PDA

View Full Version : DE in First two Rounds?

tfry
03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
I could honestly see the Rams drafting a DE in the first two rounds. I was looking at the depth chart and we are in serious trouble at the end position. Anyone else agree with me? With Little's injury history, we really need to add some depth at that position and since we dropped Hall and added nothing in FA, I'm starting to get a bit worried. What do you think?

nfrillman
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I would say it's very unlikely that the Rams draft two DE's in the first two rounds. The only way I even see that as a possibility is if something crazy happens like drafting Long and Gholston falling out of the first, but that isn't happening. I think its basically a guarantee that they are taking 1 DE in the first two rounds. A DE core of Little, Long/Gholston/2nd rounder, Adeyanju, Moore, and probably a decent veteran depth guy is most likely, and would probably suffice. Right now the Rams have too many holes to draft the same position in the first two rounds. In addition to the DE position the Rams have moderate to glaring needs at WR, OL, LB, and SS.

I have two versions of the positions the Rams will draft:
1. Chris Long
2. best offensive lineman available
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

or

1. Jake Long (basically if Dolphins take Chris)
2. de
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

freebirdsrams02
03-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I would say it's very unlikely that the Rams draft two DE's in the first two rounds. The only way I even see that as a possibility is if something crazy happens like drafting Long and Gholston falling out of the first, but that isn't happening. I think its basically a guarantee that they are taking 1 DE in the first two rounds. A DE core of Little, Long/Gholston/2nd rounder, Adeyanju, Moore, and probably a decent veteran depth guy is most likely, and would probably suffice. Right now the Rams have too many holes to draft the same position in the first two rounds. In addition to the DE position the Rams have moderate to glaring needs at WR, OL, LB, and SS.

I have two versions of the positions the Rams will draft:
1. Chris Long
2. best offensive lineman available
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

or

1. Jake Long (basically if Dolphins take Chris)
2. de
3. wr
4. ss/lb
5. bpa
6. bpa
7. bpa

Why not Golston with the #1 pick. I would take him before Jake Long. I also saw that the Panthers are shopping Julius Peppers. Would he be worth going after or would he cost way to much to even consider.

KCJ58
03-11-2008, 01:13 AM
If Miami drafts Chris Long why not draft Gholston?

nfrillman
03-11-2008, 02:46 AM
They definitely could draft Gholston at number, I am just saying that it would take something unbelievably crazy for the Rams to draft two DE's in the first two rounds.

tfry
03-11-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm all for Golston if we can't get Chris Long. This draft is very deep at oline and I think we can get some more depth in round 2. Another option I've been kicking around trading away our #2 overall to the Eagles for Sheppard, their #1, and a day 2 pick.

Regardless, we really need to get 2 DEs in this draft.