Central Michigan into a BCS game and win himself a Heisman!

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
my money is on Peter Parker AKA "Spider Man"

fenikz
03-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I agree with most of the picks

My Darkhorse Rudy Carpenter QB Arizona State

I think the Devils are gonna be real good and he should have some good stats, they just need to beat USC

Go Blue
03-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Dan LeFevour is going to lead Central Michigan into a BCS game and win himself a Heisman!

I wish. actually he is my dark horse pick.

LonghornsLegend
03-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Michael Crabtree.

Tebow wont run the ball as much, so his numbers wont be as good, and he will be held to a higher standard with his performances and stats now being that he won it last year.

Michigan
03-08-2008, 11:18 PM
1. Chris Wells
2. Knowshon Moreno
3. Tim Tebow

Right now, those 3 stand out above the other candidates IMO. My darkhorse would be DeMarco Murray, if he qualifies as a darkhorse.

cdub11
03-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Tim Tebow
Chris Wells
Knowshon Moreno
Michael Crabtree

Darkhorse: Lesean McCoy

etk
03-09-2008, 04:26 AM
Chase Daniel will be that next Senior QB that plays on a level above everyone else. He's my pick.

BrownsTown
03-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Chase Daniel will be that next Senior QB that plays on a level above everyone else. He's my pick.

I think in the eyes of the voters, he needs to beat Oklahoma to have a shot. If not, there will always be that question of whether or not he's just the product of a top heavy and bottom weak big 12.

Xiomera
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the Heisman winner will be whoever Michigan finds to play Quarterback for them this year.

jballa838
03-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Darkhorse: Jake Locker. He has the ability to put up Tebow numbers, and he has a stronger Arm. but the Pac NW is whats holding him back. Oregon had to be ranked really high for people to notice him.

Shane P. Hallam
03-09-2008, 04:27 PM
He has to win games though...

bearsfan_51
03-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Well since everyone is saying essentially the same 4/5 people, here are a few more that I would consider.

C.J Spiller, Runningback, Clemson. James Davis inexplicably coming back hurts him a little, but not much. I think Spiller is just a notch below Moreno, and arguably more important to his teams overal success. I also think Clemson could compete for the national title.

George Selvie, Defensive End, South Florida. Ok it's unlikely, but Selvie could once again put up some amazing sack numbers, and if one of the top offensive guys doesn't get it, that means there is an overall malaize of talent, opening the door for an unexpected defense player (hey it worked for Charles Woodson)

etk
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I think in the eyes of the voters, he needs to beat Oklahoma to have a shot. If not, there will always be that question of whether or not he's just the product of a top heavy and bottom weak big 12.

Good point, but I don't think he has to beat Oklahoma to win. I think he has to play well against Oklahoma to win but he can't control the defense.

George Selvie, Defensive End, South Florida. Ok it's unlikely, but Selvie could once again put up some amazing sack numbers, and if one of the top offensive guys doesn't get it, that means there is an overall malaize of talent, opening the door for an unexpected defense player (hey it worked for Charles Woodson)

Calais Campbell also had a beastly rSo season and then struggled as a Junior when opposing offenses doubled him, keyed on him and ran away from him, plus injuries and graduation cost him an interior presence and pass rush help. Selvie will be facing the same situation with the rest of the line gone and offenses focusing on neutralizing him. Plus he got most of his production against weaker opponents. I like the thinking but I wouldn't expect Selvie to come close to matching his production this year.

James Laurinaitis will have the media hype on his side and I think he will be the highest ranked defensive player for the Heisman.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Good point, but I don't think he has to beat Oklahoma to win. I think he has to play well against Oklahoma to win but he can't control the defense.

Calais Campbell also had a beastly rSo season and then struggled as a Junior when opposing offenses doubled him, keyed on him and ran away from him, plus injuries and graduation cost him an interior presence and pass rush help. Selvie will be facing the same situation with the rest of the line gone and offenses focusing on neutralizing him. Plus he got most of his production against weaker opponents. I like the thinking but I wouldn't expect Selvie to come close to matching his production this year.

Personally I won't expect Selvie to come close to the Heisman but...

The rest of the line isn't gone...Buie is going to UT and we have a 4* JuCo DE coming in to bookmark. The only question mark is NT and all we really need their is guy who can get leverage. He'll get doubled but he's better off the line that Calais was so he'll probably handle it better. He'll probably get 10+ Sacks and 20 or so TFL.

etk
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Personally I won't expect Selvie to come close to the Heisman but...

The rest of the line isn't gone...Buie is going to UT and we have a 4* JuCo DE coming in to bookmark. The only question mark is NT and all we really need their is guy who can get leverage. He'll get doubled but he's better off the line that Calais was so he'll probably handle it better. He'll probably get 10+ Sacks and 20 or so TFL.

The factor that may separate Campbell's situation from Selvie's is how well Selvie handles the extra weight that most asusme he will put on. Calais put on about 10 lbs. before his Junior year and like you said he wasn't as effective off the line. I think Selvie will end up with 8 sacks and 16-20 TFLs.

According to my magazine USF loses 3 starters on the line. Those things always change, but once again, we expected Teraz McCray and Eric Moncur to fill in fine for Kareem Brown and Baraka Atkins, but there was still a drop off.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
The factor that may separate Campbell's situation from Selvie's is how well Selvie handles the extra weight that most asusme he will put on. Calais put on about 10 lbs. before his Junior year and like you said he wasn't as effective off the line. I think Selvie will end up with 8 sacks and 16-20 TFLs.

According to my magazine USF loses 3 starters on the line. Those things always change, but once again, we expected Teraz McCray and Eric Moncur to fill in fine for Kareem Brown and Baraka Atkins, but there was still a drop off.

Well, Campbell was pretty big all ready, Selvie was only 245 with a big frame. Buie gained an extra year of eligibility by graduating early, and him lining up next to Selvie definitely helps him, I'm not saying he'll repeat, but I think 12 sacks 22 TFL is plausible.

scottyboy
03-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Mike Teel ftw!!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1107/ncf_a_teel_195.jpg

bearsfan_51
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I just can't see a linebacker ever winning the Heisman, especially an inside linebacker. If Butkus couldn't win it, nobody can. It's not a glamour position.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM

They dont play OU in the reg. season, but the do play Texas. Although OU/Mizzou is the probable Big 12 CG

BigJohn98
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Tebow
Harvin
Crabtree
Daniel

asmitty45
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Javon Ringer wont win it but he should at least get some love.

He's gonna go over 1500 or 1600 yards if he can stay healthy because of the absence of Jehuu Caulcrick. And if he should get 15 plus TD's (Jehuu got all the goal line carries last year and had 21 Td's about 13 of which belonged to Ringer)

That being said my early favorite is Beanie Wells but I think Tebow is going to be in it till the end again.

draftguru151
03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I said it in the last thread but Meyer said a while ago he plans to use a 2 QB system with Tebow/Newton. If he does go through with that, as well as the addition of Moody I don't expect Tebow to put up the numbers he did last year. I still think Tebow is the preseason favorite but I don't think he will end up winning it.

neko4
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
yeah i forgot about that.
he'll be preseason fave, but will drop like my balls did last week

Was that funny? Just wondering

JagHombre22
03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I really think Percy Harvin is a dark horse...

but that's just the homer in me...

jballa838
03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
He has to win games though...
winning games in the Pac-10 would guarantee a trip to New York. USC is a key game I think he needs to be highly rated going into.

Play Hard
03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
1. Joe McKnight
2. Tim Tebow
3. Knowshon Moreno
Dark horse. Mark Sanchez

roidrunner
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
my homer dark horse will be Bilal Powell

Sniper
03-10-2008, 09:55 AM
James Laurinaitis will have the media hype on his side and I think he will be the highest ranked defensive player for the Heisman.

Is this the year people finally realize he just jumps onto the pile at the end of a play and doesn't do that much elsewhere? Is this the year?

OhioState
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Is this the year people finally realize he just jumps onto the pile at the end of a play and doesn't do that much elsewhere? Is this the year?

Oh please, i mean he may be slightly overrated but he did just win the Butkus. He is a great LB and will have a huge impact on every game he plays in. He is also a great leader. He consistently makes plays on one of the most talented D's in the country and is definitely a premier player in the NCAA.

Sniper
03-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Oh please, i mean he may be slightly overrated but he did just win the Butkus. He is a great LB and will have a huge impact on every game he plays in. He is also a great leader. He consistently makes plays on one of the most talented D's in the country and is definitely a premier player in the NCAA.

Bull mother ******* ****. The only reason he won the Butkus is because everyone loves to shlob his nuts and he won it the year before, somehow beating out Patrick Willis. Still waiting on a reason for that one. He made something like 40 unassisted tackles all year. He never shows up in big games, and is a complete non factor whenever anyone puts a blocker on him.

He wasn't even the best LB on his team this past year. But hey, did you know his dad wrestled in the WWE? You ever hear that story? Because they only mention it 46,731 times every OSU game.

OhioState
03-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Bull mother ******* ****. The only reason he won the Butkus is because everyone loves to shlob his nuts and he won it the year before, somehow beating out Patrick Willis. Still waiting on a reason for that one. He made something like 40 unassisted tackles all year. He never shows up in big games, and is a complete non factor whenever anyone puts a blocker on him.

He wasn't even the best LB on his team this past year. But hey, did you know his dad wrestled in the WWE? You ever hear that story? Because they only mention it 46,731 times every OSU game.

Good thing that Patrick Willis did win the Butkus and James won the Bednarik that year, but good job anyway.

Sniper
03-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Good thing that Patrick Willis did win the Butkus and James won the Bednarik that year, but good job anyway.

Ok, so Willis should have also won the Bednarik. I like how you completely disregarded the rest of the argument. I suppose the truth hurts.

TouchdownUSC
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Call me a homer if you like but I think sanchez or mcknight could get hype. My list in no order is
1. Mcknight
2. Sanchez
3. Chris wells
4. Sam bradford
5. Pat white

I think georgia will lose a game or two which will prevent moreno from getting the buzz. I also predict missouri won't be as good next year hurting chase daniel.

OhioState
03-10-2008, 11:07 AM
the fact that he is a meida darling doesn't make him a bad player, it just means that he is bound to be overrated. He is still a good player who works hard and has continued to get better over his years at OSU

etk
03-10-2008, 11:50 AM

So I should have Darren McFadden going to the Cowboys in my mock drafts because I don't think he's that good? It's called a prediction, and it has no reflection on what I think of a player.

Sniper
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM
So I should have Darren McFadden going to the Cowboys in my mock drafts because I don't think he's that good? It's called a prediction, and it has no reflection on what I think of a player.

No I'm just sick of the hype around this guy. He's not an elite LB. He's good, not elite.

etk
03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
I agree but it doesn't change the fact that he will be looked at as one of the best players in the country, period. Even if Marcus Freeman is better.