PDA

View Full Version : Panthers Jarrett gets DWI

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www6.comcast.net/sports/articles/nfl/2008/03/11/Panthers-Jarrett.DWI/

Its a shame. Another USC player wasting their talent.

TimD
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
How many games did he play in this year?

03-11-2008, 02:21 PM
How many games did he play in this year?

Only played in 7 games.

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Apparently had a grand total of 6 cathes for 73 yards. 0 TD's.

d34ng3l021
03-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Whats the difference between DWI and DUI?

LonghornsLegend
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
He's finished as an nfl player, I dont normally like to say that about guys early on but he will never become a solid starter, he couldnt even crack the panthers starting wr rotation and its not like he had alot of competition.

TimD
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
He's finished as an nfl player, I dont normally like to say that about guys early on but he will never become a solid starter, he couldnt even crack the panthers starting wr rotation and its not like he had alot of competition.

he needs a change of scenery and a coach who is on his ass

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM

For some states theres no difference, but in other states a DWI is given when the BAC is over the .08 limit, while DUI is given to people under .08

terribletowel39
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
DWI = driving while intoxicated; DUI = driving under the influence. or atleast thats how i know it. i'm not sure but i believe DWI is worse than DUI.

Gay Ork Wang
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Apparently had a grand total of 6 cathes for 73 yards. 0 TD's.
Dont forget, he had 3 Tackles afaik

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Dont forget, he had 3 Tackles afaik

uhhh, what?

03-11-2008, 02:34 PM
He's 21 years old way too early to give up on the guy. A lot of football ahead of him and many teams out there who I'm sure would be willing to give him a shot if it doesn't work out with the Panthers.

Vikes99ej
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I'm really glad now we took Sidney Rice over him.

badgerbacker
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
It's definitely way to early to give up on someone. Yes, anytime someone is is charged with something like this it is a huge indiscretion on his part, but it is just that; an indiscretion. Hopefully he can learn from it to turn his work ethic around to go along with hopefully never making this mistake again.

Thunder&Lightning
03-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Hes only 21 still has a lot of maturing ahead of him. He just needs to get on a team with a stiffer coach.

Addict
03-11-2008, 04:07 PM
It's definitely way to early to give up on someone. Yes, anytime someone is is charged with something like this it is a huge indiscretion on his part, but it is just that; an indiscretion. Hopefully he can learn from it to turn his work ethic around to go along with hopefully never making this mistake again.

I don't think drinking and driving is just an indiscretion... it's very very dangerous

Hawk
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
For some states theres no difference, but in other states a DWI is given when the BAC is over the .08 limit, while DUI is given to people under .08

DWI = driving while intoxicated; DUI = driving under the influence. or atleast thats how i know it. i'm not sure but i believe DWI is worse than DUI.

They are the same, just different terms.

Neither is worse than the other

Gay Ork Wang
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM
uhhh, what?
ST Tackles

afaik = as far as i know

umphrey
03-11-2008, 04:54 PM
So a lot of you seem to think he's a busted pick...is it laziness? Too slow? College skills didn't translate?

BlindSite
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I'm really glad now we took Sidney Rice over him.

I wanted Rice more than Jarrett but the guy's only 21 its probably an honest mistake, Hurney's giving him a starting role this year. I don't expect huge things but somewhere in the 400 yards category with moose and taylor that's all he'll need to be considered a success.

Fox doesn't like using rookie's too much anyway.

LonghornsLegend
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
I wanted Rice more than Jarrett but the guy's only 21 its probably an honest mistake, Hurney's giving him a starting role this year. I don't expect huge things but somewhere in the 400 yards category with moose and taylor that's all he'll need to be considered a success.

Fox doesn't like using rookie's too much anyway.

I wouldnt call 400 yards a success, I wouldnt even really judge him off his yardage because he never has and probably wont do much after the catch, but around 4-5 tds would be considered a success if he can at least be the red zone threat he was in college...Right now he looks like his career is going to be a poor mans ernest wilford, but he still has plenty of time to change, just from what ive read his work ethic is so poor Im not expecting much more from him.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
So a lot of you seem to think he's a busted pick...is it laziness? Too slow? College skills didn't translate?

i'd say he doesn't have the work ethic, maturity, and his lack of speed obviously is a factor, but with work ethic he could overcome those things

Vilma the Animal
03-11-2008, 05:23 PM
They are the same, just different terms.

Neither is worse than the other

Not that it matters, but what cash money said is right. Over .08 DWI, under .08 DUI. So DWI is worse in a manner of speaking. Thats how it works in NY at least.

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Not that it matters, but what cash money said is right. Over .08 DWI, under .08 DUI. So DWI is worse in a manner of speaking. Thats how it works in NY at least.

Yea, I don't think he saw that I said it varies from state to state.

bored of education
03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
what a moron!

badgerbacker
03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't think drinking and driving is just an indiscretion... it's very very dangerousI'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.

lionsfan81
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

*** Not really Pete Carroll recruits but Ill give him credit for coaching.

Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.

I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.

T-RICH49
03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Thank GOD we took Bowe

ShutDwn
03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...

leroyisgod
03-11-2008, 08:49 PM
He's a waste of a thread...wait, why am I contributing to this?

Burns336
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.

I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.

Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.

Cashmoney
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...

He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?

niel89
03-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.

smith kept many drives alive. i was surprised how much of an impact he actually had.

steelernation77
03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.

I'd like to see what he blew. If it was like a .08 or .09 than, yeah, it was wrong, but up until recently most states had .10 as the legal limit. I'm sure on a given night there's a lot of people behind the wheel with .08-.1 BAC, people that would normally be considered somewhat respectable.

BlindSite
03-12-2008, 12:07 AM
He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?

Heres what I know:

The guy has a big frame, enough speed for his size, dependable hands and good ability in the red zone.

He's slightly lazy, steve smith got annoyed at him for not reading his playbook, not being studious enough and not working hard enough.

The front office has publicly stated he's currently number 2 on the depth chart. Its also been said he's been working out with a receiving guru and is looking like someone who wants to be a key contributor next year.

ake Delhomme says he "truly believes" that Dwayne Jarrett "is going to be a big help to us this year."
"He's got the ability, that's easy to see, and last year was honestly a redshirt year for him," Delhomme said. "I have no doubt he's going to come to play this year." Jarrett was just beginning to crack the lineup as a rookie before spraining his knee late in the year. He'll face a challenge, but it wouldn't be a surprise if he's starting opposite Steve Smith in 2008

My fair weather fan guess is that he did have struggles and then got his ass kicked into gear because of it. After that he hurt himself somewhat and was forced to play sparingly.

I don't know what to make of the situation in total. I don't really like it though.

LonghornsLegend
03-12-2008, 01:35 AM
What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.

NY+Giants=NYG
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM

Busts:
Mike Williams
Kenechi Udeze
Shaun Cody
Jacob Rogers
Darnell Bing
Dominique Byrd
Frostee Rucker

Produced:
Justin Fargas***
Troy Polamalu***
Carson Palmer***
Lofa Tatupu
Mike Patterson
Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
Reggie Bush
Lendale White
Winston Justice
Matt Leinart
Keary Colbert

Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.

marks01234
03-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.

Somebody could get injured.

As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.

Cashmoney
03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Somebody could get injured.

As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.

Except for Lenwhale.

TitleTown088
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
I'd drink too if I had a schnoze like that and two first names.

Flyboy
03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries.

Err.... wrong.

FloridaFootball
03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett

Cashmoney
03-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett

Nice investigating you did there.

BlindSite
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.

I'd expect him just to say something like "no comment"

The panthers organization is lethal to the media. Hell the website I write for occasionally got into trouble because apparently someone read what I had to say and hated it (I trashed them and their handling of a game) and then the next day it was gone from the website.

The site's owner even had his press pass taken off him.

steelersfan43
03-13-2008, 07:29 PM
.12...... hes done

badgerbacker
03-13-2008, 11:43 PM
.12...... hes doneDone with what? Yes, he'll get a DWI, but it's not like he's going to get kicked out of the league or have a significant amount of jail time or anything.