PDA

View Full Version : (Insert creative title here) 3 Rounder 3/8

Dam8610
03-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Please leave constructive criticism...no "WE WOULD NEVER DO THAT!" or anything of that nature. If you think I made a bad pick, please tell me why and who you would take (of who's available) instead.

1) Miami Dolphins – DE Chris Long, Virginia
- Bill Parcells will look to install the 3-4 in Miami, and to do so, will take the most versatile player for that system in this draft to build around. Long could feasibly play DE or rushbacker in the 3-4, and brings experience in the system at DE with him.
2) St. Louis Rams – OT Jake Long, Michigan
- The Rams take the heir apparent to Orlando Pace, who has missed the majority of the last 2 seasons with leg injuries.
3) Atlanta Falcons – QB Matt Ryan, Boston College
- Missing out on the player they really wanted, the Falcons take Ryan as their QB of the future.
4) Oakland Raiders – RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
- With the signing of Tommy Kelly to a ridiculously overpriced contract, the Raiders made it fairly clear who they want to draft. Al Davis loves speed, one of the many attributes of which McFadden has plenty. He and Justin Fargas should form a nice duo.
5) Kansas City Chiefs – DT Glenn Dorsey, LSU
- Also looking for and missing out on Jake Long, the Chiefs do the next best thing by adding quite possibly the best 3-tech prospect since Warren Sapp in Glenn Dorsey, who should thrive in their Tampa 2.
6) New York Jets – DE Vernon Gholston, OSU
- With all their recent signings/trades, the Jets have taken care of all their major needs, so they go BPA here in Vernon Gholston, whom they hope will team with Calvin Pace to give them a duo ala Merriman/Phillips in San Diego.
7) New England Patriots – CB Mike Jenkins, USF
- After having the player they really wanted taken right ahead of them, the Patriots settle for trying to find the replacement for Asante Samuel.
8) Baltimore Ravens – CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy
- The Ravens have issues at CB, and without a franchise QB worth selecting at this pick available, they shore up the CB spot with McKelvin.
9) Cincinnati Bengals – DT Sedrick Ellis, USC
- Shocked that he's lasted this long, the Bengals jump on the opportunity to select Ellis, who could play at either DT spot for them. At 6'1" 308, he has the size to play NT in the 4-3, but his ability to penetrate and disrupt could put him at UT often.
10) New Orleans Saints – LB Keith Rivers, USC
- The Saints already added Vilma, but their LB corps still needs some work. Keith Rivers will add some much needed athleticism to the group.
11) Buffalo Bills – WR Limas Sweed, Texas
- The Bills take Sweed, who should be an excellent compliment to Lee Evans.
12) Denver Broncos – FS Kenny Phillips, Miami
- Phillips is a rare athlete who should be able to help improve the Broncos subpar defensive play from last season.
13) Carolina Panthers – OT Ryan Clady, BSU
- The Panthers shore up their OL by taking the young and athletic Clady.
14) Chicago Bears – OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
- The Bears had issues on the OL last year, and look to shore it up with the addition of Williams.
15) Detroit Lions – DE Quentin Groves, Auburn
- The Lions look for an athletic DE that can get after the QB, and Groves fits the bill.
16) Arizona Cardinals – RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
- With Edgerrin James aging, the Cardinals will need a new RB soon, and they benefit from one of the strongest RB classes in recent memory, picking up a potential workhorse at the 16th pick.
17) Minnesota Vikings – DE Derrick Harvey, Florida
- The Vikings look to bolster their pass rush with the athletic Harvey.
18) Houston Texans – RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
- The Texans shore up their running game with the big but speedy Mendenhall.
19) Philadelphia Eagles – WR James Hardy, Indiana
- The Eagles add the playmaker at WR that they seem to have been searching for all offseason in James Hardy.
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
- The Bucs give their QB, whoever he may be, more options at WR.
21) Washington Redskins – DE Calais Campbell, Miami
- Campbell provides depth and versatility for the Redskins. He could be an every down DE, or potentially slide inside in certain situations.
22) Dallas Cowboys – CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State
- The Cowboys grab one of the best CBs in this draft who can also potentially return kicks and punts.
23) Pittsburgh Steelers – OT Sam Baker, USC
- The Steelers bolster their OL and give their franchise QB a blindside protector for years to come.
24) Tennessee Titans - WR Devin Thomas, MSU
- The Titans give Vince Young a big, fast receiver who should, along with Alge Crumpler, help immensely in his development as a QB.
25) Seattle Seahawks – S Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
- The Seahawks bolster their secondary in hopes that it can match the level of play that their front 7 displayed at the end of last season.
26) Jacksonville Jaguars – DE Philip Merling, Clemson
- The Jaguars need more consistency and a better pass rush from their DEs. Merling could provide them both, and is great value at this point.
27) San Diego Chargers – OT Gosder Cherlius, Boston College
- The Chargers shore up their OL long term with the addition of Cherlius, who could project to either OT spot at the next level.
28) Dallas Cowboys – WR DeSean Jackson, Cal
- The Cowboys give Tony Romo another playmaker on offense in Jackson, who will also return kicks and punts.
29) San Francisco 49ers – WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
- The 49ers get a playmaker at WR to compliment Gore and Davis, and give Alex Smith an arsenal of weapons at his disposal.
30) Green Bay Packers – CB Aqib Talib, Kansas
- The Packers have one of the best CB duos in the NFL, but they aren't getting any younger. Talib provides depth and a future starter for them, as well as an explosive kick and punt returner.
31) New England Patriots – Forfeit for Cheating
32) New York Giants – LB Dan Connor, PSU
- Isn’t this a great scenario for the Giants, win the Super Bowl, then get one of the best LBs in the draft at the end of the 1st round to bolster their already potent front 7. Connor has the athleticism to step into one of the OLB spots now, and the intelligence to eventually replace Antonio Pierce at the MLB spot.

33) Miami Dolphins – QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
- The Dolphins get a franchise QB in the 2nd round, and have the faces of their franchise on both offense and defense for the Bill Parcells era.
34) St. Louis Rams – DT Kentwan Balmer, UNC
- After addressing their offensive line with the 2nd pick, the Rams shore up the line on the other side of the ball with Balmer.
35) Oakland Raiders – DE Lawrence Jackson, USC
- The Raiders need defensive line help, and Jackson should develop into a quality starter.
36) Kansas City Chiefs – OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
- The Chiefs luck out after grabbing Dorsey early and get a solid OT that will help to shore up their suddenly weak OL.
37) New York Jets – OG Branden Albert, UVA
- The game is won in the trenches, and the Jets seem to be investing heavily there. They fortify the offensive side yet again with Albert.
38) Atlanta Falcons – DT Trevor Laws, Notre Dame
- After cutting Rod Coleman, the Falcons need a new UT, enter Laws, who also brings versatility and a nonstop motor to the table.
39) Baltimore Ravens – LB Erin Henderson, Maryland
- The Ravens add another young, versatile LB to their already solid front 7.
40) San Francisco 49ers – DT Pat Sims, Auburn
- The 49ers shore up their defensive front by adding Sims, who should be able to slide over to 3-4 DE and be very successful for them.
41) New Orleans Saints – CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
- Everything falls very well for the Saints, and they grab a solid CB early on in round 2.
42) Buffalo Bills – CB Patrick Lee, Auburn
- The Bills pick up a big, physical CB that should fit their scheme very well.
43) Denver Broncos – LB Phillip Wheeler, GT
- The Broncos need a LB, and Wheeler should be a good one, that is if you have any trust in Mike Singletary’s ability to evaluate LB talent.
44) Carolina Panthers – QB Chad Henne, Michigan
- Jake Delhomme isn’t getting any younger, and the 2009 QB crop is terrible. The Panthers take Henne as a developmental project to eventually take over for Delhomme.
45) Chicago Bears – RB Felix Jones, Arkansas
- The Bears draft a runningback to compliment and perhaps potentially replace Cedric Benson.
46) Detroit Lions – CB Charles Godfrey, Iowa
- The Lions address their CB position with a big, physical corner who fits their scheme well.
47) Cincinnati Bengals – DE Jason Jones, Eastern Michigan
- The Bengals pick up Justin Smith’s replacement, who is also a versatile player with experience at UT, and he could slide inside on passing downs if need be.
48) Minnesota Vikings – OT Anthony Collins, Kansas
- Already having the best left side in professional football, the Vikings shore up the right side by adding Collins.
49) Atlanta Falcons – LB Jerod Mayo, UT
- The Falcons add a speedy playmaking LB to their defense.
50) Philadelphia Eagles – CB Tracy Porter, Indiana
- Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown are a solid duo, but they’re getting older. Porter infuses some youth and gives a potential start a year or two down the road.
51) Arizona Cardinals – CB Justin King, PSU
- The Cardinals shore up their secondary by infusing some youth in King.
52) Washington Redskins – OT Carl Hicks, Nebraska
- The Redskins look to shore up their OL with Nicks.
53) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Brandon Flowers, VT
- Tampa Bay gets in on the mini run on corners, taking Flowers, who should fit their system very well.
54) Pittsburgh Steelers – WR Early Doucet, LSU
- The Steelers get a nice receiver and eventual compliment to Santonio Holmes late in round 2 in Doucet.
55) Tennessee Titans – CB Terrell Thomas, USC
- The Titans grab a CB while the good ones are still left, picking up the underrated Thomas.
56) Seattle Seahawks – OG Roy Schuening, Oregon State
- The Seashawks shore up the interior of their OL with one of the best guards in this class.
57) Green Bay Packers – LB Tavares Gooden, Miami
- The Packers put another stud LB alongside Hawk and Barnett.
58) Miami Dolphins – DT Ahtyba Rubin, Iowa State
- Bill Parcells continues to install the 3-4 in Miami, drafting his NT for the system.
59) Jacksonville Jaguars – S DaJuan Morgan, NCSU
- The Jaguars look to shore up their secondary, and give themselves one of the youngest and most talented safety duos in the NFL in the process.
60) Indianapolis Colts – DE Cliff Avril, Purdue
- The Colts look to bolster their pass rush after the debacle that ended their season against the Chargers, and Avril is everything the Colts look for in a DE, perfect fit.
61) Green Bay Packers – TE Dustin Keller, Purdue
- The Packers add the versatile and speedy Keller, who can split wide or line up at TE, to their roster.
62) Dallas Cowboys – RB Chris Johnson, East Carolina
- The Cowboys take a burner to line up at RB to compliment Marion Barber.
63) New England Patriots – LB Shawn Crable, Michigan
- Having missed out on their rushbacker 56 picks ago, the Patriots finally grab one in Crable.
64) New York Giants – S Thomas DeCoud, Cal
- Needing a safety, the Giants draft the versatile DeCoud, who also has experience at corner.

65) Miami Dolphins – OT Heath Benedict, Newberry
66) St. Louis Rams – DE Chris Ellis, VT
67) Kansas City Chiefs – LB Xavier Adibi, VT
68) New York Jets – OT Oniel Cousins, UTEP
69) Atlanta Falcons – OT Tony Hills, Texas
70) New England Patriots - LB Curtis Lofton, Oklahoma
71) San Francisco 49ers – DT Frank Okam, Texas
72) Buffalo Bills – TE Fred Davis, USC
73) Jacksonville Jaguars – DT Dre Moore, Maryland
74) Minnesota Vikings – DT Marcus Harrison, Arkansas
75) Carolina Panthers – WR Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
76) Chicago Bears – QB Joe Flacco, Delaware
77) Detroit Lions – LB Geno Hayes, FSU
78) Cincinnati Bengals – RB Kevin Smith, UCF
79) New Orleans Saints – TE Martellus Bennett Texas A&M
80) Houston Texans – CB Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
81) Philadelphia Eagles – LB/DE Marcus Howard, Georgia
82) Arizona Cardinals – LB Jonathan Goff, Vanderbilt
83) Minnesota Vikings – S Josh Barrett, ASU
84) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DL Kendall Langford, Hampton
85) Washington Redskins – CB Trae Williams, USF
86) Tennessee Titans – OG Chico Rachal, USC
87) Seattle Seahawks – RB Ray Rice, Rutgers
88) Detroit Lions – RB Jamaal Charles, Texas
89) Pittsburgh Steelers – OG Eric Young, UT
90) Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Donnie Avery, Houston
91) Chicago Bears – WR Eddie Royal, VT
92) Green Bay Packers – RB Matt Forte, Tulane
93) Dallas Cowboys – LB Darrell Robertson, GT
94) Indianapolis Colts – DT DeMario Pressley, NCSU
95) New England Patriots – DE Red Bryant, Texas A&M
96) New York Giants – CB Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky

ancoin
03-08-2008, 03:53 AM
I would be pleased if the Vikings got away with those picks! Nicely done!

21ST
03-08-2008, 04:25 AM
If you do it like that give the redskins Sam Baker in the first and Brandon Albert in the 2nd

defensiveback23
03-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Good pick for the Chargers considering that Smith and Phillips are already taken.

Addict
03-08-2008, 05:02 AM
We won't go for groves with Harvey and Mendenhall right there for the taking, Flowers is a better fit for the cover 2 than Godfrey is, besides, with Mayo still there I doubt Godfrey will be the pick.

I think youre pulling the trigger on Gooden a bit quick, he's more of a third rounder, especially with Adibi, Hayes, Lofton and Goff still there.

As for round three, I think I've got too many problems with the first two picks to really make a point about it (domino-effect and all).

Yatta!
03-08-2008, 06:02 AM
This is a perfect Packers mock, on the team boards we have a voting mock going and our first three picks are Talib, Gooden and Kellar. So good job.

Gay Ork Wang
03-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Id say perfect Bears pick

regoob2
03-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Probably the best case scenario for the bears. I would like every one of those picks. A+

BamaFalcon59
03-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Not very good for the Falcons. Matt Ryan is alright. Trevor Laws is a no. Jonathan Babineaux, a second round pick a few years ago, is our under tackle. We just signed Kindal Moorehead to be his backup. We need a nose tackle, not an under tackle.

Matthew Jones
03-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Pretty good Patriots draft!

Redskins4Bowl26
03-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Good first round pick. Don't like the second round pick. Would rather pick a wide reciever. I don't know where people are getting the idea the Redskins need O-Line. Maybe it's Jon Jansen getting older but we have Stephon Heyer who could turn out to be good rather than bad.

T-RICH49
03-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Very Good Chiefs draft

thebow305
03-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I highly doubt we pass on Flacco for Brohm, but other than that, it looks pretty good for the Phins.

BeerBaron
03-08-2008, 09:55 AM
wow, flacco in the 3rd? id take him there.

great bears mock though theres some receivers i prefer to royal. not bad overall

Bills2083
03-08-2008, 09:57 AM
PERFECT first 3 rounds for Buffalo

1.) Limas Sweed
2.) Patrick Lee
3.) Fred Davis

I would be ecstatic if this happened. +rep for you

princefielder28
03-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Solid job with Green Bay

indyfan1985
03-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Give Indy either OG Chilo Rachal or RB Chris Johnson with their 2nd pick. We can always move Brock back to his natural position at DE for more depth there. Like the 3rd rounder though.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Right now Oakland has 5 RBs.Fargas,Rhodes who we had restructure his contract,Jordan, Bush who has alot of potential, and Joe Echemandu.RB just doesnt seem to be a need.
Gholston would be a better pick in the first.

Thunder&Lightning
03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
good chargers pick with both S's gone cherilus is the best option on a need basis.

hugegmenfan
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
not loving this giants draft
1st round i would rather have otah, henderson or cason
decoud is alright 2nd round but with a guy like curtis lofton on the board, i could very well see us taking him

scottyboy
03-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I very much LOVE the Giants 2nd and 3rd round picks, especially Decoud, he's one of my top guys in this draft. haven't read up much on Molden, I'll check him out more.

Again, Connor is a popular pick among mockers(word?), but the Giants fans aren't too sold on him. CB ismore a pressing need, but honestly, i could live with Connor. Not like the Joe Staley rumors last year, if that happened I was gonna shoot myslef...

vidae
03-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Good Chiefs draft!

etk
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Solid Bucs mock. I'm not in the mood for comments but I'll give this one a B.

GB12
03-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Very nice.

DiG
03-08-2008, 01:43 PM
id kick someone in the skins organization in the balls if they took calais over drc at this point. calais combine probably dropped him outof the first with his lack of motivationan work ethic. he came in slow and way overweight.

proshoota25
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
i absolutely LOVE the curtis lofton pick...... and i dont mind the jenkins pick.....

etk
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
id kick someone in the skins organization in the balls if they took calais over drc at this point. calais combine probably dropped him outof the first with his lack of motivationan work ethic. he came in slow and way overweight.

Calais worked very hard to prepare for the combine, but his trainer had him doing all the wrong things. He will have no problem in the NFL where he will be put on the right program.

Dam8610
03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Just figured I'd answer a few of the more negative comments I've gotten.

We won't go for groves with Harvey and Mendenhall right there for the taking, Flowers is a better fit for the cover 2 than Godfrey is, besides, with Mayo still there I doubt Godfrey will be the pick.

I figured I might get some flack for the Groves pick. I picked Groves over Harvey because the Lions are running a Tampa 2, and Groves IMO is the better fit at DE for the scheme. I'm not sure what the organization has said, but it wouldn't shock me at all if that were the pick come draft day. A lot of the picks I made were based on scheme.

I think youre pulling the trigger on Gooden a bit quick, he's more of a third rounder, especially with Adibi, Hayes, Lofton and Goff still there.

You have to consider who the pick is for as well as value. The Packers have their WLB and MLB in Barnett and Hawk, they need a SLB, which basically eliminates all 4 of the players you listed, as they're best suited to either WLB or MLB at the next level. Gooden can play SLB, and the Packers are not a team that's afraid to "reach" to get the guy they want.

As for round three, I think I've got too many problems with the first two picks to really make a point about it (domino-effect and all).

What's wrong with the first two picks? The Dolphins need OL help and the Rams need a DE.

Not very good for the Falcons. Matt Ryan is alright. Trevor Laws is a no. Jonathan Babineaux, a second round pick a few years ago, is our under tackle. We just signed Kindal Moorehead to be his backup. We need a nose tackle, not an under tackle.

Really? I heard from other Falcon fans that UT was a need, but you're right about Babineaux. I'll make a note of it.

Good first round pick. Don't like the second round pick. Would rather pick a wide reciever. I don't know where people are getting the idea the Redskins need O-Line. Maybe it's Jon Jansen getting older but we have Stephon Heyer who could turn out to be good rather than bad.

I've seen a few Redskin fans comment on OL being a need for beyond round 1, but WR would've made my job a little easier.

Give Indy either OG Chilo Rachal or RB Chris Johnson with their 2nd pick. We can always move Brock back to his natural position at DE for more depth there. Like the 3rd rounder though.

I'm a Colts fan, I'd like to think I know the team needs pretty well. OG not only is not a 2nd round need (they have at the very least Gandy who can step into a starting OG spot next season), the Colts never draft it before round 4 (I expect them to draft a OL at some point, but not round 2 or 3). As for Chris Johnson, I don't think the Colts will be looking offense early at all. They've already stated (as if it wasn't obvious from most of the season after Freeney went down) that improving the pass rush is a must, and in a Tampa 2 (especially a vanilla one like Meeks calls) the only way that's going to happen is to improve your pass rushers along the DL. Enter Avril and Pressley, who both can get after the QB.

Right now Oakland has 5 RBs.Fargas,Rhodes who we had restructure his contract,Jordan, Bush who has alot of potential, and Joe Echemandu.RB just doesnt seem to be a need.
Gholston would be a better pick in the first.

Al Davis loves the flashy pick with great workout numbers, and McFadden fits that bill. I can see where Gholston would be a nice pick as well, but I think Al will want to pull the trigger on McFadden. I'm sure you wouldn't mind having a RB tandem of McFadden/Fargas, or maybe McFadden/Bush, to ease the pressure on Russell, would you?

not loving this giants draft
1st round i would rather have otah, henderson or cason
decoud is alright 2nd round but with a guy like curtis lofton on the board, i could very well see us taking him

I very much LOVE the Giants 2nd and 3rd round picks, especially Decoud, he's one of my top guys in this draft. haven't read up much on Molden, I'll check him out more.

Again, Connor is a popular pick among mockers(word?), but the Giants fans aren't too sold on him. CB ismore a pressing need, but honestly, i could live with Connor. Not like the Joe Staley rumors last year, if that happened I was gonna shoot myslef...

Why are Giants fans so down on Connor? Do you think he can't play OLB? I'll give you that his better fit is at MLB, and you have Pierce, but Pierce isn't exactly 25, and as he starts declining, you'll want someone to replace him. Why not get that guy now, and have him play OLB until Pierce is done? He is basically the best value at the time, and obviously the first guy wants a LB, since he advocates Lofton in the 2nd.

Would you prefer Merling? I could easily switch the Redskins and Jaguars picks in the 1st round, and I thought about doing it. Am I wrong in thinking DE is a bigger need for the Redskins than CB?

BiggerFoot
03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
The Saints draft is incredible, I am starting to come around more to drafting Keith Rivers becase he would improve our LB corps even more. Antione Cason might not have the flashy numbers but he is a playmaker and that is what the Saints need with our defensive back group. He could potentially play either safety or corner so versatility makes him even more valuable. Martellus Bennett is the player who I am in love with, he is an absolute monster and would give the Saints a bruiser of a TE. Overall A++ Saints draft

Geo
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Very nice mock, Dam. The title could use some work though. ;)

I do wonder if the Colts would bite on Chris Johnson if he reached their pick. My guess is that they would, because speed enthralls them ... but I don't think Johnson reaches the Colts' pick anyways, so it's speculation for the sake of.

As for drafting a right guard early, I don't see it either. Charlie Johnson can't play tackle, but guard could be a different story imo and that opens up a roster spot for a back-up tackle.

Also, if the Colts draft a right tackle, maybe they waste no time and move Diem to right guard. Either way, it's freaking right guard, the Colts got by with Jake Scott who is servicable at best. Heck, re-sign DeMulling even, he's available.

scottyboy
03-08-2008, 03:46 PM
dam, I believe LB isn't really a big need for us and we should address DB round one. Connor could be a Pierce replacement eventually, but pierce is under 30(28 in believe). i feel connor is too slow to play OLB and doesn't fit spags' system. not really a negative comment, as I LOVED the 2nd and 3rd rounds

roidrunner
03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
this is the best packers mock i have seen in awhile.
+rep

JCutlery
03-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Chris Williams or Ryan Clady over Phillips. I love Kenny, but he is just too big of a reach there.

Wheeler is a GREAT pick.

Cashmoney
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I love Rachal in the third. I think that would be a steal.

nobodyinparticular
03-08-2008, 08:31 PM
"insert creative title here

How about "Best Dam 3 rounder"? (play on words...)

Crazy_Chris
03-09-2008, 05:46 AM
This is one of the best Vikings mocks I have read.

BaLLiN
03-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Dan Connor- hate this pick
Thomas Decoud- alright by me
Antwaun Bolden- Im not so sure he's worth it there, but has potential.

Dam8610
03-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Dan Connor- hate this pick

Who would you have me pick there instead? I've had 3 Giants fans tell me they dislike this pick, with one then advocating a slower, bigger LB with the same type of versatility as Connor. I am curious as to who Giants fans would rather have considering who is already off the board. Connor makes sense as the BPA to me.

Dam8610
03-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Chris Williams or Ryan Clady over Phillips. I love Kenny, but he is just too big of a reach there.

Wheeler is a GREAT pick.

I was looking for a Broncos fan to respond. Just out of curiosity, ignoring value, do you like the fit there? I thought it was a great fit, which is why I made the pick.

YoJoeBucsFan
03-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I don't like wasting 1st round picks on offense for the bumbling offense that Gruden "runs". He shouldn't ever get another 1st day pick for his side of the ball, he is clueless when it comes to drafting offense.