PDA

View Full Version : bbbtalb0 / 2 Rounds

bbbtalb0
03-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Brief explanations.

Round 1

1. Miami Dolphins: Chris Long l DE l Virginia

It looks like its between him, Jake Long, and Matt Ryan here but it's still Chris' spot to lose.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Long l OT l Michigan

Who knows how long Orlando Pace will be playing after a season ending injury. Long and Alex Barron could give the Rams a good young OT tandem.

3. Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan l QB l Boston College

The signing of Michael Turner eliminates Darren McFadden here. Atlanta needs a new face for their franchise and Matt Ryan has the tools to be a franchise QB.

4. Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden l RB l Arkansas

Some people may have a DT here but the fact that they gave Tommy Kelly such a lucrative contract tells me that they really like him. Besides, we all know Al Davis loves the sexy pick.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Glenn Dorsey l DT l LSU

Kansas City's most glaring need is on the OL but Ryan Clady would be a reach here. Dorsey would be a talent they couldn't pass on and would also fill a need.

6. New York (Jets): Vernon Gholston l DE/OLB l Ohio St.

The acquisition of Kris Jenkins may eliminate Sedrick Ellis as a NT but they could still select him as a DE. The Jets could use help at LB even with the signing of Calvin Pace.

7. New England Patriots: Leodis McKelvin l CB l Troy

If Gholston fell to them he'd be the pick. McKelvin will replace Asante Samuel.

8. Baltimore Ravens: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie l CB l Tennessee St.

Baltimore still needs a QB but they isn't one worth taking at this pick. DRC will help Baltimore out in their secondary where Samari Rolle is burnable and Chris McAllister has been injury plagued.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis l DT l USC

Ellis has great value here and the Bengals attempt to aquire Shaun Rodgers shows they need a DT.

10. New Orleans Saints: Keith Rivers l OLB l USC

The trade for Jonathan Vilma doesn't eliminate a LB here. They could still use an upgrade over Scott Fujita and Scott Shanle. CB is probably their biggest need but they always seem to disperse from taking one early.

11. Buffalo Bills: Limas Sweed l WR l Texas

The Bills need a big WR to compliment the speedy Lee Evans. Sweed helped his stock at the combine by running in the high 4.4s.

12. Denver Broncos: Ryan Clady l OT l Boise St.

Clady is a perfect fit for the Zone Blocking System that Denver uses. He'll replace Matt Lepsis at LT.

13. Carolina Panthers: Kentwan Balmer l DT l North Carolina

Balmer will replace Kris Jenkins at DT. The Panthers really need help along the DL so Julius Peppers doesn't disappear again.

14. Chicago Bears: Chris Williams l OT l Vanderbilt

Williams will add some youth to the Bears aging OL.

15. Detroit Lions: Rashard Mendenhall l RB l Illinois

Mendenhall saw his stock rise at the combine and the Lions could use a back to pair with Kevin Jones.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Jenkins l CB l USF

The Cardinals could use a CB since there's rumors Antrell Rolle may move to Safety.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Derrick Harvey l DE l Florida

The signing of Bernard Berrian should eliminate any possibility of a WR here. The Vikings could badly use a DE.

18. Houston Texans: Jonathan Stewart l RB l Oregon

a CB like Talib would also make sense here but Stewart has great value here and fills a need.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Philip Merling l DE l Clemson

We all know the Eagles are well known for taking Lineman in the first round. Merling will replace Jevon Kearse.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DeSean Jackson l WR l California

Once Galloway hangs up the cleats, they'll have nothing to get excited about at WR. Jackson gives them a vertical threat and a great kick returner.

21. Washington Redskins: James Hardy l WR l Indiana

The Redskins could use a big WR to compliment Santana Moss and Antwan Randel El. The 'Skins WRs disappeared this year.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Aqib Talib l CB l Kansas

Jacques Reeves is long gone and a CB is needed.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Albert l OG l Virginia

Albert is a versatile OL that can play Tackle or Guard at the next level. He'll replace Alan Faneca.

24. Tennessee Titans: Devin Thomas l WR l Michigan St.

Thomas may have bumped his stock up into the first round with a good combine. He's one of my favorite WRs in this class and fills a huge need.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Malcolm Kelly l WR l Oklahoma

Seattle has some depth at WR with Branch, Burleson, and Engram, but they don't have that #1 receiver they need to rely on. The signing of Julius Jones eliminates a RB.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Kenny Philips l S l Miami

Philips had a bad junoir year but should still go around the end of the first. The Jags don't have many needs so Philips could compete with Gerald Sensabaugh at SS. Philips and Nelson would make a great young safety tandem.

27. San Diego Chargers: Gosder Cherilus l RT l Boston College

He'll replace Shane Olivea at RT to maintain a great OL.

28. Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones l RB l Arkansas

Jones will complement Marion Barber and provide kick return ability.

29. San Francisco: Jeff Otah l OT l Pittsurgh

The 9ers could use some help in the trenches and Otah would form a good young OT tandem with last years first round pick, Joe Staley.

30. Green Bay Packers: Reggie Smith l DB l Oklahoma

Smith is a versitale DB that could help the Pack at S and CB. Woodson and Harris are aging.

31. New York (Giants): Dan Connor l OLB l Penn St.

Kawika Mitchell left through free agency so they'll need to replace him. I see Connor going around the same time Paul Pozluzsny went last year.

Round 2

32. Miami Dolphins: Sam Baker l OT l USC
33. St. Louis Rams: Lawrence Jackson l DE l USC
34. Oakland Raiders: Pat Sims l DT l Auburn
35. Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Flowers l CB l Virginia Tech
36. New York (Jets): Patrick Lee l CB l Auburn
37. Atlanta Falcons: Carl Nicks l OT l Nebraska
38. Baltimore Ravens: Brian Brohm l QB l Louisville
39. San Francisco 49ers: Early Doucet l WR l LSU
40. New Orleans Saints: Fred Davis l TE l USC
41. Buffalo Bills: Antoine Cason l CB l Arizona
42. Denver Broncos: Mario Manningham l WR l Michigan
43. Carolina Panthers: Calais Campbell l DE l Miami
44. Chicago Bears: Joe Flacco l QB l Delaware
45. Detroit Lions: Erin Henderson l LB l Maryland
46. Cincinnati Bengals: Jerod Mayo l LB l Tennessee
47. Minnesota Vikings: Tyvon Branch l CB l Connecticut
48. Atlanta Falcons: Trevor Laws l DT l Notre Dame
49. Philadelphia Eagles: Curtis Lofton l LB l Oklahoma
50. Arizona Cardinals: Chris Johnson l RB l East Carolina
51. Washington Redskins: Cliff Avril l OLB l Purdue
52. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Quentin Groves l DE l Auburn
53. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tracy Porter l CB l Indiana
54. Tennessee Titans: Chilo Rachal l OG l USC
55. Seattle Seahawks: Dustin Keller l TE l Purdue
56. Green Bay Packers: Roy Schuening l OG l Oregon St.
57. Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne l QB l Michigan
58. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jason Jones l DE l Eastern Michigan
59. Indianapolis Colts: Tavares Gooden l OLB l Miami
60. Green Bay Packers: Jamaal Charles l RB l Texas
61. Dallas Cowboys: Andre Caldwell l WR l Florida
62. New England Patriots: Jonathan Goff l ILB l Vanderbilt
63. New York (Giants): DeJuan Morgan l S l NC St.

Thunder&Lightning
03-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I like the pick only if reggie smith and kenny phillips are off the board. Smith should be the pick here.

proshoota25
03-08-2008, 04:38 PM
love the second round pick for the patriots, mckelvin will not go the pats, hes a man cover corner, not a scheme capable corner that the patriots play

bbbtalb0
03-08-2008, 04:42 PM
love the second round pick for the patriots, mckelvin will not go the pats, hes a man cover corner, not a scheme capable corner that the patriots play

That was a tough pick for me to make. I didn't want to give them a CB but no other pick would really make sense. Who do you think would be the pick there?

proshoota25
03-08-2008, 04:47 PM
at the 7 spot, if vernon Gholston is there at that pick, hes the obvious choice. if they are looking at CB, Jenkins is the only viable schematic corner worthy of a choice in that area. I think they will end up going either ILB or DE/OLB. I say they may take Keith Rivers and my darkhorse is Derrick Harvey, BB loves the Urban Meyer and the Gator programs and they have ties with one another. at the end of the day though, i really believe this pick will be traded for someone who is falling, such as a mcfadden, ellis, or one of the corners.

princefielder28
03-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Not a big fan of Regie Smith heading to Green Bay because he doesn't have that definite one position....then schuenning is awful value in round 2 and reminder that the Packers have the browns 2nd rounder

fenikz
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Great Cardinals Draft

vidae
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't love the Chiefs draft. While both Dorsey and Flowers would be excellent additions, not drafting an offensive lineman with the first two picks would be bad.

Good job overall on the mock though!

PalmerToCJ
03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Diggin' the Bengals mock. Takes care of our two biggest needs.

T-RICH49
03-08-2008, 05:24 PM
give KC Carl Nicks in RD 2 and I will be happier

thebow305
03-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I would rather have Nicks than Baker, but other than that, it's a pretty solid phins draft.

Bills2083
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
PERFECT day 1 for Buffalo.
+rep for you.

Yung Flippa
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Good Baltimore & Houston picks in the first, I'd rather have Calais Campbell or Erin Henderson in Round 2.

falconsrule
03-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Solid Falcons draft.

49ers169
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Don't like the second 49ers pick. Receiver is a need but with Groves there, we couldn't pass on him.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Great First rounder for baltimore and I don't really like Brohm but I guess its a value pick if hes at our 2nd rounder, I wouldnt mind Campbell in the 2nd either.

PackerLegend
03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Not a big fan of Regie Smith heading to Green Bay because he doesn't have that definite one position....then schuenning is awful value in round 2 and reminder that the Packers have the browns 2nd rounder

Agreed

Pick 56 is the Packers not the Browns, I have also seen people haven the Packers pick 57 but it doesnt really matter just give the Packers the Browns pick.

msealy2
03-08-2008, 09:20 PM
The Vikings first round pick is perfect. However, the second round pick is not. The Vikings don't need a corner, the only thing we really need in the secondary is a young safety to play under Sharper until he leaves/retire. Even though we already got Harvey in this draft, I would like to see Groves taken there, because that is how scarey bad our DE situation is right now. JMO

bruschis4all
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
That was a tough pick for me to make. I didn't want to give them a CB but no other pick would really make sense. Who do you think would be the pick there?

I think they would take R.Clady if the draft goes according to your top 6. However, I think a team will trade up for S.Ellis if he is on the board at 7. I hate to do mocks with trades. But, I think that's the way it will play out. CB isn't out of the question. But, when you give em the old eyeball test. Stand one guy next to the other. Pretty sure they would take Clady. This seems to be a pretty good draft for cb's. And, I think they can get a couple of decent ones in 2nd and 3rd round.

ancoin
03-09-2008, 04:32 AM
The Vikings first round pick is perfect. However, the second round pick is not. The Vikings don't need a corner, the only thing we really need in the secondary is a young safety to play under Sharper until he leaves/retire. Even though we already got Harvey in this draft, I would like to see Groves taken there, because that is how scarey bad our DE situation is right now. JMO

100 % agree! I would nomatter whom we took in the first if Groves are there in the second take him!

BaLLiN
03-09-2008, 08:23 AM
The giants should take Brandon Flowers over Dan Connor, that would be a sick mock with Morgan and Flowers.

21ST
03-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Give the redskins Groves in the 2nd and its money.

bbbtalb0
03-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Pick 56 is the Packers not the Browns, I have also seen people haven the Packers pick 57 but it doesnt really matter just give the Packers the Browns pick.

I made a minor change to the draft.

Addict
03-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Mendenhall and Henderson... I would cry enormous tears of joy if that happened.

Since MLB is a bigger need than OLB, maybe Mayo instead of Henderson, but I'd be real happy if it happened like this.

eaglesalltheway
03-10-2008, 07:59 AM
I would change the Eagle first round pick to either Kenny Phillips or Malcolm Kelly, as DE is not a need at all for the Eagles. If as you say the lines are a need for the Eagles, which they are, It would be more likely for an OT to be the first pick. As for the second round, I would suggest Tracy Porter maybe, or an OT.

DiG
03-10-2008, 09:14 AM
i dont like the skins draft. hardy seems like a reach. most of the guys i want are off the board but in that situation id rather get a legit prospect like Albert. It doesn't look like the skins want to take a chance on a wr in rd 1. if they dont get one in fa or in a trade then i look for a wr in rd 3 probably. the only one i can see in rd 1 at this point is maybe sweed. in rd 2 OLB isnt an awful pick but id rather have a more versatile guy like phillip wheeler than someone like avril thats pretty much stuck as only a strong side player.

TimD
03-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Not a fan of the 2nd pick. I didn't think he's early 2nd round talent. I'd rather take Cason CB or Laws DL