PDA

View Full Version : BBC's MOCKSTERPIECE

BigBlueCrew56
03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
1. Miami Dolphins- OT Jake Long Michigan

Coin flip it between Chris or Jake. I would be happy with either but what the team is really lacking and hasnt been solidified thru free agency is the offensive line. I am projecting Flacco for them in the 2nd so that leaves me to think they have to go offensive line early because he is going to have to start day one. Long is the most game ready of all the offensive lineman on the board and wont need much grooming like a late second round pick would. Chris Long would be a great pick but with Moses,Torbor,Taylor,Porter, and Abraham on the roster it seems to me that getting a 3-4 OLB could wait aleast another year. On the other hand the offensive line protecting a young QB cant.

2. St. Louis Rams- DE Chris Long Virginia

Rams jump on Chris here and he will be a very versatile player in there hybrid defense. Gholston is also a real possibility here.

3. Atlanta Falcons- QB Matt Ryan Boston College

The GM and Coach arent really going to be advocating the pick because they would prefer to get a QB later but Owner Arthur Blank will mandate the pick be Ryan because it's time to put a new face to the franchise and turn the page on Mike Vick.

4. Oakland Raiders- DT Sedrick Ellis USC

McFadden will be very tempting but they just signed Fargas long term and have reworked Dominic Rhodes deal with Michael Bush ready to play this year they need to have someone play alongside Kelly.

5. New Orleans Saints(trade with Cheifs)- DT Glenn Dorsey LSU

Saints take no chances and trade there 2nd round pick and other considerations in order to secure the hometown college icon.

6. New York Jets- RB Darren McFadden Arkansas

With all of there offseason signings they are in a very good spot to go for the BPA luxary pick and that would be McFadden.

7. New England Patriots- DE/OLB Vernon Gholston Ohio State

Gholston will be an excellent fit in there defense as a 3-4 rushing end. Will provide much needed youth.

8. Baltimore Ravens- CB Leodis McKlevin Troy

Will finally add some much needed youth to there secondary. Leodis also doubles as a very good return man.

9. Cincinatti Bengals- DE Derrick Harvey Florida

I know they just signed Odom but they may be looking for a 3-4 OLB since there new D coordinator might be looking to bring more hybrid looks.

10. Kansas City Cheifs(trade with Saints)- OT Ryan Clady Boise State

Cheifs add extra pics and solidify there LT spot with Clady.

11. Buffalo Bills- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma

Bills need a big playmaking wideout for Edwards. Was thinking Rivers here but with the recent signing of Mitchell and the return of Puz well that pretty much makes me feel comfortable with there linebacking core.

12. Denver Broncos- MLB Keith Rivers USC

Broncos grab Rivers in this spot to man the middle between Bailey and Williams giving them a very solid linebacking core.

13. Carolina Panthers- OT Chris Williams Vanderbilt

Very versatile offensive lineman who is ready to come in and start for the Panthers on the right or left side.

14. Chicago Bears- OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College

They spent a ton of time scouting Boston College this year so I am going out on a limb and saying that if Williams if off the board that they jump on Cherilus.

15. Detroit Lions- RB Rashard Mendenhall Illinois

Lions get there homerun hitting running with speed and power to really open things up for there great WR duo.

16. Arizona Cardinals- CB Mike Jenkins South Florida

They have a hole at corner with Rolle moving to FS so Jenkins will have ever shot to earn a starting spot.

17. Minnesota Vikings- DE Philip Merling Clemson

Vikes have a real need for an end and Merling is a great fit.

18. Houston Texans- CB Aquib Talib Kansas

Texans have a very pressing need at corner so grabbing Talib here would be wise.

19. Philadelphia Eagles-WR DeSean Jackson Cal

Will play the slot for them and add a very dangerous much needed return man.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs- DT Kentwan Balmer North Carolina

Bucs really need to look at defensive tackle with only Haye as a quality option.

21. Washington Redskins- WR Limas Sweed Texas

Big physical wideout to put along side the tiny tots they currently have.

22. Dallas Cowboys- CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Tennessee State

Jerry Jones takes a gamble on the small school prospect.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers- RB James Stewart Oregan

I think the Steelers will go BPA in this spot. He is big and bruising and will be a nice complement to Willie Parker or if Parker cant come back from injury.

24. Tennessee Titans- DE Lawrence Jackson USC

Titans need to start rebuilding that defensive line after taking some massive hits.

25. Seattle Seahawks- OLB Dan Connor Penn State

It seems they have most of there holes filled but they do need to add some depth at linebacker.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Calais Campbell UM

Campbell will help fill the loss of McCrary.

27. San Diego Chargers- FS Kenny Phillips UM

Will come in and help fill the void that is left my the loss of MCcree.

28. Dallas Cowboys- RB Felix Jones Arkansas

Jerry Jones gets his Arkansas running back. Just not McFadden.

29. San Francisco 49ers- OT Jeff Otah Pittsburgh

Big massive offensive lineman whom they can stick on the right side and move Staley over to the left.

30. Green Bay Packers- CB Tracy Porter Indiana

Will slide into there nickel corner role and eventually be groomed to replace one of the vets.

31. Pats Forfeit

32. New York Giants- FS Reggie Smith Oklahoma

Giants need secondary help in the worst way.

2nd round

33. Miami Dolphins- QB Joe Flacco Deleware State

The regime drafts there QB in the second round.

34. St. Louis Rams- WR Devin Thomas Michigan State

Rams need another wideout to replace the loss of Bruce.

35. Oakland Raiders- OT Sam Baker USC

Kiffin going with the players he knows best.

36. Kansas City Cheifs- CB Brandon Flowers Virginia Tech

They need some instant CB help with the loss of Law.

37. New York Jets- DE/OLB Quentin Groves Auburn

Definite great pick for the Jets as Groves will be a nice change of Pace and eventual replacement for Thomas.

38. Atlanta Falcons- OT Carl Nicks Nebraska

Big physical tackle who is a lock to start at RT for them.

39. Baltimore Ravens- QB Brian Brohm Louisville

Ravens jump on there QB to compete with Boller and McNair.

40. San Francisco 49ers- OG Branden Alberts Virginia

49ers solidify there line with there 1st two picks.

41. Kansas City Cheifs(trade with Saints)- WR Early Doucett LSU

They will team him up with college team mate in Bowe.

42. Buffalo Bills- TE Dustin Keller Purdue

Fast playmaking TE.

43. Denver Broncos- FS DaJuan Morgan NC State

Will be developed behind Lynch

44. Carolina Panthers- RB Chris Johnson East Carolina

With compete with DeAngelo for the top spot.

45. Chicago Bears- QB Chad Henne Michigan

Tested cold weather QB will beat out Grossman.

46. Detroit Lions- OT Anthony Collins Kansas

Fill the the void they have at RT.

47. Cincinnatti Bengals- TE Fred Davis USC

It's about time they go for a solid TE.

48. Minnesota Vikings- DT Trevor Laws Notre Dame

Vikings go for some depth on there defensive line.

49. Atlanta Falcons- DT Pats Sims Auburn

50. Philadelphina Eagles- OLB Erin Henderson Maryland

They need some depth with the loss of Spikes.

51. Arizona Cardinals- RB Kevin Smith UCF

52. Washington Redskins- DE Jason Jones Eastern Michigan

53. Tampa Bay Bucs- WR Andre Caldwell Florida

54. Pittsburgh Steelers- WR James Hardy Indiana

55. Tennesse Titans- OG Chilo Rachal USC

56. Seattle Seahawks- TE Martellus Bennett Texas AM

57. Green Bay Packers- OT Oniel Cousins Texas El Paso

58. Miami Dolphins- DE/OLB Cliff Avril Purdue

59. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Earl Bennett Vanderbilt

60. Indianapolis Colts- OLB Jerod Mayo Tennessee

61. Green Bay Packers- OLB Tavares Gooden UM

62. New England Patriots- CB Antoine Cason Arizona

63. New York Giants- OLB Phillip Wheeler Georgia Tech

3rd round

64. Miami Dolphins- CB Justin King Penn State

gsorace
03-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Really don't see the Jets passing on Gholston.

skinzzfan25
03-10-2008, 09:50 PM
No way we would pass on DRC round one.

The Jones pick is alright, even though I'd like to take Hardy there if we didn't go Sweed rd1.

proshoota25
03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
nice pats pick

gdamac
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Give the Raiders Gholston or Clady.

Paul
03-10-2008, 10:16 PM
If I see another Mock that says "Jerry gets his ARK RB" or "Jerry grabs the razorback RB he wanted" , I might have to punt a small infant. People severely overestimate the JJ and Arkansas connection, I mean I can't even name a razorback player we have drafted the past few years. Plus the fact I do not believe Felix Jones is that great player, much less a player worth a 1st round pick. I have and will continue to hate that pick.

defensiveback23
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Cannot complain about the Chargers' pick.

vidae
03-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Would not be upset if the Chiefs draft played out like that at all.

Nice job.

etk
03-10-2008, 10:56 PM

The Jones pick is alright, even though I'd like to take Hardy there if we didn't go Sweed rd1.

How do you know that? Are you inside their war room?

bored of education
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
i like kcs draft sir!

Oaktown1981
03-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Two good Raiders picks.

Yung Flippa
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Good Baltimore & Houston picks. Give Baltimore Erin Henderson in Round 2.

SaintsFanForLife
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
I dont think the Saints will make a move up....I would not mind the pick I just dont see it going down.

thebow305
03-10-2008, 11:44 PM

Don't worry, DRC won't be there anyway...

It's an ok Miami draft, but I'm pretty confident Chris will be the pick now, not Jake, I know you love him, but you gotta let it go.

thebow305
03-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Give us King Dunlap or Barry Richardson in rounds 3 or 4 and we will be set at OT. They are monsters and will be better LT's than Jake anyway IMO. Think what you want, but we will see.

russie
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
decent vikes draft, not too keen on merling, but i do like laws

skinzzfan25
03-11-2008, 05:24 AM
How do you know that? Are you inside their war room?

Nope, but I think even an idiot could figure out he's a top flight corner back.

Plus, Darrell Green has a good relationship with his father and has trained with Dominique over the summer. I'm sure Vinny took this into question.

eaglesalltheway
03-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Though the Eagles do need a WR and a ruturn man, we WILL NOT draft Desean Jackson. We need a big, physical WR who can contribut in the red zone. We already have a receiver similar to Jackson in Kevin Curtis, and odn't need another #3 receiver. That is all Jackson could possibly be, a #3 option, and we already have plenty of #3 WRs. Limas Sweed would be a better WR option, but the best option of all would be Kenny Phillips. For this instance we will say Phillips in the first round. As for the second round choice, it goes back to WR, and James Hardy would be perfect for the Eagles in this situation. I doubt he lasts this long, but in your situation he goes at the end, so if Hardy would be left when their second round pick is available, he would be their pick. It was a nice mock otherwise. :)

Thunder&Lightning
03-11-2008, 06:44 AM
amazing chargers pick.

BigBlueCrew56
03-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Though the Eagles do need a WR and a ruturn man, we WILL NOT draft Desean Jackson. We need a big, physical WR who can contribut in the red zone. We already have a receiver similar to Jackson in Kevin Curtis, and odn't need another #3 receiver. That is all Jackson could possibly be, a #3 option, and we already have plenty of #3 WRs. Limas Sweed would be a better WR option, but the best option of all would be Kenny Phillips. For this instance we will say Phillips in the first round. As for the second round choice, it goes back to WR, and James Hardy would be perfect for the Eagles in this situation. I doubt he lasts this long, but in your situation he goes at the end, so if Hardy would be left when their second round pick is available, he would be their pick. It was a nice mock otherwise. :)

I was so close to putting Sweed there but the return thing was a big thing for me since I dont think you guys could go one more year with Reno Mahe.

T-RICH49
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice trade and picks for KC

hugegmenfan
03-11-2008, 08:52 AM
good giants draft

BigBlueCrew56
03-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Nice trade and picks for KC

I am really feeling that trade especially with all the offseason moves the Saints have done. All that is really left is for them to secure a big tackle. If Long is off the board and Ellis goes to the Raiders. I can certainly see the Saints giving up some pics in order to secure Dorsey before the Bengals do. It would be a win win for both clubs.

T-RICH49
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
yeah only thing I'd say is we'd probably take ALbert with our 1st 2nd rounder.The CB class is deepenough I think we can snag a quality one in RD 3

Bearsfan123
03-11-2008, 10:03 AM
as a bears fan i dont hate the pick but i hate the spot. Gosder's stock is not that high right now, so why not have the Bears trade down like the Chiefs do? If ya did then Id say it was a great move. Right now its just a reach

Quagmire
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Blue,
I like the way it turned out, though I happen to think taking the D player (Long or Gholston) is the right move at #1. Again, we disagree that Flacco will be there in round 2. But, unlike some others have commented, there is no way Barry Richardson should be in the same sentence as Jake Long. So, if it ended up being Jake at #1, I would be not be quite as upset as some other Miami fans on the BB's. Just think the D-player is the way to go....

BigBlueCrew56
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Blue,
I like the way it turned out, though I happen to think taking the D player (Long or Gholston) is the right move at #1. Again, we disagree that Flacco will be there in round 2. But, unlike some others have commented, there is no way Barry Richardson should be in the same sentence as Jake Long. So, if it ended up being Jake at #1, I would be not be quite as upset as some other Miami fans on the BB's. Just think the D-player is the way to go....

I understand Quag in regards to taking Long. I keep on doing these mocks and trying to make sense of it all you know. I wouldnt disagree with Chris Long being the pick but they are so many mocks that have Chris Long going #1 that maybe if we got a different peak at the other scenario that life wouldnt be so bad.

BigBlueCrew56
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Looking at the back end of the 2nd round you can see that the once deep offensive line draft is now close to reaching for project players like a Barry Richardson. Looking at the state of our offensive line depth chart as it stands today....How can we go into this draft thinking we can pick up a lineman in the 3rd or 4th and expect them to start right away???? Barry Richardson and the rest of the bottom offensive lineman need atleast a couple of years of grooming behind a veteran. The top 5 offensive lineman on the other hand can go in and start right away. This is why we will see lineman coming off the board nice and early. I guess what we are dealing with is draft logistics.

ancoin
03-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Good vikings draft! D-line for the win :D