View Full Version : Warrick Dunn & Antonio Bryant

etk
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
WOOHOO! We just signed both of them.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/03/bucs-sign-wr-an.html
Bryant link

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/10/warrick-dunn-signs-with-buccaneers/
Warrick Dunn....2 years $6 mill

This is just wonderful news. We get exactly the shrimpy back that struggles to run inside that we needed.....and we get a headcase scrub of a receiver that struggled to make a roster in 07. Wonderful job Chucky & Bruce....way to get desperate and bring in the 2 guys no one else wants when we have the cap room everyone desires. It's hard to believe with all that cap room and decent players available we've managed to become a worse team over free agency. Still no decent defensive signings either....this organization is becoming a joke.

neko4
03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
well dunn is a nice leader by example type of guy, but 3mil is an awful lot
Bryant...ehh?

etk
03-10-2008, 06:23 PM
With Dunn, Bennett & Darby.....we're pretty much ****** if Graham gets hurt....I don't care how nice Dunn is and how good of a leader he is.

neko4
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
what happen to caddy, still hurt?

etk
03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
what happen to caddy, still hurt?

I don't think he will be back in full form until 09. You don't rush a back after a torn patellar tendon.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
WOOHOO! We just signed both of them.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2008/03/bucs-sign-wr-an.html
Bryant link

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/10/warrick-dunn-signs-with-buccaneers/
Warrick Dunn....2 years $6 mill

This is just wonderful news. We get exactly the shrimpy back that struggles to run inside that we needed.....and we get a headcase scrub of a receiver that struggled to make a roster in 07. Wonderful job Chucky & Bruce....way to get desperate and bring in the 2 guys no one else wants when we have the cap room everyone desires. It's hard to believe with all that cap room and decent players available we've managed to become a worse team over free agency. Still no decent defensive signings either....this organization is becoming a joke.

Dunn = Good

Bryant = Meshawn 2: Electric Boogaloo

Pacific
03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
He's not much for character, but I actually like the Bryant signing for them football-wise.

etk
03-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Dunn = Good

Bryant = Meshawn 2: Electric Boogaloo

Dunn is a decent back, but where does he fit in our offense?

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Dunn is a decent back, but where does he fit in our offense?

Pittman without the blocking. He's decently shifty inside the tackles so I don't hate it too much. And if you think Antonio Bryant is Grallen's idea of a solution at WR, see David Boston.

etk
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Dunn=5'9 180
Pittman=6' 228

Not even close.

You might be right about Bryant's impact, but at least Boston had serious talent at one point. Bryant isn't even good enough to make up for his attitude.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Dunn=5'9 180
Pittman=6' 228

Not even close.

You might be right about Bryant's impact, but at least Boston had serious talent at one point. Bryant isn't even good enough to make up for his attitude.

I meant as a third down back who could catch passes out of the backfield. :P

etk
03-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I meant as a third down back who could catch passes out of the backfield. :P

That's what I'd like to see Bennett do. Do we really need 2 Bennetts?

We needed a bigger back that can run inside to spell Graham. Now our backfield got punier.

Caddy
03-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Championship?

Chucky
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Now if only we could get back Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice, it would be like the glory days, We already have our replacement for Meshawn

BamaFalcon59
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Pittman without the blocking. He's decently shifty inside the tackles so I don't hate it too much. And if you think Antonio Bryant is Grallen's idea of a solution at WR, see David Boston.

Warrick Dunn is a very good blocker. And he might not be too great of a runner anymore, but he is not bad and is a better inside runner than outside runner.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Championship?

Jay Gruden = AFL Coach of the Year

Captain Fear
03-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Now if only we could get back Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice, it would be like the glory days, We already have our replacement for Meshawn

Don't forget John Lynch, maybe trade Sabby for him. Hopefully these moves would lure Alstott back out of retirement.

etk
03-10-2008, 10:43 PM
No we could just draft Owen Schmitt to bring back Buc Ball!!

I think I'm gonna go puke now after this thread...

Captain Fear
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
FA this season has pretty much shown us two things:

1. Right now Tampa Bay is an undesirable location for big name FA's - Seriously, what WR would want to come here? they'll have Garcia lobbing 20 yard ducks for a limited time, then what? Our 3rd string TE's get more touches then our 2nd reciever. Our boring offense, with instability at QB, makes it difficult to land high profile offensive players.

2. The Bucs are unwilling to overpay for FA's (unless your name is Warrick Dunn) - Since we pretty much go straight to the bargin bin every year this point is hardly a revelation. Personally i dont have a problem with not overspending since I don't think we are close enough to having a superbowl team just yet. But unused cap space is one of the seven deadly sins.

The combination of these two points has resulted in what we have seen so far.

Chucky
03-10-2008, 11:07 PM
FA this season has pretty much shown us two things:

1. Right now Tampa Bay is an undesirable location for big name FA's - Seriously, what WR would want to come here? they'll have Garcia lobbing 20 yard ducks for a limited time, then what? Our 3rd string TE's get more touches then our 2nd reciever. Our boring offense, with instability at QB, makes it difficult to land high profile offensive players.

2. The Bucs are unwilling to overpay for FA's (unless your name is Warrick Dunn) - Since we pretty much go straight to the bargin bin every year this point is hardly a revelation. Personally i dont have a problem with not overspending since I don't think we are close enough to having a superbowl team just yet. But unused cap space is one of the seven deadly sins.

The combination of these two points has resulted in what we have seen so far.

Jeff Faine? Not saying it was a bad signing but we definately overpaid.

Caddy
03-11-2008, 01:26 AM
I have no idea how two minor signings could instigate such an interesting thread. It is mind boggling.